Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

Question What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

I'm in Az and only here the occasional ESPN crap about the Chiefs. Any word out there on if or when Carl is going to do the right thing and resign LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    So, you would rather have the #1 offense in the league than have a team that has multiple threats??? Come on bud! Eddie Kennison is your savior? Seriously!

A) I want Gonzales to catch the ball but most of the time he is too busy helping the O line block! Look at his numbers from 2005 to 2006. DOWN!

B) I'm still waiting for an offensive lineman!! Have been for 2 years!

C)Something above avg???? How about 1800 yds and 17 touchdowns!!

Look, you are proving my point. The fact that they have 8 or 9 in the box every fricken play hurts the RB position! Look at all the teams with medeocre RB's and you will find above avg. recievers! ( Decent teams) There's no way in hell you could bring in two avg. RB's to replace LJ with the recievers we have and expect success! WE NEED BALANCE!!!

As far as declining numbers go, if you go by numbers, he had a better year this season than he did last season. I know, I know, more games! But when you start bringin up the whole yds per carry thing.... the number 1 RB in the league averaged 5.3! There were only 6 other RB's in the top 30 that had significantly ( more than .5 better) better averages! And only 2 of them were within 5 TD's of LJ! Don't start bringin up averages and comparing him to other RB's in the league because there aren't many that are even close!

My whole point on this issue is that Peterson isn't even willing to budge on the talks. We all know that he deserves more money! Trust me on this, Peterson is fast becoming the new Bidwill of the NFL. He never wants to pay anyone what they deserve! An extension for one of the best backs in the league that worked his *** off last season for the organization isn't asking too much. If they would both give just a little i think they could resolve this but Peterson doesn't even want to talk!
    I am not getting into the "balanced team" argument with anyone again. I agree LJ deserves more than he is getting but not as much as he is asking.

Lj isn't happy about not getting an extension and all of a sudden he gets compared to T.O?????? I;m not sure what your smokin but it has obviously taken affect! Man, I wish some of you guys lived here in Az. You think you have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I am not getting into the "balanced team" argument with anyone again. I agree LJ deserves more than he is getting but not as much as he is asking.
    Not arguing just tryin to spread a little light. Winning teams all have balance!

Doesn't really matter though. the Patriots are going to win the whole deal!

Sweets Guest

Heat, desert, scorpions, spiders....Card fans....??????? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Lj isn't happy about not getting an extension and all of a sudden he gets compared to T.O?????? I;m not sure what your smokin but it has obviously taken affect! Man, I wish some of you guys lived here in Az. You think you have something to complain about.
    He has had some attitude issues, since he came into the league. I think it a stretch, to compare him to T.O., but a liitle exaggeration, often helps, in making a point.

Sweets Guest

Unless LJ is throwing his QB under the bus, don't compare him to T.O.

Heat...Only brutal 3 months out of the year. It's like San Diego the other 9.

Desert...yea but it's beautiful. Not like on TV.

Scorpions... Don't see very often.

Spiders... No more than anywhere else.

Cards fan...I'm tryin! It's gettin easier over the last few years! They may actually be decent this year.

Sweets Guest

As a 49er fan, I HOPE NOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He has had some attitude issues, since he came into the league. I think it a stretch, to compare him to T.O., but a liitle exaggeration, often helps, in making a point.
    Let's face it, when these guys come into the league it's not ALL about the money! Don't get me wrong, they definetly want to get paid and I think they are all OVER paid but some of these guys actually like to play the game! You know how it is, it sucks when you don't get to play! Some handle it better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    As a 49er fan, I HOPE NOT!!!!
    Niners are going to be decent this year as well. I think it will be a good division fight between all 4 teams. Maybe one of the better races to watch!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast