Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

And, just for clarity, I am the one who says that poor protection will get you poor QB play from just about any QB.
    Does this mean that good protection will get you good QB play from just about any QB? Not necessarily. A good QB needs many other credentials besides a functional OL to be successful. Some of these intangibles might include the ability to lead, to command respect from your teammates, to command respect from your opponent, to know and take advantage of your teams strengths and your opponents weaknesses. Must possess the ability to make sound decisions in a split second. Must instill confidence in your teammates.
    And on and on.
    And I have yet to mention any physical skills needed such as accurately throwing or scrambling.
    Hell, I think George Patton or Norman Schwartzkoff would had both been great QB's in the NFL, and I've never seen either one throw or run.
    Its the way they led men in battle that set them apart. Their men wanted to fight - and win.
    Leadership is the key, and we have zero at the moment.
    Find our field general first, then bring in the infantry!
    (Sorry to butt in on your debate.)
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And, just for clarity, I am the one who says that poor protection will get you poor QB play from just about any QB.
    Does this mean that good protection will get you good QB play from just about any QB?

No. But it improves the chances greatly.

Not necessarily. A good QB needs many other credentials besides a functional OL to be successful. Some of these intangibles might include the ability to lead, to command respect from your teammates, to command respect from your opponent, to know and take advantage of your teams strengths and your opponents weaknesses. Must possess the ability to make sound decisions in a split second. Must instill confidence in your teammates.

And on and on.
    And I have yet to mention any physical skills needed such as accurately throwing or scrambling.
    Hell, I think George Patton or Norman Schwartzkoff would had both been great QB's in the NFL, and I've never seen either one throw or run.
    Its the way they led men in battle that set them apart. Their men wanted to fight - and win.
    Leadership is the key, and we have zero at the moment.
    Find our field general first, then bring in the infantry!
    (Sorry to butt in on your debate.)
    Without an army, that General gets killed pretty quickly by the other army. How long would Patton have survived without an army?

And a decent QB with a great o-line becomes a General in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Without an army, that General gets killed pretty quickly by the other army. How long would Patton have survived without an army?

And a decent QB with a great o-line becomes a General in a hurry.
    Theres no doubt you need both. I'm just saying find a qb that can lead - that the rest of the offense will fight for, should be first priority for this team.
    SHUT IT

If you are going to use the Donkos game as the 'end-all, be-all' for measuring our team, then Damon Huard is awesome! And that LJ guy kicks *** too! Not to mention, we have a dominant o-line!
    Damon was good a few years ago. LJ is a punk.

But man................

I'm gettin a lil sick of the gloom and doom, end all be all....

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

about the oline.

Fact is,

we all know curl peckerson and germ headwards are the mad scientists that have conceived this mutation and it actually is beginning to consume us all.....

Chins up, guys!

RALLY

once this abortion is finished and we have management and coaching....

yea, thats about it.... management and coaching.... once we get that...

Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

But man................

about the oline.

Me too. I'd like to see the situation change this off-season. (You blocked my color response!)

Fact is,

we all know curl peckerson and germ headwards are the mad scientists that have conceived this mutation and it actually is beginning to consume us all.....

Chins up, guys!

RALLY

I am a Cubs fan. That makes me a professional at rooting for a loser.

All you have to do is rant & rave, fling your arms about wildly, stomp and cuss, rant & rave some more... Then rinse & repeat. After a dozen years, you'll have it down.

Here's to hoping that we change things very soon.

I am a Cubs fan. That makes me a professional at rooting for a loser.

All you have to do is rant & rave, fling your arms about wildly, stomp and cuss, rant & rave some more... Then rinse & repeat. After a dozen years, you'll have it down.

Here's to hoping that we change things very soon.
    Cubs aren't as big of loser as the team we have in KC! They just haven't been to a WS in over half a century and haven't won one for exactly a century!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

But man................

about the oline.

Fact is,

Chins up, guys!

RALLY

Clark take heed!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Cubs aren't as big of loser as the team we have in KC! They just haven't been to a WS in over half a century and haven't won one for exactly a century!
    And they had the 85 Bears! Mcmahon, Fridge, Singletary. What an intense backer that guy was.
    Hard to believe its been over 20 years...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And they had the 85 Bears! Mcmahon, Fridge, Singletary. What an intense backer that guy was.
    Hard to believe its been over 20 years...
    The Bears blow! But Michael Jordan was the baddest mutha I have ever seen in any sport!

The Bears blow! But Michael Jordan was the baddest mutha I have ever seen in any sport!
    The bears blew alright - right past the pats by over 30 points in the superbowl!!
    Can't argue about Michael though...
    SHUT IT

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast