Thread: Discipline.

Default Discipline.

This team doesn't have it. Every time we had a good play or two last week, we immediately shot ourselves in the foot afterward. Penalties, missed field goals, and more penalties helped make the Chiefs their own worst enemy on Sunday. It was already hard enough for this team to have to play against the Titans. Playing against ourselves as well just made any outcome other than the 34-10 final an impossibility.

One could say the Titan's killed us on Sunday. I say that the Chiefs have put the gun to their own head. The Titans simply had to pull the trigger.

Any time a team is this ill-prepared and undisciplined, the fault lies squarely with the coaches responsible for fielding a competitive team. This is Herm's mess and we're probably going to have to hire a maid to clean it up.

So, when does this "rebuilding" process actually start? Next year? 2010? With veteran players getting frustrated and wanting out, it seems that Herm is still in the process of knocking walls out. He certainly hasn't put any new ones up.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    This team doesn't have it. Every time we had a good play or two last week, we immediately shot ourselves in the foot afterward. Penalties, missed field goals, and more penalties helped make the Chiefs their own worst enemy on Sunday. It was already hard enough for this team to have to play against the Titans. Playing against ourselves as well just made any outcome other than the 34-10 final an impossibility.

One could say the Titan's killed us on Sunday. I say that the Chiefs have put the gun to their own head. The Titans simply had to pull the trigger.

Any time a team is this ill-prepared and undisciplined, the fault lies squarely with the coaches responsible for fielding a competitive team. This is Herm's mess and we're probably going to have to hire a maid to clean it up.

So, when does this "rebuilding" process actually start? Next year? 2010? With veteran players getting frustrated and wanting out, it seems that Herm is still in the process of knocking walls out. He certainly hasn't put any new ones up.
    i could not agree anymore. i am still waiting for that one player to come out and take the leadership role overvoice herm and say enough is enough. the guy had two freaking weeks to study film get a game plan put together and make the adjustmants needed to at the very least play somewhat competitive but no we do not even score until the fourth quarter YOU SUCK HERM

Here's the thing - even if the Chiefs played to the fullest of their talent level, they'd probably still be 1-5. The talent just isn't there on this team to win NFL football games.

This isn't a talented team that is miscoached. This is a talentless team that is miscoached.

Who on this team could start elsewhere in the NFL:

Flowers (future stud)
    Waters (solid, solid LG)
    Tony G. (best TE ever)
    Albert (at RG, not LT)
    Derrick Johnson (on bad teams)
    Colquitt (best P in the NFL)
    Bowe (as a 2WR)
    Larry Johnson (maybe on the Seahawks, Lions, or Bengals)

That's eight out of 24 (K and P included). That's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Here's the thing - even if the Chiefs played to the fullest of their talent level, they'd probably still be 1-5. The talent just isn't there on this team to win NFL football games.

This isn't a talented team that is miscoached. This is a talentless team that is miscoached.

Flowers (future stud)
    Waters (solid, solid LG)
    Tony G. (best TE ever)
    Albert (at RG, not LT)
    Bowe (as a 2WR)

No Carr, Charles, or Savage?
    I thought Carr was living up to his hype?
    Give Savage some guys capable of creating a proper wedge, and he'll be fine.
    No running back, Charles included, can run through a solid wall. Holes must be made, and we just don't do that.
    As it stands today anyway...

Well, I was only going by the starters, and those three aren't starters in the traditional sense. They could all find homes in the NFL, but not in the 24 main slots.

Carr is a very good slot CB, but I was counting Surtain and Flowers as the starters (just as Herm is).

Charles is also a backup. He may someday turn into a good third down back, but he isn't there yet. We won't be able to see if he is there without a line.

Savage may turn into a good returner, but again, we won't know for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

Flowers (future stud)
    Waters (solid, solid LG)
    Tony G. (best TE ever)
    Albert (at RG, not LT)
    Bowe (as a 2WR)

I am going to put Pollard on my list, last year I would have agreed, but this year he has been the play maker on defense. So many times you seem him making an incredible stop or involved in a play. Of course, he has to be since no one else on defense is doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am going to put Pollard on my list, last year I would have agreed, but this year he has been the play maker on defense. So many times you seem him making an incredible stop or involved in a play. Of course, he has to be since no one else on defense is doing anything.
    Yeah, I like BP too. Give him Demorrio and Juan to run with, and he get's even better.
    Donnie Edwards and Jared Page are just occupying real estate.

Whos to blame? The head coach or the one who thought it would be a good idea to put him in as head coach? Herm wasnt impressive with the Jets. CP should be the primary at fault. Herm hasnt been here for 20 years. Kill the head of the snake, the rest of the body and its loser ways will die.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 10-21-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Wow, it sounds like we are turning into the Raiders! Good post buddy!