Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Brodie and KC's future...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Brodie and KC's future...


    0 Not allowed!
    I hate it for Brodie. I read this forum occasionally over the past two years to get and idea of what Chiefs' fans think about Brodie. As a student at Alabama, I am a huge Croyle fan and seeing him limp of the field yet again made me just sick.

    I'll say this, he has the worst luck of any football player I've ever seen. KC has a top offense for years led by the like of Willie Roaf, Will Shields, Gonzalez, Priest, etc. Brodie feel a few years after the curve and it didn't help that Herm was called in and it trying to change the organizational philosophy.

    I'll say this, if KC is smart ya'll will take a "chance" on another Alabama product---OT Andre Smith. I don't think that any QB is going to have much success under center, whether its Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, or anyone---until another piece is added to the hapless OL. Draft Andre Smith (or maybe Michael Oher from Ole Miss (a bigger gamble though) and all of a sudden a dismal OL goes to a very good one with him and Waters and Albert at guards.

    Also, this might be old news here but apparently Ingle Martin's wife posted on an Alabama board that Brodie was told "he'd probably never be able to play football again...and is devastated."

    Either way, I don't see a future for him in KC. My hope is that he'll be able to rehab and will find a place as a back-up for a good team and possibly one day he'll get a chance to play if someone else goes down.

    One things for certain, he has an elite arm and that alone got him where he is. He has the ability, just the worst luck I've literally ever seen.

    *Note: for anyone of ya'll last say Brodie is a "wuss" or "isn't tough," that is classless garbage. I've seen the guy play through intense pain in Alabama's horrible, Shula-coaches 2003 season where we went through 3 QBs and Shula threw him under the bus in game vs. UGA when the starter went-down he put the injured--not just hurt back in the game only to get his shoulder crushed by Thomas Davis. Croyle has played through some serious pain. His inability to stay on the field in not because of a lack of toughness---that's for sure. He loves the game of football. He was the #1 QB in nation out of high school (despite tearing his ACL in the first quarter of the first game of the year). He torn the other one in 2004, effectively ending Alabama's season. The talent is there and it kills me that he catches so much flack from the media, Chiefs' fans, and even Alabama fans.
    Last edited by bamachum; 10-20-2008 at 01:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,125
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I feel really bad for the kid if he is never able to play football again. This lies solely on Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. They knew the O-line needed retooled in the off-season. Yet they did absolutely nothing to address it during free agency. Instead, they added a rookie LT who is really a Guard and that was it.

    If they felt Brodie was their franchise QB, they should have protected their investment. Instead, they ignored the problem in my opinion. Brodie never even had a shot of having success this year. Every QB we put in there gets hurt. They have no time to run through progressions. Our QB's are running for their lives every passing play. I hope Herm Edwards feels some real guilt over this injury. Because it was more his fault than it was Albert Haynesworth or any of the Titans.


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I feel really bad for the kid if he is never able to play football again. This lies solely on Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. They knew the O-line needed retooled in the off-season. Yet they did absolutely nothing to address it during free agency. Instead, they added a rookie LT who is really a Guard and that was it.

    If they felt Brodie was their franchise QB, they should have protected their investment. Instead, they ignored the problem in my opinion. Brodie never even had a shot of having success this year. Every QB we put in there gets hurt. They have no time to run through progressions. Our QB's are running for their lives every passing play. I hope Herm Edwards feels some real guilt over this injury. Because it was more his fault than it was Albert Haynesworth or any of the Titans.
    amen coach

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think Brodie is simply a lemon. Some guys arent meant for the NFL and Croyle is one of them.

    Ya our O-line sucks. But Brodie is just too fragile. Did he even make it to the 2nd quarter?

    We need to draft a QB with some weight to him.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bamachum View Post
    I'll say this, if KC is smart ya'll will take a "chance" on another Alabama product---OT Andre Smith. I don't think that any QB is going to have much success under center, whether its Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, or anyone---until another piece is added to the hapless OL. Draft Andre Smith (or maybe Michael Oher from Ole Miss (a bigger gamble though) and all of a sudden a dismal OL goes to a very good one with him and Waters and Albert at guards.
    First Waters is a guard so I am guessing it would be Smith and Albert at Tackles.

    Second tell me more about Smith. Why did you refer to him as a chance. I don't follow Alabama so I don't know anything about him.

    I was really pulling for Brodie. I had hoped he would be the player the coaches saw. Unfortunately he just does not have a big enough fram to take a hit.

    The last two injuries he got hurt on, were nothing bone breaking. His body just couldn't handle it. Damon Huard took the same hits and got up, and even took one yesterday that i was surprised he did get up from.

    He was playing great yesterday too. I really hope we keep him around to see if he can hang on as a back up.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-21-2008 at 02:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    First Waters is a guard so I am guessing it would be Smith and Albert at Tackles.

    Second tell me more about Smith. Why did you refer to him as a chance. I don't follow Alabama so I don't know anything about him.

    I was really pulling for Brodie. I had hoped he would be the player the coaches saw. Unfortunately he just does not have a big enough fram to take a hit.

    The last two injuries he got hurt on, were nothing bone breaking. His body just couldn't handle it. Damon Huard took the same hits and got up, and even took one yesterday that i was surprised he did get up from.

    He was playing great yesterday too. I really hope we keep him around to see if he can hang on as a back up.
    Yeah, I realize Waters is a guard. I was projecting that if, in fact, an Andre Smith is drafted by KC that Albert would be moved down to Guard, where I've read he is a better fit. Then again, RT could be a possibility.

    As for Andre Smith, the "gamble" was meant to be sarcasm. He would be like drafting a Walter Jones, Chris Samuels, or Jonathan Ogden in that we would be a mainstay and figure at LT for a decade. His athleticism for his size 6'4-6'5" and "listed at 330" is incredible. He is simply a freak. Has started from Day 1 as a freshmen and has been essentially dominant in the SEC. He is only a junior.

    Michael Oher, of Ole Miss, has the talent and potential but I saw more risky in that he is still very raw, started playing football very late and took a long time to "learn the game." His story is remarkable and you can read a little bit about it. Michael Lewis, the author of "Moneyball," wrote his story in a book called "The Blind Side." You can read more about it if your are interested but he was essentially homeless, before a white upper-class, evangelical Memphis family took him at about 15 and "raised him."

    But yes, I hope Brodie rehabs and KC will hold on to him as a backup and maybe as he gets older he can add some weight and possibly contribute in the future, if not in KC, then somewhere. His arm is of the elite-caliber and if players like Kerry Collins, Todd Collins, or Mark Brunell can hang around on roster into their late 30s---then there is no reason for a talent like Croyle to "give it up."

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bamachum View Post
    Yeah, I realize Waters is a guard. I was projecting that if, in fact, an Andre Smith is drafted by KC that Albert would be moved down to Guard, where I've read he is a better fit. Then again, RT could be a possibility. ."
    Gotcha... I am pretty sure Albert would be moved to RT. We have holes at every postion on the line except maybe at LT with Albert.

    Given your situation Albert and Smith would be the tackles.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I blame Herm, then Carl above anyone else, for this injury.

    Croyle said he wasn't ready, but they forced him in.

    Herm has a career of experience with neglecting to protect QBs, and never seems to learn.
    CP allowed him to do it here, and now we see the result.

    It truly is a shame that Croyle never got a chance to play QB with an NFL offense.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I blame Herm, then Carl above anyone else, for this injury.

    Croyle said he wasn't ready, but they forced him in.

    Herm has a career of experience with neglecting to protect QBs, and never seems to learn.
    CP allowed him to do it here, and now we see the result.

    It truly is a shame that Croyle never got a chance to play QB with an NFL offense.
    No question that he doesn't have the body to survive in the NFL, but I can't say he doesn't have talent. He was making some pretty solid throws in the quarter he played and moved us down the field pretty well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we keep him and make him backup, or someone else takes him as their backup.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    No question that he doesn't have the body to survive in the NFL, but I can't say he doesn't have talent. He was making some pretty solid throws in the quarter he played and moved us down the field pretty well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we keep him and make him backup, or someone else takes him as their backup.
    I question the part of him not having the body to do it. First, protect him, then I will tell you what I think about it.

    He was forced to play injured, and took a solid shot that ended his season. (At least)

    Trent Green was a withering willow limb at one time too, but he gave us something to cheer for for a while. Ya just have to protect a QB from taking all of those unforseen hits.

    I don't buy that all of Herms QBs are just fragile twigs. I think that Herm refuses to offer any protection for his QBs, and they get hit alot. Then when all the pressure is on to 'stand and deliver', he gets to take those hits without even protecting himself.

    Do that alot, and this is the result.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •