Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quinn Gray

Default Quinn Gray

I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.

Last spring, I suggested the Chiefs sign this guy to replace Huard as the primary backup because of the system the Chiefs were putting in place for a scrambling QB. This is DEFINITELY a step forward at the QB spot. Neither Huard nor Thigpen are the answers for the rest of the season. At least the front office acknowledges this.

I'm excited to see him in a couple weeks.

Quinn Gray
    (6-3, 254) played in 11 games with four starts in three seasons with Jacksonville (2003-07). He completed 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards with 12 TDs and five INTs for an 88.5 rating in addition to rushing 24 times for 84 yards (3.5 avg.) with two TDs. In his lone appearance at Kansas City (12/31/06), Gray connected on 13 of 22 throws for 166 yards and rushed two times for 26 yards with a pair of touchdowns in a relief role for the Jaguars. The Ft. Lauderdale, Florida native originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Jacksonville in 2002. Gray attended training camp with Indianapolis in 2008, but was released prior to the regular season.

The Florida A&M product played in 39 games for the Rattlers, finishing his collegiate career with 7,368 passing yards and 57 TDs. Gray earned all-district and all-region as a senior at Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm excited about seeing Gray play.
    WORD!

i am exited he is definantly worth a look. qb of the future no. get us back to respectability even if we dont win a bunch of games yes

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    DING-DING-DING-DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

I love the way we traded Gannon away so that Oakland could go the to the playoffs three times; could Carl possibly get any more cuddly???
    Dammit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    ADDENDUM:
    YEP; HAVING A GREAT QUARTERBACK IS NOT IMPORTANT.
    A GREAT O-LINE AND A JOURNEYMAN PUD-CRANKER IS JUUUUUUST FINE!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Just let it all out!!!!,
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Dammit!!

Just let it all out!!!!,
    I agree.
    Thank you!

If that trade didn't "spell it out" to every Chiefs fan alive, nothing ever will.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole 'Peterson minus Marty' era has been one big Lap Dance; p*ssing away good money to get turned on, but never really getting any action.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.

Last spring, I suggested the Chiefs sign this guy to replace Huard as the primary backup because of the system the Chiefs were putting in place for a scrambling QB. This is DEFINITELY a step forward at the QB spot. Neither Huard nor Thigpen are the answers for the rest of the season. At least the front office acknowledges this.

I'm excited to see him in a couple weeks.

Quinn Gray
    (6-3, 254) played in 11 games with four starts in three seasons with Jacksonville (2003-07). He completed 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards with 12 TDs and five INTs for an 88.5 rating in addition to rushing 24 times for 84 yards (3.5 avg.) with two TDs. In his lone appearance at Kansas City (12/31/06), Gray connected on 13 of 22 throws for 166 yards and rushed two times for 26 yards with a pair of touchdowns in a relief role for the Jaguars. The Ft. Lauderdale, Florida native originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Jacksonville in 2002. Gray attended training camp with Indianapolis in 2008, but was released prior to the regular season.

The Florida A&M product played in 39 games for the Rattlers, finishing his collegiate career with 7,368 passing yards and 57 TDs. Gray earned all-district and all-region as a senior at Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
    You know what I remember about J-Ville?
    Mark Brunell. That guy was ALWAYS a thorn in our sides when we had a really great and well-balanced team. The guy was a One Man Show. I'd love to have a QB like that leading these young guys...

I like this pick up. He was probably cheap, and I'm sure we didn't sign him to any kind of long term deal. He's showed potential, and hey... what do we have to lose at this point?

On the other hand, I'm glad we're going to get to see Thigpen again. He has been DROP DEAD AWFUL, but I can NOT shake the potential-factor with him. He shows moments of brilliance, and he FINALLY made a money pass to Bowe Sunday. His decision making was markedly improved; he remembered that he had a set of legs, and that that was a better option than trying to throw to a receiver wedged securely in triple coverage.

I think Thigpen could shine a little brighter if the coaching staff tailored the playbook for him a little better. Tyler's short for a quarterback, and I imagine a part of the problem is that he has a hard time seeing over the offensive line (I've been there.)

Roll the kid outside of the pocket. The offensive line is terrible anyway, at least he would have a running start when MacIntosh & Friends wave the d-line right on through.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    I like this pick up. He was probably cheap, and I'm sure we didn't sign him to any kind of long term deal. He's showed potential, and hey... what do we have to lose at this point?

On the other hand, I'm glad we're going to get to see Thigpen again. He has been DROP DEAD AWFUL, but I can NOT shake the potential-factor with him. He shows moments of brilliance, and he FINALLY made a money pass to Bowe Sunday. His decision making was markedly improved; he remembered that he had a set of legs, and that that was a better option than trying to throw to a receiver wedged securely in triple coverage.

I think Thigpen could shine a little brighter if the coaching staff tailored the playbook for him a little better. Tyler's short for a quarterback, and I imagine a part of the problem is that he has a hard time seeing over the offensive line (I've been there.)

Roll the kid outside of the pocket. The offensive line is terrible anyway, at least he would have a running start when MacIntosh & Friends wave the d-line right on through.
    Mmm...Reasoned, insightful, and strategic post; Rep Added!

Come on through, dump that load right over there will ya?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I cant say anything about the guy we picked up but im looking forward to seeing Thigpen to get the reps with the starting unit. I also know that after the new guy gets familiar with the playbook he will move into the #2 position if not them giving him a start. It will be interesting for the rest of the year! WOOHOO! Thanks for a enteresting year Herm and CP! makes me want to spend my hundreds to by 2 tickets and the beer at Arrowhead! (Although I have to work every Sunday but I think you get my point!)

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I cant say anything about the guy we picked up but im looking forward to seeing Thigpen to get the reps with the starting unit. I also know that after the new guy gets familiar with the playbook he will move into the #2 position if not them giving him a start. It will be interesting for the rest of the year! WOOHOO! Thanks for a enteresting year Herm and CP! makes me want to spend my hundreds to by 2 tickets and the beer at Arrowhead! (Although I have to work every Sunday but I think you get my point!)
    Doesn't this belong in the sarcasm thread?
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast