Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should We Draft a QB Next Year?

Default Should We Draft a QB Next Year?

With the talent we have at wide receiver in Dwayne Bowe and at tight end with Gonzo, should the Chiefs draft a QB early in the first round next season?

If so, who are the top college prospects that might fit our offense? In my opinion, Croyle is not the long term answer. Thoughts?
    The Kansas City Chiefs have a Great History. Learn who we put on the Kansas City Chiefs All Time Team

Quote Originally Posted by 20yardline View Post
    With the talent we have at wide receiver in Dwayne Bowe and at tight end with Gonzo, should the Chiefs draft a QB early in the first round next season?

If so, who are the top college prospects that might fit our offense? In my opinion, Croyle is not the long term answer. Thoughts?
    Obviously, we need to draft a QB, I'm just not so sure who. Quite a few good ones out there, but it's hard to tell who would fit in with our offense. Stafford is my choice because he's already dealing with a bad O-line, so he'd know what to expect! He has a cannon for an arm, as well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 20yardline View Post

I'm thinking "Why waste a draft choice on a QB when we know the youth will still be in toddler stage next season." Build up the defense and O-line first.

Forget Croyle, I think Thigpen has possibilities. Since the 3 stooges(Clark, Carl, Hermie) are content to for this to be a practice season let's let next season be a practice season for the kids to get better.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Plain and simple, we can't have it all next year. We have to decide if a QB is important or if focusing on other areas is more important.The run defense needs alot of improvement. In my opinion I say focus on going into a game and producing results. There's talent there, just needs tightening up.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefskid90 View Post
    We have to decide if a QB is important or if focusing on other areas is more important.The run defense needs alot of improvement. In my opinion I say focus on going into a game and producing results. There's talent there, just needs tightening up.
    I say we need to draft defense and possibly a kicker that can kick a 3-pointer from farther away than the 30-47 yard line. In fact, the chiefs need someone out there that is going to high school and colleges keeping an eye on kickers. Remember Denver's kicker? He is a great kicker, such distance.

I'm sure that you are right about the talent, but its like they don't care. Maybe they weren't meant to be NFL players because NFL is very demanding. Not all have the spirit and knack.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I say we need to draft defense and possibly a kicker that can kick a 3-pointer from farther away than the 30-47 yard line. In fact, the chiefs need someone out there that is going to high school and colleges keeping an eye on kickers. Remember Denver's kicker? He is a great kicker, such distance.

I'm sure that you are right about the talent, but its like they don't care. Maybe they weren't meant to be NFL players because NFL is very demanding. Not all have the spirit and knack.

I think part of them not caring has to do with the fact that they are new. They are diggin the pay check, the popularity. The priority isn't football to them. I think that's the problem. They are rookies. They haven't played enough to understand that maybe. That was going out on a limb, but it sounds plausible.

QB is the most important position on the field, and we have crap at that position.

Matt Stafford will be considered a better prospect going into next year's draft than Matt Ryan was in the last draft.

He plays on a Georgia team that has a bad O-Line, and receivers that can't get separation.

He makes throws into tight windows, moves well in and out of the pocket, has the measurables that you want, and is a leader.

He almost singlehandedly is responsible for Georgia's top ten ranking.

If we have a shot at him, you don't pass on him.

i think we absoulutly have to take a qb first pick we would be dumb not to look what matt ryan is doing and joe flacco i would like to see qb,de,og,wr,lb,og,k i take a guard in the second if there is any worth taking that high or right tackle definantly need a fresh lb imo well lets just say we need alot definantly the oline and qb position need some serious attention

Take care of the offensive line first, THEN draft a quarterback.

I was going to explain this further, but as I was typing this, Brodie Croyle got hurt AGAIN.. there's your reason. No quarterback's going to succeed in the NFL without an offensive line.

Edit: Croyle, on the other hand, is THE most injury prone player I've ever seen and it's time to cut our losses with him. So.. one more season with Huard, get the line, draft a QB, release Croyle. In that order.
    Last edited by PawnshopMarimba; 10-19-2008 at 01:47 PM.

we will draft o-line, runningback, Wr, and linebackers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast