Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quinn Gray

Default Quinn Gray

I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.

Last spring, I suggested the Chiefs sign this guy to replace Huard as the primary backup because of the system the Chiefs were putting in place for a scrambling QB. This is DEFINITELY a step forward at the QB spot. Neither Huard nor Thigpen are the answers for the rest of the season. At least the front office acknowledges this.

I'm excited to see him in a couple weeks.

Quinn Gray
    (6-3, 254) played in 11 games with four starts in three seasons with Jacksonville (2003-07). He completed 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards with 12 TDs and five INTs for an 88.5 rating in addition to rushing 24 times for 84 yards (3.5 avg.) with two TDs. In his lone appearance at Kansas City (12/31/06), Gray connected on 13 of 22 throws for 166 yards and rushed two times for 26 yards with a pair of touchdowns in a relief role for the Jaguars. The Ft. Lauderdale, Florida native originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Jacksonville in 2002. Gray attended training camp with Indianapolis in 2008, but was released prior to the regular season.

The Florida A&M product played in 39 games for the Rattlers, finishing his collegiate career with 7,368 passing yards and 57 TDs. Gray earned all-district and all-region as a senior at Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Because he sucks.
    so did Grbac and he was our franchise starter. So I guess you love this signing.

Elvis won plenty of games for us and led us to the playoffs.Gray sucks more.I'd rather grab Elvis out of retirement rather than deal with players such as suck Gray,Thigpen and.......Ingle Martin.Huh?
    GRRRRRRRRR

Elvis won plenty of games for us and led us to the playoffs.Gray sucks more.I'd rather grab Elvis out of retirement rather than deal with players such as suck Gray,Thigpen and.......Ingle Martin.Huh?
    Correction, Gannon lead us to the playoffs. Grbac lost the play offs.

Can you imagine how horrible Grbac would look behind this line, yet alone how bad he looked behind a great one. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Can you imagine how horrible Grbac would look behind this line, yet alone how bad he looked behind a great one. Yikes.

It's not like Grbac was considered as my only FAVorite player.I didn't recognize that we can list numerous names of favorite players.A true fact is that I wouldn't remove Grbac from the list of FAV and replace him for Rich Gannon because I didn't really like Gannon until he signed with the Raiders.
    GRRRRRRRRR

It's not like Grbac was considered as my only FAVorite player.I didn't recognize that we can list numerous names of favorite players.A true fact is that I wouldn't remove Grbac from the list of FAV and replace him for Rich Gannon because I didn't really like Gannon until he signed with the Raiders.
    Your screen names kind of says different or should we start calling you Chief's QB Fan except for our third stringer Gray.

The whole purpose of signing him, and Ingel was to get through this season. I don't think anyone sees a future for these guys on this team next year.

I think Gray is a good 2nd stringer if we had a clear starter. The guy has been successful as a quarterback at the NFL level, what more can you ask for? How many backups have a 12-5 TD:INT ratio? Obviously there's a reason he wasn't on a team, but it's pretty dumb to say he flat out sucks before we see what he's got.

I'm actually excited to see the guy play. I mean I'm not really interested in winning a bunch of games and missing out on a potential franchise QB in the draft, but if this guy can turn out to be a pleasant surprise like David Garrard was for the Jags, then who knows? Keep in mind whoever we draft should sit for at least a season or two to develop, so we really do need a capable quarterback in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

DING-DING-DING-DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

I love the way we traded Gannon away so that Oakland could go the to the playoffs three times; could Carl possibly get any more cuddly???

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think Gray is a good 2nd stringer if we had a clear starter. The guy has been successful as a quarterback at the NFL level, what more can you ask for? How many backups have a 12-5 TD:INT ratio? Obviously there's a reason he wasn't on a team, but it's pretty dumb to say he flat out sucks before we see what he's got.

I'm actually excited to see the guy play. I mean I'm not really interested in winning a bunch of games and missing out on a potential franchise QB in the draft, but if this guy can turn out to be a pleasant surprise like David Garrard was for the Jags, then who knows? Keep in mind whoever we draft should sit for at least a season or two to develop, so we really do need a capable quarterback in the meantime.

Who on here except you is excited about seeing Gray play?Go Away.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    DING-DING-DING-DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

I love the way we traded Gannon away so that Oakland could go the to the playoffs three times; could Carl possibly get any more cuddly???
    ADDENDUM:
    YEP; HAVING A GREAT QUARTERBACK IS NOT IMPORTANT.
    A GREAT O-LINE AND A JOURNEYMAN PUD-CRANKER IS JUUUUUUST FINE!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who on here except you is excited about seeing Gray play?Go Away.
    I'm excited about seeing Gray play.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast