Many people including myself have said that Herm is not a very HC but a great Scout.

Without making excuses or pointing blame at anyone else like DV, lets look at what Herm has done.

Everyone says you can't evaluate a draft effectively until after the first 3 years when the player have developed. So lets look at Herm's evaluation.

1. 20th pick Tamba Hali - Maybe moving him back to the otherside may help his career but he is certainly dissapointing this year. Teams are killing us by running at him and he is getting zero pressure. Based on his performance in year three this is a bust of a pick.

2. 54th pick Bernarnd Pollard - Great special teams player. Like to hit but won't wrap up creating many missed tackles. He is very poor in pass coverage. At this time, I would make him a low end Starter but high end back up. Not a bust, but not a great pick.

3. 85th Brodie Croyle - Hasn't won a game, can't finish a game. Huge Bust.

5. 154 Marcus Maxey - First CB Herm drafted for the team. Didn't even make the team. Huge bust.

6. 186 Tre Stallings. Did see him play to make judgement but since he is not on roster - Huge Bust

6. 190 Jeff Webb. - I don't know yet. The fact that they signed Devard Darling and keep playing him over Webb isn't good. Specially since Darling is horrible. - Bust

7. Jarrad Page - he compliments Pollard in the fact that he can cover, but he is even worse at tackling and can't support the run at all. Not a bust but not oustanding either.

Based on Herms first draft as a Chief. I can't see any argument to support the theory that he is a good at evaluating talent. Add in the horrific Free Agent Signing and I would give Herm a big fat F on the players that he has brought in his first year.

While it is not fair to grade his second year draft yet, there are really only two players that I would want to draft again and that is Bowe and Kolby Smith. Te free agents he signed was still horrific.

Any excuse that this team is in shambles becuase of DV has gone out the window in my opinion. Herm has plenty of fault as stated above.