Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even CBS commentators say Herms's not going anywhere...

Default Even CBS commentators say Herms's not going anywhere...

I know this is a young team, and I know that we are rebuilding. What I don't get is how Herm continues to get a pass. CBS commentators said that Herm carries no responsibility for the state of this team. They said that becasue of vets like Tony G, and Larry J not being happy and asking for trades, missing meetings is why this team is ine state they are in.

This isn't Herm's first season it's his third. I don't get t! WTF! What does the media see in Herm? How is he a proven NFL coach?

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Let me refresh your memory for you, Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker.... I dont remember what you are talking about but if it was Tasker I think he knows a little about football.... One point that he said that I have been Constantly arguing is you dont fire a head coach that is going through a rebuild like this, if you think you are taking one step forward you are not you are taking two steps backward....

I totally agree with this and you know it... But I am disgusted with the play that I have seen and it can only get better, obivously.... We need a freaking QB; that will solve soooo many of our problems.... Offense second half 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out, No wonder our defense is getting gashed... No momentum and no points!!!!!! And they cant get off the field

Im not in the mood to argue tonight but thats how im looking at it...
    the rams and raiders did not take two steps back today they actually presented descent teams on the field get herm and carl as far away from kc as possible even the lions are playing in close games since they got rid of their clown as a gm their is something sick in the air in kc and it is the air that is coming out of carl and herm these players are not buying into them at AT ALL THEY HAVE LOST THIS TEAM good gawd herm show some freaking emotion after getting spanked like you did today but losing is second nature to his sorry ### it just comes natural

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the rams and raiders did not take two steps back today they actually presented descent teams on the field get herm and carl as far away from kc as possible even the lions are playing in close games since they got rid of their clown as a gm their is something sick in the air in kc and it is the air that is coming out of carl and herm these players are not buying into them at AT ALL THEY HAVE LOST THIS TEAM good gawd herm show some freaking emotion after getting spanked like you did today but losing is second nature to his sorry ### it just comes natural
    I really dont want to argue, lol... But, Marc Bulger over Brad Johnson any day of the week, once again poor QB play.... The Raiders almost, almost beat the JETS.. you are going to prove a point by that???? The Raiders almost beat the 5-1 Bills and the Raiders, oh god its killing me to say this, have a better overall d right now... OUCH!!!!! Kill me for saying that I know..... and a better QB than us.. The rams were a favorite to win their division before the season started, Thats why he got fired they werent playing to their potential....

I thought the day the Raiders would be better than the Chiefs would be the day that Al Davis died. Sigh.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I thought the day the Raiders would be better than the Chiefs would be the day that Al Davis died. Sigh.
    As much as an a-hole Davis is, at least he seems to give a sh!t about his team. Maybe its time for Hunt to be a little more proactive instead of leaving the entire organization in the hands of an inept salesman.
    SHUT IT

Herm is partly to blame, well mostly to blame, but Vermeil gets a pass for not injecting some youth into the OL while he was here, so Herm was left with a bare cubbard on the OL and at QB.

Vermeil and King Carl gambled on winning with vets early in the decade and it didn't work.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Herm is partly to blame, well mostly to blame, but Vermeil gets a pass for not injecting some youth into the OL while he was here, so Herm was left with a bare cubbard on the OL and at QB.

Vermeil and King Carl gambled on winning with vets early in the decade and it didn't work.
    Herm and Carl had atleast 1 year to start rebuilding the O-line even 1 player at a time. Although I think McIntosh gave us 1 good year but hes lost a few steps. They should have worked on it a little better especially knowing they had to talk Roaf and Shields into not retiring. IMO all 3 are too blame for this debacle!

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post

then they should have addresed the bare cubbard back then

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    then they should have addresed the bare cubbard back then
    Why do people forget that:

(1) Herm Edwards wasted his entire first draft (2006) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the immortal Tre- Stallings);

(2) In 2006, they let Tony Richardson, a key component of the running game, leave for no reason;

(3) Herm Edwards wasted his entire second draft (2007) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the overrated Herb Taylor);

(4) In 2007, the Chiefs let Kawika Mitchell, who would easily be their best LB today, go for no reason;

(5) Herm Edwards wasted his third draft (2008) on things decidedly non-OL (except for Brendan "please play me at my natural position" Albert and the immortal ) Barry Richardson) - this was with 13 picks;

(6) In 2008, the Chiefs traded Jared Allen, the best young DE in the game, for no reason, and let Jimmy Wilkerson (who would be the best DE on the team today), Casey Weigmann (a solid center), and Benny Sapp (a solid CB), go for no reason;

(7) The Chiefs have spent four picks in the first three rounds of the draft over Herm's tenure on the defensive line (Hali, Turk, Tank, and Dorsey), none of whom are productive today, and who gave up 334 yards on the ground on Sunday, insetad of drafting OL;

(8) The Chiefs have spent three picks on TEs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the best TE in the game in his prime, and have spent two picks on RBs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the highest paid RB in the game in his prime;

(9) The Chiefs have not made one useful free agent signing in the past three years; and

(10) Players are retiring rather than play with Herm Edwards, just as Waters and Gonzalez will this offseason.

The cupboard wasn't stocked when Herm arrived, but it wasn't that empty either. Free agent pickups have been overpiced veterens who cannot command significant pay for any other teams (McIntosh and Law, especially).

What have the current folks actually done to "rebuild" this team?

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Herm and Carl had atleast 1 year to start rebuilding the O-line even 1 player at a time. Although I think McIntosh gave us 1 good year but hes lost a few steps. They should have worked on it a little better especially knowing they had to talk Roaf and Shields into not retiring. IMO all 3 are too blame for this debacle!

The offensive line is not in complete wreck.Herm and King Carl have definitely summoned up certain key areas along the offensive line.We got a talented player to replace a player such as Willie Roaf in Prince Albert.B-dub can easily be considered as one of the best 3 left guards in the NFL.Niswanger is a complete playmaker at the Center psotion.I enjoy watching Nismanger play.He is everything that Casey Weigmann was and possibly will be better as time rolls by.The right side is the problem.Mac and Jones need to be replaced.Ok,Herb is the answer to replace one of these guys.Getting a superb veteran free agent signing through free agency involving the right side will make our offensive line dominate as before.

Default Um, no

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    The offensive line is not in complete wreck.Herm and King Carl have definitely summoned up certain key areas along the offensive line.We got a talented player to replace a player such as Willie Roaf in Prince Albert.B-dub can easily be considered as one of the best 3 left guards in the NFL.Niswanger is a complete playmaker at the Center psotion.I enjoy watching Nismanger play.He is everything that Casey Weigmann was and possibly will be better as time rolls by.The right side is the problem.Mac and Jones need to be replaced.Ok,Herb is the answer to replace one of these guys.Getting a superb veteran free agent signing through free agency involving the right side will make our offensive line dominate as before.
    You're dreaming. Waters is not one of the top three LGs in the league anymore, and even if he were, he'll retire before playing another season for Herm.

Albert is lost at LT. His next team will move him back to RG.

Nismanger is a 50th percentile sort of C. He isn't great, but he's not bad. Someone bigger would be nice, but he'll be acceptable.

Herb Taylor is massively overrated on these boards.

Unless the Chiefs massively retool on the OL (move Albert to RG and sign/draft some decent tackles), the Chiefs will not be able to play offense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast