Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

Question What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

I'm in Az and only here the occasional ESPN crap about the Chiefs. Any word out there on if or when Carl is going to do the right thing and resign LJ?

I don't dislike LJ; not in love with the guys attitude, and I think he does deserved more money but what he is asking for is not realistic. IMO.

Welcome aboard Sweets!

Quote Originally Posted by TXChief View Post
    What free agent did you want him to sign?
    Uhhh, how bout ANY!! Here are a few WR's off the top of my head that I can remember being available over the last 2-3 years....i'm sure some are restricted but that doesn't mean you shouldn't even test the waters!

Deion Branch
    Plaxico Burress
    Reggie Wayne
    Javon Walker
    Donte Stallworth
    Keenan McCardell
    Andre Davis
    Ernest Wilford
    Antonio Bryant

I guarantee there are more but these are a few!

So Carl is turning into Bidwill because he hasnt signed a free agent WR? Nobody will ever suck as bad as long as Bidwill, he is the true king of suck. I think you build the core of your team from the draft and you fill holes with free agents. Last year we signed Law, Reed, and R Edwards. This year we signed Harris, Boone and D Edwards. We were in the playoffs last year and he is as bad as Bidwill?

So Carl is turning into Bidwill because he hasnt signed a free agent WR? Nobody will ever suck as bad as long as Bidwill, he is the true king of suck. I think you build the core of your team from the draft and you fill holes with free agents. Last year we signed Law, Reed, and R Edwards. This year we signed Harris, Boone and D Edwards. We were in the playoffs last year and he is as bad as Bidwill?
    Hmmmmm; makes ya wonder just how many responses King Carl would get if he yelled "Edwards!" in the locker room.

While signing Law was an ok signing last season, he got burned a bundle of times but I liked it anyway. Reed and Edwards just replaced back ups that we already had. We could have brought guys up from the practice squad to fill those positions.

This season, Donnie Edwards I like. The other 2, they might be lucky to see the playing field.

I want him to shell out some money for someone who can make an offensive contribution. In the past, we have had such good offenses and it seems like for the last few years, we have been getting away from that. We have done a good job of sureing up our defense and I would like to see some offensive players that will impact things signed.

We have a top 3 RB. A top 2 or 3 TE. Need some help at O line. NO RECEIVERS! And even though Huard a (journeyman) did a pretty good job last season, we are turning the ball over to him or a rookie???? There were several QB's that changed teams this year( not sure if many of the free agents were worth while) but maybe a few and there were several that got traded. I don't think we even looked!

I do agree that you build your team through the draft and fill holes with free agents, but with the exception of 2 out of the 6 you mentioned, they are scrubs. Not to mention the didn't cost anything. No guaranteed contracts here!

Not only is Bidwill the king of suck, he is the king of signing old worn down veterans that are on there last leg and scrubs who will never see the field( that's where the comparison comes in to play). The last couple of years he has ponied up a little and the prospects of this team turning it around are a little brighter but it's been a looooooooooooooooong time since there's been any hope in the state of AZ. as far as football has been concerned!!!!

And seriously, don't even talk about how we backed into the playoffs last season! I was almost embarrassed by that. Then, I was definitely embarrassed by the playoff performance!!!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 07-14-2007 at 11:12 AM.

It will take more than one freeagent. We need some linemen to help our offence. I know a big time WR would help our o-line, but aleast we have some youth at WR.
    Dont you think Harris is an upgrade at MLB?
    Id rather back into the playoffs than not be in the playoffs. I got to watch the Chiefs play one more half game of football. By half time I was so drunk i couldnt see the tv. I guess drinking them pretty only works on women.

It will take more than one freeagent. We need some linemen to help our offence. I know a big time WR would help our o-line, but aleast we have some youth at WR.
    Id rather back into the playoffs than not be in the playoffs. I got to watch the Chiefs play one more half game of football. By half time I was so drunk i couldnt see the tv. I guess drinking them pretty only works on women.
    Yea, tough to drink that debacle pretty! I think Harris is an ok addition I guess. He's just another one of those players that doesn't do a bunch except occupy that position. He's probably been in the league 5,6,7 years and only has a handfull of sacks, not many forced fumbles, very few int's and probably has averaged 35-40 tackles. Just kinda there ya know.

I hope your right about the Youth at receiver.

I read ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like we as Chiefs fans may need to be looking at Green Bay. We can pick a couple of players off that team and a first round pick. . . so, who do we want? I say this because the rumors out of GB is that they've been keeping a close eye on the negotiations. The Packers also have a lot of cap room to lock LJ up.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast