Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs speak to Culpepper..........

Default Chiefs speak to Culpepper..........

ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs spoke to retired QB Daunte Culpepper on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    You certainly can't expect a rookie QB to be thrown into the fire behind this O line can you? They won't spend any money on any O line FA again this year and may draft a couple. The line will still suck!! Build the damn O line through FA!!!!!
    Draft 2, Buy 2 = Recepie for Success.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I'm good with this scenario.

I would have taken him for the rest of the season...but it doesnt sound like even the guy who sent 32 letters out asking for a chance wants to play for the Chiefs...denied by Culpepper...ouch!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...Culpepper.html

Culpepper sucks ***!!!!

But I don't mind if he comes in and starts. He will be done in a couple of games.

yeah, he's a big guy. But he has become injury-prone, and that will increase if he plays for Herm Edwards.

I am STILL pissed that we didn't make a run at Garcia. Some on this site don't like him but the dude just wins!!!! Dominated in Philly and then won the division in Tampa with 2 INT's none the less!!!!
    I agree with you there. Garcia's one of those under rated QBs that plays well and never seems to get recognition for it... would love to have him on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    we have the cap space for this i definantly agree with draft 2 buy 2 jordan gross is out there and he is young i think the o line can be fixed alot quicker than people think

Back up? Who would he be backing up?

Think: Culpepper is retired. What makes anyone think that he is still keeping in shape?
    Also, What about the chiefs' non existant o-line?? Can they protect an aging QB?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post

Think: Culpepper is retired. What makes anyone think that he is still keeping in shape?
    Also, What about the chiefs' non existant o-line?? Can they protect an aging QB?
    : You could go to that team and start. What makes you think Culpepper wouldn't?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Everyone around here knows that I am the first one to pile on Peterson when given the chance, but what you stated here is NOT how it went down. Peterson never changed the deal to a second. The details out now say that Green Bay wanted guarantees that TG would play three years, and if he did not, then Tony would have to pay back salary AND the Chiefs would be on the line for future draft picks.

I am not sure why those details did not come out originally, but if those are indeed the details and I have heard it said that both sides agree that those were the details, then Peterson saved himself and Gonzales a lot of future trouble.

Now, Peterson is a shrude businessman, and I have no doubt he is going to do what is best for Carl Peterson, so your statement about him changing the deal mid stream would not be uncharacteristic, however, lets make sure we get the story straight.
    I heard also that GB wanted those guarantees also. That said, it was also said that CP at the last minute asked for a 2nd in order to get that deal done. So, it sounds to me after it was all over both teams waited to late to get the negotiations done. I think CP woulda been fine with a 3rd but then GB came back and said they want him to play 3 more years. I think CP took that deal and said no way! If hes going to play 3 more years then we are going to keep him unless you give us a 2nd. It came down to greed on both parts and unfortunately a future HOFer was the 1 screwed.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    I agree with you there. Garcia's one of those under rated QBs that plays well and never seems to get recognition for it... would love to have him on our side.
    Garcia is to old to fit into what CP and Herm is doing. I like him as well but he would not last until our line is fixed. Even then he would be even older than what he is. In the end the Chiefs will fix the O-line first then go look for someones discarded back-up that has the so called "upside". Or they will draft another. Sorry to say but, our future either still sits with either Croyle (since Herm looks to have a man crush on him) or its with Thigpen or the new guy. I think if Herm is still here next year Croyle will get 1 more season to prove himself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast