Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs looking to replace Novak.

Default Chiefs looking to replace Novak.

Just heard on the radio that the Chiefs are looking to replace Novak with Connor Barth.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

The move was made, Novak was cut and Barth was signed.

With others I agree that this shouldnt be the most important position, but with Herms we dont know what we are doing, lets run on third and 20 or throw 5 yards it is highly unlikely that the team is going to get points any other way. At this moment I am on hiatus, I have lost faith in my beliefs, LJ was one of my favorite players but I am tired of his issue, TG has always been one of my favorite players but even though he is still doing a great job he hates the team and wants out.

Herm shouldnt be coaching pee wee league but for some god forsaken reason he is .. has completely disassembled the team that I used to be passionate about, lately I havent had the passion to care what happens week to week, and I think until Herm is gone I am going to invest in another hobby. Herm has destroyed the fun in the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    The move was made, Novak was cut and Barth was signed.

With others I agree that this shouldnt be the most important position, but with Herms we dont know what we are doing, lets run on third and 20 or throw 5 yards it is highly unlikely that the team is going to get points any other way. At this moment I am on hiatus, I have lost faith in my beliefs, LJ was one of my favorite players but I am tired of his issue, TG has always been one of my favorite players but even though he is still doing a great job he hates the team and wants out.

Herm shouldnt be coaching pee wee league but for some god forsaken reason he is .. has completely disassembled the team that I used to be passionate about, lately I havent had the passion to care what happens week to week, and I think until Herm is gone I am going to invest in another hobby. Herm has destroyed the fun in the game for me.
    When you're in the place KC currently finds itself, you find yourself wishing that football WASN'T a team sport.
    It's doubly so for THIS team, because you see the mountain of young talent on the roster and you know without a doubt that the right coaching will unlock these guys.
    You see the three or four guys sitting on the bench, the guys who stood up to Denver and knocked them on their ***, and you can't understand for the life of you why they aren't on the field.
    When you add in all of the recent drama, and a head coach with his own extra-terrestrial version of English, it paints a pretty grim picture.

My stance on all of this is simple; be there for the kids. Be there and support the 1, 2, and 3 year guys who MATTER, and f*ck everyone else!
    Let the relevant guys know that we're still Arrowhead, that we still love the Chiefs, that we understand the situation, and that we're going to soldier on through to the end of this 20-year clusterf*ck together.
    And when those two worthless sacks of f*cking SH*T finally end up on the curb where they belong, we'll all get together, throw a party bigger than GOD, and get to work on building the powerhouse, take no prisoners, take no sh*t, "Don't Bother Showing Up To Play Us Because You're Just Another Statistic On Our Way To The World Championship" FOOTBALL TEAM THAT LIVES BY THE CREED OF "NO QUARTER" AND PRACTICES THE FINE ART OF PUTTING FOOT TO A** EVERY SUNDAY WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Is this really the area we need to focus on right now? Can't we do something about shoring up our QB position, linbackers, or even *gasp* the O-Line? Is there no one out there we can bring in that can potentially lend a hand?

I know no one is saying this is the only thing we need to do, but for God's sake, we should be looking at bettering some other positions, to me kicker is the least of our worries at the moment.
    we need an o-line?

Or better yet..... lets get this guy for a kicker... I bet it would only cost us $5k

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/N...Y&pageId=3.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Just heard on the radio that the Chiefs are looking to replace Novak with Connor Barth.
    I hope that Barth can kick far.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have an idea, why not let Colquitt kick? He clearly has a leg big enough for the job, can't be much worse can it?
    There is a big difference between punting and kicking. I did both in high school and in college. I was a much better kicker than punter. Punting is more about the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I hope that Barth can kick far.
    His range wasn't much different than Novak's. In pre-season his kick offs were consistently a little bit farther.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    LOL, I knew this was coming this week. Herm had to make an example of someone.

The problem is, Herm should have stuck with Barth from the start. He basically won the job in pre-seaspm, but Novak had NFL experience and that was the determining factor for why they kept Novak.

I thought that if it was truly a youth movement, it wouldn't matter if Barth was a rookie, but they kept bringing up Medlock as an excuse. I thought it was stupid at the start of the year and this is just more proof for why Herm isn't the guy to rebuild this team.
    I agree they should have stayed with Barth! Herm wasnt going to go with another rookie after last years debacle with that. Although, this just makes Herm look even more stupid now! Last year he went with a rookie and this year he went with a vet. Niether has worked! Ive said it before in another thread that Herm cant pick kickers! He has proved that again and even if he could, he still has to make the kicker feel comfortable lining up to kick behind the line. I wouldnt be surprised with Barth sitting at home watching games he was dreading a call from the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I agree they should have stayed with Barth! Herm wasnt going to go with another rookie after last years debacle with that. Although, this just makes Herm look even more stupid now! Last year he went with a rookie and this year he went with a vet. Niether has worked! Ive said it before in another thread that Herm cant pick kickers! He has proved that again and even if he could, he still has to make the kicker feel comfortable lining up to kick behind the line. I wouldnt be surprised with Barth sitting at home watching games he was dreading a call from the Chiefs.
    I think Herm's strength, and the position he could truly thrive in with Kansas City, is being in charge of the Corners.
    Carr was a great pick on Herm's part. I attribute Flowers more to Gunther and Cook( God Bless their aggressive little hearts! ).

Yeah; it's a "If Wishes Were Horses" scenario, but I'll give the man credit where credit is due.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I think Herm's strength, and the position he could truly thrive in with Kansas City, is being in charge of the Corners.
    Carr was a great pick on Herm's part. I attribute Flowers more to Gunther and Cook( God Bless their aggressive little hearts! ).

Yeah; it's a "If Wishes Were Horses" scenario, but I'll give the man credit where credit is due.
    I would not disagree with you on that although they are just a little undersized. Although, they have proven in theirs first year that they can, at times, can keep up with the best of them. Im happy with them, and they will only get better!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast