Thread: Brodie and KC's future...

Threaded View

Default Brodie and KC's future...

I hate it for Brodie. I read this forum occasionally over the past two years to get and idea of what Chiefs' fans think about Brodie. As a student at Alabama, I am a huge Croyle fan and seeing him limp of the field yet again made me just sick.

I'll say this, he has the worst luck of any football player I've ever seen. KC has a top offense for years led by the like of Willie Roaf, Will Shields, Gonzalez, Priest, etc. Brodie feel a few years after the curve and it didn't help that Herm was called in and it trying to change the organizational philosophy.

I'll say this, if KC is smart ya'll will take a "chance" on another Alabama product---OT Andre Smith. I don't think that any QB is going to have much success under center, whether its Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, or anyone---until another piece is added to the hapless OL. Draft Andre Smith (or maybe Michael Oher from Ole Miss (a bigger gamble though) and all of a sudden a dismal OL goes to a very good one with him and Waters and Albert at guards.

Also, this might be old news here but apparently Ingle Martin's wife posted on an Alabama board that Brodie was told "he'd probably never be able to play football again...and is devastated."

Either way, I don't see a future for him in KC. My hope is that he'll be able to rehab and will find a place as a back-up for a good team and possibly one day he'll get a chance to play if someone else goes down.

One things for certain, he has an elite arm and that alone got him where he is. He has the ability, just the worst luck I've literally ever seen.

*Note: for anyone of ya'll last say Brodie is a "wuss" or "isn't tough," that is classless garbage. I've seen the guy play through intense pain in Alabama's horrible, Shula-coaches 2003 season where we went through 3 QBs and Shula threw him under the bus in game vs. UGA when the starter went-down he put the injured--not just hurt back in the game only to get his shoulder crushed by Thomas Davis. Croyle has played through some serious pain. His inability to stay on the field in not because of a lack of toughness---that's for sure. He loves the game of football. He was the #1 QB in nation out of high school (despite tearing his ACL in the first quarter of the first game of the year). He torn the other one in 2004, effectively ending Alabama's season. The talent is there and it kills me that he catches so much flack from the media, Chiefs' fans, and even Alabama fans.
    Last edited by bamachum; 10-20-2008 at 01:22 PM.