Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs looking to replace Novak.

Default Chiefs looking to replace Novak.

Just heard on the radio that the Chiefs are looking to replace Novak with Connor Barth.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Just heard on the radio that the Chiefs are looking to replace Novak with Connor Barth.
    Imagine that! 2 years in a row we cant keep the same kicker! Like the kicker is the prob this year? Its not like when we had Elliot or sumthin. Whats next? If Barth doesnt work the way Herm wants are we bringing Medlock back?

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Imagine that! 2 years in a row we cant keep the same kicker! Like the kicker is the prob this year? Its not like when we had Elliot or sumthin. Whats next? If Barth doesnt work the way Herm wants are we bringing Medlock back?
    Maybe we should. Who knows, he can preform as good as what we have!

I think Barth will do better than Novak. He has sucked this year.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I think Barth will do better than Novak. He has sucked this year.
    To be fair, its not like he gets any chance to be ready, I mean he!!, He doesn't even get any extra point kicks in a game to keep his kicking form ready!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    To be fair, its not like he gets any chance to be ready, I mean he!!, He doesn't even get any extra point kicks in a game to keep his kicking form ready!
    When you get a chance for points, you have to capitalize. Especially with an offense this bad.

Novak practices and warms up (or at least he should be). He's paid to come into the game an make kicks. He's not. Therefore, not doing his job. Make any excuse you want for the guy. He sucks.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

LOL, I knew this was coming this week. Herm had to make an example of someone.

The problem is, Herm should have stuck with Barth from the start. He basically won the job in pre-seaspm, but Novak had NFL experience and that was the determining factor for why they kept Novak.

I thought that if it was truly a youth movement, it wouldn't matter if Barth was a rookie, but they kept bringing up Medlock as an excuse. I thought it was stupid at the start of the year and this is just more proof for why Herm isn't the guy to rebuild this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    LOL, I knew this was coming this week. Herm had to make an example of someone.

The problem is, Herm should have stuck with Barth from the start. He basically won the job in pre-seaspm, but Novak had NFL experience and that was the determining factor for why they kept Novak.

I thought that if it was truly a youth movement, it wouldn't matter if Barth was a rookie, but they kept bringing up Medlock as an excuse. I thought it was stupid at the start of the year and this is just more proof for why Herm isn't the guy to rebuild this team.
    EXACTLY!

I remember when they made that call. I was sitting there saying to myself "you're f*cking kidding me, right"!?!?

I ALWAYS thought Connor was the man for the job.

Is this really the area we need to focus on right now? Can't we do something about shoring up our QB position, linbackers, or even *gasp* the O-Line? Is there no one out there we can bring in that can potentially lend a hand?

I know no one is saying this is the only thing we need to do, but for God's sake, we should be looking at bettering some other positions, to me kicker is the least of our worries at the moment.

I have an idea, why not let Colquitt kick? He clearly has a leg big enough for the job, can't be much worse can it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast