Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Gray might be a pretty good QB. But we aren't going to know, because everyone will be crowning him as the 'Glass Vigina' soon enough.
    I believe that has only been said about one QB and he happens to be the one QB on the team that has been injured since high school. But maybe that is because we have a bad O line, and he did in college too...oh and in high school. Or maybe he just has a glass vagina.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If you can be excited in a thunderstorm, then that's cool. But I will be here to remind everyone that it is still raining.
    Thank god. There aren't enough people saying we suck!! In fact, I may have even forgotten it a bit over the past couple of days and I am excited about watching the Chiefs on Sunday. A little time away from this place is nice. BTW...Thunderstorms suck but the odd lightning strike is pretty cool to watch. We will win more games this season.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...who'd you pick up to fill our 3rd QB position?

There is really nobody to pick up.Quinn Grey is not a answer.If it came down to it then Culpepper would've been the only option at 3rd but we don't really even need him as well.Herm should've drafted Colt Brennan because our current situation as of now would've been solved while having him with us.Keep our 3 guys and let's just hope Damon's thumb gets healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Herm should've drafted Colt Brennan because our current situation as of now would've been solved while having him with us.Keep our 3 guys and let's just hope Damon's thumb gets healthy.
    Hawaii is my college football team, and I watched a ton of Colt Brennan in college. While I loved watching him throw to a corp of Bob Marley lookalikes, he'd be a terrible fit, especially right now. The guy has an even smaller build than Croyle, and had the benefit of a great o-line in college.

I think he could amount to a decent pro QB, but I doubt he'll ever be close to a pro bowler. Gray should at least be able to take a few hits without having to be taken to the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Hawaii is my college football team, and I watched a ton of Colt Brennan in college. While I loved watching him throw to a corp of Bob Marley lookalikes, he'd be a terrible fit, especially right now. The guy has an even smaller build than Croyle, and had the benefit of a great o-line in college.

I think he could amount to a decent pro QB, but I doubt he'll ever be close to a pro bowler. Gray should at least be able to take a few hits without having to be taken to the locker room.

Colt Brennan's size phrame is in the near exact of Brodie Croyle's so that would'nt be a problem.He is a player that can improve into a Pro Bowl player and would've been a superb fit in KC.

Colt Brennan's size phrame is in the near exact of Brodie Croyle's so that would'nt be a problem.
    That is exactly why he would be a horrible fit right now. Our QBs are getting smashed left and right. A 200 lb QB hardly helps matters. I would agree that we should have drafted a quarterback, that was just terrible planning on the part of management. It was a good draft for the most part, with a few serious question marks: Morgan/Franklin/Robinson over linemen/QBs in particular..

Thigpen is terrible, but if nothing else he's big enough and elusive enough to avoid getting murdered in the pocket.
    Last edited by yashi; 10-22-2008 at 11:17 AM.

There is really nobody to pick up.Quinn Grey is not a answer.If it came down to it then Culpepper would've been the only option at 3rd but we don't really even need him as well.Herm should've drafted Colt Brennan because our current situation as of now would've been solved while having him with us.Keep our 3 guys and let's just hope Damon's thumb gets healthy.
    That doesnt answer the question tho. Colt Brennan isnt available to pick up now. So again, what unsigned QB out there would you have picked up to fulfill our 3rd position?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...sounded like you arent much for this move...I could be wrong.

...I for one think it is a good move. We need a QB. We didnt waste a draft pick on one. He is not going to have a budget breaking price tag on him....And now we have a QB who can throw it beyond 5 yards...excited...why not?
    ...ya he is going to get sacked behind this line. But at 275lbs....I wouldnt classify him as a 'glass vigina.'
    I am not against picking up Gray. But I don't see it as anything ,ore than picking up any other cast-ffs from any other team.

And he could 375 lbs, and still get his world rocked, by a blind-side hit from an average DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I believe that has only been said about one QB and he happens to be the one QB on the team that has been injured since high school. But maybe that is because we have a bad O line, and he did in college too...oh and in high school. Or maybe he just has a glass vagina.
    But every QB that we have played since Herms arrival has been hurt. What makes them less of a glass vagina?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thank god. There aren't enough people saying we suck!! In fact, I may have even forgotten it a bit over the past couple of days and I am excited about watching the Chiefs on Sunday. A little time away from this place is nice. BTW...Thunderstorms suck but the odd lightning strike is pretty cool to watch. We will win more games this season.
    If you don't want to read what I have to say, then why do you? I know that you don't expect me to be all excited about Quinn Gray. Do you?

Admit it. You love to agonize over my negativity, don't you?

Quinn Gray is better than all the other QB's on our roster, combined.

His chances of success with this team is minimal but we may at least get some first downs.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Quinn Gray is better than all the other QB's on our roster, combined.

His chances of success with this team is minimal but we may at least get some first downs.
    Exactly. Thank you.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast