Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

Question What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

I'm in Az and only here the occasional ESPN crap about the Chiefs. Any word out there on if or when Carl is going to do the right thing and resign LJ?

For those of you who don't want him.....What's or who is your alternative??? Right, there's not one!! The only thing that hurts LJ is the fact that just like the last 10 years, they won't draft any fricken recievers!!!!!! How about picking one up in free agency??? That would take some pressure off of the RB. Everyone just loads up the box because they sure as hell aren't scared of us going deep!! As far as him trying to get to the outside goes, well, that's debatable but some guys are built to go up the middle and some are built to get to the outside. Last time I checked, the all time leading rusher was pretty good up the middle!!!

I'm actually surprised to here people on this site talking about not wanting a top 2 RB on the Chiefs! In my opinion, he's got every right to be upset at not getting an extension! He's gonna make $1.9 million base salary this year!!! Talk about underpaid!!! There's back ups that are going to make more than him! You have to remember that NONE of these contracts are guaranteed. Only the signing bonus is! I don't know that he is worth the 8 year $60 million that LT got( which will be renegotiated before it ever gets to 8 years) but give me a break. This guy is clearly the 2nd best RB in the league! He deserves to get paid like it! Not like some second string scrub. And for those talking about injuries...it's simple, he gets hurt...the only thing the Chiefs are on the hook for is the signing bonus! It's not like the NBA. No play...NO pay!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    For those of you who don't want him.....What's or who is your alternative??? Right, there's not one!! The only thing that hurts LJ is the fact that just like the last 10 years, they won't draft any fricken recievers!!!!!! How about picking one up in free agency??? That would take some pressure off of the RB. Everyone just loads up the box because they sure as hell aren't scared of us going deep!! As far as him trying to get to the outside goes, well, that's debatable but some guys are built to go up the middle and some are built to get to the outside. Last time I checked, the all time leading rusher was pretty good up the middle!!!

I'm actually surprised to here people on this site talking about not wanting a top 2 RB on the Chiefs! In my opinion, he's got every right to be upset at not getting an extension! He's gonna make $1.9 million base salary this year!!! Talk about underpaid!!! There's back ups that are going to make more than him! You have to remember that NONE of these contracts are guaranteed. Only the signing bonus is! I don't know that he is worth the 8 year $60 million that LT got( which will be renegotiated before it ever gets to 8 years) but give me a break. This guy is clearly the 2nd best RB in the league! He deserves to get paid like it! Not like some second string scrub. And for those talking about injuries...it's simple, he gets hurt...the only thing the Chiefs are on the hook for is the signing bonus! It's not like the NBA. No play...NO pay!!
    I have heard rumours (just rumours, i don't know how much truth is involved) that the Cowboys would trade Julius Jones and a 1st and 4th round pick in '08 for LJ. I would happily take that trade if they were to use those picks on the O-line and share the load between Bennett and Jones. I think our running game would be just as productive if not better. I see that you are a big LJ supporter and I don't mind the guy but he is not irreplacable. T.O. puts up good numbers, but I do not want him on the team. If LJ does not improve his attitude then I do not think he is worth the kind of money that is reserved for team leaders. Again I am not saying I don't want him on the team, but I do want what is best for the Chiefs long term, not what is best for LJ long term.

And you think Jones and Bennet are a better choice? You know they wouldn't spend those draft picks on offensive line players! Herm is a defense first coach! And for you to compare T O's attitude to LJ's is comical! I'm not a die hard LJ fan. I also want what is best for the Chiefs but to insinuate that the tandem you mentioned would be better than LJ is absurd! I'm all for the rotating RB but not with that tandem! Especially with our line. Keep your eye on Jones this season. He won't be nearly as productive as he has been the last cuple of years. Their line is bad and it just got worse when they signed Leonard Davis!

So you apparently think the $1.9 that he will recieve this year is sufficient?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

$1.9 isnt enough but hes worth more to trade than what he wants. 1000 yard RB`S are a dime a dozen. combin 1000 yarder and a short yet sometimes long passing game and it`ll work for hermmie nursing home offense.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

A) Without a "big-name" wideout, the Chiefs managed to be the number one offense, in the NFL, for four years. If you think that you have to have a wide reciever lead the team in receptions, then go ahead and get rid of Gonzales. Since you don't want him to catch the ball.

B) Find offensive linemen who can pass-protect, and you have a deep threat, no matter how fast he is. (Eddie Kennison)

C) Larry Johnson averaged 4.2 yards per carry, last season. That doesn't impress me. Yeah, I know, "opposing defenses never bother to cover the Chiefs recievers, because they all have to tackle L.J. and the Chiefs quarterbacks all have seperated throwing shoulders and are unable to throw, past four yards. So, every play that L.J. ran was against eight and nine, in the box." Where do you see something, in his stats, from '06, that indicates something above average?

D) Noone argues that he hasn't earned a pay increase. I doubt Larry will accept anything but, L.T. money, though.

And you think Jones and Bennet are a better choice? You know they wouldn't spend those draft picks on offensive line players! Herm is a defense first coach! And for you to compare T O's attitude to LJ's is comical! I'm not a die hard LJ fan. I also want what is best for the Chiefs but to insinuate that the tandem you mentioned would be better than LJ is absurd! I'm all for the rotating RB but not with that tandem! Especially with our line. Keep your eye on Jones this season. He won't be nearly as productive as he has been the last cuple of years. Their line is bad and it just got worse when they signed Leonard Davis!

You haven't noticed the decline in L.J.s numbers, between the last two seasons? You don't think that the Chiefs' offensive line is declining?

I respond to the "Keep your eyes on....." Statement, with this one.

Keep your eyes on L.J., this season. He won't be nearly as productive, as he has been, the last couple of years.

I said "if" they use those picks on the O'line then yes, I think they could average 4 yards per carry. And LJ right now is looking a lot like a young TO in San Francisco.

Sweets Guest

A young TO???? what about LJ makes him look like TO??? One a WR and one a RB??? The cowboys would end up the better for that kind of deal, Jones isn't that great as the cowboys have learned, pay LJ...NOW

So, you would rather have the #1 offense in the league than have a team that has multiple threats??? Come on bud! Eddie Kennison is your savior? Seriously!

A) I want Gonzales to catch the ball but most of the time he is too busy helping the O line block! Look at his numbers from 2005 to 2006. DOWN!

B) I'm still waiting for an offensive lineman!! Have been for 2 years!

C)Something above avg???? How about 1800 yds and 17 touchdowns!!

Look, you are proving my point. The fact that they have 8 or 9 in the box every fricken play hurts the RB position! Look at all the teams with medeocre RB's and you will find above avg. recievers! ( Decent teams) There's no way in hell you could bring in two avg. RB's to replace LJ with the recievers we have and expect success! WE NEED BALANCE!!!

As far as declining numbers go, if you go by numbers, he had a better year this season than he did last season. I know, I know, more games! But when you start bringin up the whole yds per carry thing.... the number 1 RB in the league averaged 5.3! There were only 6 other RB's in the top 30 that had significantly ( more than .5 better) better averages! And only 2 of them were within 5 TD's of LJ! Don't start bringin up averages and comparing him to other RB's in the league because there aren't many that are even close!

My whole point on this issue is that Peterson isn't even willing to budge on the talks. We all know that he deserves more money! Trust me on this, Peterson is fast becoming the new Bidwill of the NFL. He never wants to pay anyone what they deserve! An extension for one of the best backs in the league that worked his *** off last season for the organization isn't asking too much. If they would both give just a little i think they could resolve this but Peterson doesn't even want to talk!

Sweets Guest

Kennison, isn't he like 100?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast