I honestly think he's the best we've got and I'd take him over Gray anytime of the day. Something tells me that Herm does not like having Huard starting for the team and it's not for the "rebuild" movement. Remember 06 when Huard led after Green got hit?
Huard was the 2ed best QB in the league in terms of rating, but once Green came, Germ couldn't wait and benched Huard!!

Chiefs QB Huard out for season

By Sports Network

The Sports Network

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard was placed on the injured reserve list Wednesday after hurting his right thumb in Sunday's 34-10 loss to the Titans.
The 35-year-old Huard left in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game after his hand struck a helmet while following through on a pass, and he did not return. He had his hand wrapped on the sideline, while Tyler Thigpen came on to lead the Kansas City offense.
According to a report in the Kansas City Star, Thigpen will start Sunday's game against the Jets, and Ingle Martin will serve as the team's backup. The team also added Quinn Gray on Wednesday, and he will be the Chiefs' third quarterback.
The Chiefs are struggling to maintain their signal callers as Brodie Croyle, Kansas City's starter for the season opener, is also on the team's injured reserve list.
Huard appeared in five games this season, throwing for two touchdowns and four interceptions while completing 61.7 percent of his passes. His led Kansas City to its only win of the season, a 33-19 defeat of the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos.