Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

Looks like Culpepper is coming in to Arrowhead tomorrow for a meeting. Is this a good idea or not?

I personally think it is a bad idea. Edwards cannot coach this team to a win anyway, so it doesn't matter who is behind center. I am no longer worried about the play on the field as bad as it is. This is now a one man crusade against the worse coach in football at any level!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Looks like Culpepper is coming in to Arrowhead tomorrow for a meeting. Is this a good idea or not?

I personally think it is a bad idea. Edwards cannot coach this team to a win anyway, so it doesn't matter who is behind center. I am no longer worried about the play on the field as bad as it is. This is now a one man crusade against the worse coach in football at any level!!!
    i say leave cullpepper at home he is a #### i wonder if he was watching thigpens performance today and getting nervous

Hopefully Thigpens performance today can cast some doubt on Culpecker.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    i like that culpecker now thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i say leave cullpepper at home he is a #### i wonder if he was watching thigpens performance today and getting nervous
    Well, we have to have three active, don't we? And if that's the case, let him come on down and duke it out with Gray.
    Or just ditch Ingle. Yep; ditch Ingle.

I say we sign him and keep all QB's we have, just because with Herm coaching, we may need them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I say we sign him and keep all QB's we have, just because with Herm coaching, we may need them yet.
    Herm"The Stretcher"Edwards: Opponent's Best Friend.

No wonder he and Carl love each other so much; they ARE the Opponent's Best Friend!

And Al Davis Operatives.

With the exception of about five linemen, and a refusal to put the play makers on the field in favor of whatever reason keeps Page, Surtain, and Edwards in squad 1, there's no reason we can't win some games.

Williams was out there today( thank god ), but you gotta' have Morgan in there too because he and Williams together are better at stopping the run, and they tend to elevate the game of DJ and Pollard.
    We got some weapons; we just need to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Again...Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    For this team, and O-line.. I would give Thig an A
    OMG that O-line did an amazing job of protecting him too. I was stunned! But still a terrific game from THigpen, who had all but bee cast aside to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yup.

Again...Yup.

OMG that O-line did an amazing job of protecting him too. I was stunned! But still a terrific game from THigpen, who had all but bee cast aside to this point.
    Who are you, and what have you done to my sparring partner?

I've already put it out there on another post, but I'll ask you too:

Did we make any personnel adjustments up front, or do the Jets have a D-line and pass rush as "outstanding" as our own?
    Was the kid tested, or was this another "Denver"?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Who are you, and what have you done to my sparring partner?

I've already put it out there on another post, but I'll ask you too:

Did we make any personnel adjustments up front, or do the Jets have a D-line and pass rush as "outstanding" as our own?
    Was the kid tested, or was this another "Denver"?
    This is the first game that I have been able to watch live, and I have yet to go back and review it, but I know that I liked what I saw today.

That said, that is only two games, out of seven.

But, I am not going to give all of the credit for Thigpens game to the o-line. They just did what they are supposed to do, and Thigpen showed what he can do with some consistent protection.

If we can get another game or two with that kind of protection, I would be willing to start evaluating Thigpen. Lol.

I simmply refuse to evaluate a QB with the cluster-f*** that has been our protection this season. (Denver and Jets games aside.)

Also, the first Flowers INT was really a 'gimmee', but that pick-6 was all him. He was able to knock the Wr off his route, and place himself where Favre expected that WR to be. Very big play.

Also like to point out that Tamba Hali had a huge game returning to the LDE spot. Both of Favres first two INTs were caused by Hali getting a hand on Favres throwing arm. And he also got a sack aside from those.

I know we lost the game, and it might not have been so close if The Jets had come out running the ball, as they should have, but I really liked what I was seeing in certain areas.

And it has been awhile since I was able to say that. (I kept my hopes in check with The Donkos game.)