Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: colt mccoy is staying in college

Default colt mccoy is staying in college

scratch him off the list of possible qbs for kc in 2009 kind of sucks he would have been a later pick and is already being compared to romo

Vince Young said the same thing before they won the title in January of 2006. I'll believe these comments when they happen closer to the draft. If people get in his ear and start telling him that he'll be the #1 pick or a top 5 pick and could make all that money, it's going to be difficult for him to say no.

All I'm saying is wait until january or february to take it to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Vince Young said the same thing before they won the title in January of 2006. I'll believe these comments when they happen closer to the draft. If people get in his ear and start telling him that he'll be the #1 pick or a top 5 pick and could make all that money, it's going to be difficult for him to say no.

All I'm saying is wait until january or february to take it to the bank.
    i think it is probably win win for you right do you watch him every weekend what do you think could he make it in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i think it is probably win win for you right do you watch him every weekend what do you think could he make it in the nfl
    I thought he was really good his freshman year. He set college passing records for freshmen. But, i thought he was too small. It showed last year when he got hurt. He added 15 lbs. this season and now he's a freakin stud. He's a better runner and decision maker and a more accurate passer than Vince Young who was the 7th pick overall.

Without a doubt, he'd be the best QB to come out this year if he decided to do so... and that's even considering the likelihood that Bradford and Tebow will probably come out early as well.

McCoy is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I thought he was really good his freshman year. He set college passing records for freshmen. But, i thought he was too small. It showed last year when he got hurt. He added 15 lbs. this season and now he's a freakin stud. He's a better runner and decision maker and a more accurate passer than Vince Young who was the 7th pick overall.

Without a doubt, he'd be the best QB to come out this year if he decided to do so... and that's even considering the likelihood that Bradford and Tebow will probably come out early as well.

McCoy is the real deal.
    I think Tebow is gonna be a bust, I just don't like how his style of QBing will translate to the NFL. People always talk about Bradford, and yes he is extremely accurate, but I think he's slightly overrated. Still gonna be a good NFL QB, though.

Stafford is the guy I'm highest on. He plays behind a HORRIBLE O-line in Georgia and still finds ways to make plays. He has a cannon for an arm and makes decent decisions. McCoy would be my next pick, but I heard him say that he'd go back to college a few weeks ago, so I wrote him off.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think Tebow is gonna be a bust, I just don't like how his style of QBing will translate to the NFL. People always talk about Bradford, and yes he is extremely accurate, but I think he's slightly overrated. Still gonna be a good NFL QB, though.

Stafford is the guy I'm highest on. He plays behind a HORRIBLE O-line in Georgia and still finds ways to make plays. He has a cannon for an arm and makes decent decisions. McCoy would be my next pick, but I heard him say that he'd go back to college a few weeks ago, so I wrote him off.
    i agree with the tebow comment he reminds me of alex smith same coach same system i will be bummed if that is who we end up with i disagree with the bradford comment mel kiper stated that he has bradford way ahead of matt ryan as far as translation to the nfl and ryan has been descent but mell is not always right i do like stafford as well

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    scratch him off the list of possible qbs for kc in 2009 kind of sucks he would have been a later pick and is already being compared to romo
    Staying in College you say?

Good for Texas, GREAT for Kansas City.

McCoy, Bradford, and Daniel = NO GO.

No more toothpicks with great arms; been there, done that.

I hate preaching to the choir, but every time I see someone give the nod to Stafford, I have to come in and second the motion.
    I also like him because he's got a couple of really sneaky, shifty, serpent-like receivers who at times require a split-second "threading adjustment" to properly deliver the ball; and he does.
    Stafford's improvisation and adaptation skills are top-tier all the way.

Dude, look what I found:

Born: Feb. 7, 1988; Major: Speech Communication

I know that's an intangible but damnit; something about that says "will be applicable and useful when leading a team". I like it.

I was watching some film and interviews with Stafford, and I got my first look at the guy without his helmet on. My initial thought was "he looks like Elway".
    Then I noticed the number( duh ), and finally in an interview when asked who his favorite QB was...well, you know the rest.
    The interview was pre-recruitment, so I'm sure he's dropped the "baby fat" and put on some muscle since then( it's a relevant concern ).

The kid's stock is growing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast