Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quinn Gray

Default Quinn Gray

I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.

Last spring, I suggested the Chiefs sign this guy to replace Huard as the primary backup because of the system the Chiefs were putting in place for a scrambling QB. This is DEFINITELY a step forward at the QB spot. Neither Huard nor Thigpen are the answers for the rest of the season. At least the front office acknowledges this.

I'm excited to see him in a couple weeks.

Quinn Gray
    (6-3, 254) played in 11 games with four starts in three seasons with Jacksonville (2003-07). He completed 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards with 12 TDs and five INTs for an 88.5 rating in addition to rushing 24 times for 84 yards (3.5 avg.) with two TDs. In his lone appearance at Kansas City (12/31/06), Gray connected on 13 of 22 throws for 166 yards and rushed two times for 26 yards with a pair of touchdowns in a relief role for the Jaguars. The Ft. Lauderdale, Florida native originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Jacksonville in 2002. Gray attended training camp with Indianapolis in 2008, but was released prior to the regular season.

The Florida A&M product played in 39 games for the Rattlers, finishing his collegiate career with 7,368 passing yards and 57 TDs. Gray earned all-district and all-region as a senior at Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm amazed I'm saying this, but I'm excited to see him play.
    Yup. Im looking forward to watching him play too. Not expecting him to turn our season around...but he should be able to get our wr's the ball more.

I'm sure Grey will move past Ingle after 1st week and past Thig after 2nd week...We shall see!!
    SHUT IT

I like the signing but I have strong concerns for why he was not on a team already.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    If we had Huard somewhat healthy I would agree with you . The fact that we were down to two QB's and one of which is not NFL ready ( Herms words ) demands we at least get another QB. And for the Money we spent ( which I'm pretty sure was a bargain ) . It was well worth getting Gray ! Culpepper had too many demands and is outa shape right now,also had a pretty serious Knee injury. The other Guy I know nothing about , so I wont comment. Gray is a great pickup for us ! Better than another Ingler Martin .
    Sorry, i think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am mainly responding to those who say we should use a first round pick to grab a QB. I just don't think we can afford to do that with Herm Edwards at the wheel.

Unless he and Carl go out this offseason and revamp our offensiveline, any QB we put back there is in serious bodily danger. Getting a first round QB is an expensive expirement with these guys at the helm and I for one would rather not try that again.

Let's go ahead and get Gray, let him run out the rest of the season, bring Printers back to in my opinion, and see what these guys can do.

Don't know much about the guy. I did watch a colts preseason game and this guy looked pretty sub par honestly. I think that we have every reason to be concerned that he was still in free agency. Especially with all the QB injuries and starter changes that have happened.

I completely agree with the revamp the o line theory. then worry about who will throw the ball.

Default n

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.
    Finally some common ground. I thought when he stepped in for Jacksonville a couple of years ago that he did a superb job. He's a big quarterback that has some mobility and I hope he works out. Front office may get one right.

I think out of all the options it was a good pick up... Hopefully he is hungry and wants to land on his feet permanately somewhere... Kansas City, right now, is a perfect opportunity for a QB to come in and steal a job
    and turn this franchise around...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I like the signing but I have strong concerns for why he was not on a team already.
    Because he sucks.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Finally some common ground. I thought when he stepped in for Jacksonville a couple of years ago that he did a superb job. He's a big quarterback that has some mobility and I hope he works out. Front office may get one right.
    I just would like a QB, thats starts and plays to the end of the game! That in itself will be a accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Because he sucks.
    Gray isn't that bad of a QB, in terms of poise, durability, and arm strength. He just lacks anything resembling accuracy and field vision. He'll be throwing INTs like they're going out of style.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast