Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team MVP injured?

Default Team MVP injured?

Chiefs add a punter, look at QBs
    October 21, 2008 6:14 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Chiefs were busy Tuesday.
    In addition to signing, kicker Connor Barth and cutting kicker Nick Novak, the 1-5 Chiefs did some other personnel moves.

They claimed punter Steve Weatherford. He was waived by New Orleans. Punter Dustin Colquitt has been dealing with nagging injuries lately. The team put quarterback Brodie Croyle on the injured reserve. He suffered a season-ending knee injury Sunday in a 34-10 loss to Tennessee.

The Chiefs also worked out quarterbacks Bruce Gradkowski and Quinn Gray. The team is looking to adding a quarterback in light of Croyle's injury.

------------------------------------------------

He doesn't mention Culpepper but this is the first I've hear of us working-out Quinn Gray and definitely the first I've heard about us adding a punter or Colquitt being hurt.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    not good for us
    Agreed (and this is sad to say), because Dustin was one of the few bright spots for the team this year. We'll see how his temporary replacement does this week.

Of course, Favre doesn't have a good record against the Chiefs, and there's always that possibility something weird will happen.

I didn't think we'd have a chance against Denver, so who knows?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    well if you had to punt 50 times a game you'd be hurt too. His leg's about to fall off.
    I agree, look what happened to LJ after Herm ran him over 400+ times in a season! Herm is the killer of anything good on a team!

Unless its a pick of his own! Look how hes babied Tank and Turk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12