Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER LJ Suspension!!!!! From the NFL this time!

Default ANOTHER LJ Suspension!!!!! From the NFL this time!

This is one upstaning citizen we have here in KC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652459

By Michael Smith
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Chief coach Herman Edwards benched Larry Johnson for Sunday's game against Tennessee for violating team rules. Now, Kansas City's star running back soon might incur additional punishment, this time from the NFL -- and for different reasons.

Johnson

During the Chiefs' recent bye week, Johnson was involved in a physical altercation with a woman at a Kansas City nightclub, sources told ESPN -- the second such late-night incident he's found himself in this year. The incident is consistent with a pattern of off-field behavior that league sources expect will lead to a suspension for Johnson under the NFL's personal conduct policy.
    It's unclear whether or not Johnson has been or will be charged in the incident.
    "It's just a matter of for how long," one source said.
    The Chiefs acknowledged Johnson's latest troubles.
    "We are aware of the most recent incident involving Larry Johnson and we are very disappointed with his involvement," team president Carl Peterson said in a statement Sunday. "We will cooperate fully with the Kansas City authorities who are investigating the matter. We have also made the NFL office in New York aware of the incident and officials there are conducting their own independent investigation.
    "Based upon the NFL Player Conduct Policy, we will have no further comment."
    League spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment Sunday.
    Johnson has been involved in at least three other incidents during his six-year NFL career; the bye week incident is his fourth -- not third, as reported last week -- and second of 2008. Each incident involved one or more of three common denominators: a female accuser, alcohol, and a nightclub. In the case of the past three, it's been all of the above.
    Johnson already faces a December court date on a simple assault charge stemming from a Feb. 24 incident in Kansas City, news of which surfaced last week. A 26-year-old woman accused the 28-year-old Johnson of pushing her head with his open hand. If convicted Johnson could be sentenced to up to six months in jail and fined $500.
    In 2003, Johnson was accused by a former girlfriend of brandishing a gun during an argument. He was charged with aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery, but those charges were dropped the following year after Johnson agreed to enter a domestic violence diversion program.
    Three years ago, a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the floor after an argument. The woman later changed her story, decided not to press charges and missed three court hearings, leading to the dismissal of the charges.
    Johnson has rushed for 417 yards and three touchdowns for the Chiefs, who lost to Tennessee to fall to 1-5. In August 2007, the club signed their 2003 first-round draft pick to a six-year, $45 million extension that included $19 million in guarantees.
    Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN.

This is the kind of thing that happens on other teams, not here in KC. Johnson is a stain. What price is worthy of a guy who does this nonsense, and complains and whines like he does.

Trade him at the end of the season and get whatever we think we can. He is not a good leader and he is a poison on this team.

Problem is, most teams won't give anything for guys like this. Dallas and Oakland being the exceptions, and I don't know if the Cowboys have any draft picks left after Roy Williams (ZERO Catches today), and I don't really want to give the Raiders any kind of improvement.

Although, it would probably be fun to root against this jerk for once.

A 45 million dollar mistake. Good job, Carl. Oh, I forgot, the King can make 45 million dollar mistakes and not worry about losing his job!!! Both of these 2 clowns should be banned from Arrowhead for life...
    SHUT IT

I don't think that his suspension for today's game was related to this story, but this was obviously going to come back and bite him. LJ is starting to remind me of TO more and more each day.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperBagChiefsFan View Post
    I don't think that his suspension for today's game was related to this story, but this was obviously going to come back and bite him. LJ is starting to remind me of TO more and more each day.
    Well, I don't know if it's unrelated or not but it alludes to more time lost for LJ than just today's game.

Pure speculation, but my first thought was that LJ missed the meeting during the bye week due to some kind of detention by the police or something from this incident. I think we probably would have heard something before now if that was the case, but that's immediately where my head went with it.

I'd like to ask the Chiefs lineman how they're able to block for a woman-beater like LJ. One of them should pick a fight w/ LJ, to show him what it's like. I suspect he doesn't have the stones to fight someone his size or bigger.

LJ is human filth, but to call him "human" is a stretch. Does he not have a mom, a sister, or any women in his life he cares about? I'm actively rooting against the Chiefs until this woman-beating loser is no longer on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A 45 million dollar mistake. Good job, Carl. Oh, I forgot, the King can make 45 million dollar mistakes and not worry about losing his job!!! Both of these 2 clowns should be banned from Arrowhead for life...
    aint that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    Problem is, most teams won't give anything for guys like this. Dallas and Oakland being the exceptions, and I don't know if the Cowboys have any draft picks left after Roy Williams (ZERO Catches today), and I don't really want to give the Raiders any kind of improvement.

Although, it would probably be fun to root against this jerk for once.
    Dallas still has nine picks for the 2009 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsofa View Post
    Dallas still has nine picks for the 2009 draft.
    Yeah, I think I actually knew that now that you mention it. But what would they need LJ for, they got a beast in Barber already, who is younger anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast