Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who retires/leaves after the season?

Default Who retires/leaves after the season?

I think you will see Brian Waters, Tony G., Donnie Edwards, Patrick Surtain, and Damon Huard retire (or demand a trade) after the season.

Does anyone know who's contracts are up? I know Page's is, and I can't imagine anyone paying him 1/2 of what the Chiefs will overpay to keep a safety who can't tackle or provide coverage.

Is it possible, the with the exceptions of Bowe and Flowers, we'll have no skilled players left worth anything?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Lets hope we can get rid of LJ at end of season. He has turned out to be nothing more than a Terrell Owens. He wasnt happy till he got to a team HE was happy with. Waters retires, if he dosent? I would be surprised. Huard? cut. Edwards? cut. I would be surprised if they brought him back 1 more year. Surtain? cut or MAYBE traded. He might still have value as a slot DB. Other than that I cant think of anyone else atm.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Well, I know a lot of people will be cut. I was more asking who was going to leave voluntarily.
    How can you leave voluntarily if you are under contract? If it was possible I think TG woulda left last year!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Lets hope we can get rid of LJ at end of season. He has turned out to be nothing more than a Terrell Owens. He wasnt happy till he got to a team HE was happy with. Waters retires, if he dosent? I would be surprised. Huard? cut. Edwards? cut. I would be surprised if they brought him back 1 more year. Surtain? cut or MAYBE traded. He might still have value as a slot DB. Other than that I cant think of anyone else atm.

If L.J. leaves then that's bad news for us.I do believe that Kolby Smith still can be a better dependable option at the starter position instead of Jamaal Charles if L.J. leaves.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    If L.J. leaves then that's bad news for us.I do believe that Kolby Smith still can be a better dependable option at the starter position instead of Jamaal Charles if L.J. leaves.
    Just like most running backs in the league. The running back is only as good as his offensive line. With a good offensive line, LJ will look great. Behind a bad offensive line, LJ will look horrible.

Unlike your theory, I think the Chiefs need four new offensive lineman. By the time this team gets turned around in the aspect of having a line and QB. LJ would already be gone because of his attitude.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

isn`t DJ`s contract up soon? TG and Waters might stay if the right gm and coach came along.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Just like most running backs in the league. The running back is only as good as his offensive line. With a good offensive line, LJ will look great. Behind a bad offensive line, LJ will look horrible.

Unlike your theory, I think the Chiefs need four new offensive lineman. By the time this team gets turned around in the aspect of having a line and QB. LJ would already be gone because of his attitude.
    As I said in a earlier thread, I really think we are just 2 guards away from having a good line NEXT year. Waters will prob not want to return to another year of this. And Jones hasnt proved anything to me yet. I think Albert at LT Niswanger at C and Taylor at RT... all 3 will come into their own after a season of starting.

As I said in a earlier thread, I really think we are just 2 guards away from having a good line NEXT year. Waters will prob not want to return to another year of this. And Jones hasnt proved anything to me yet. I think Albert at LT Niswanger at C and Taylor at RT... all 3 will come into their own after a season of starting.
    We will still need another decent tackle and 1 more guard for depth-- at least.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I have seen nothing of Niswanger to lead me to believe that.

I like Herb Taylor but at this point in time, I am afraid we are giving him more credit than he deserves only because he doesn't suck as bad as Sacintosh. He is a good pass blocker but is laking run blocking.

Even if Waters returns. His performance has been just as bad as the rest of the offensive line and the Chiefs need to think about upgrading all accross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I have seen nothing of Niswanger to lead me to believe that.

I like Herb Taylor but at this point in time, I am afraid we are giving him more credit than he deserves only because he doesn't suck as bad as Sacintosh. He is a good pass blocker but is laking run blocking.

Even if Waters returns. His performance has been just as bad as the rest of the offensive line and the Chiefs need to think about upgrading all accross the line.
    Problem is that any o-lineman is only as good as the guy standing next to him. The best lineman can only block one guy at a time. So if they throw 2 guys into the C-G gap, the C and G have to trust each other and pick up the right guy. If one of them messes up, they both look like they messed up.

I think Waters has been decent. He doesnt look great because people have been sending blitzes to overload Albert and Waters look bad by association.

I hope he doesnt leave. If he stays we can draft a 3rd-4th Rd guard for him to mentor, and just pick up a RT and RG in FA. Our line will be decent, and ready to improve with experience. If Waters leaves, I hope he decides soon after the season so we have time to replace him ... not like some of our other great O-lineman.

LJ, Tony G., Croyle, Huard, probably already gone.
    Webb and Darling - seeya. Pat Thomas, Surtain, Mcbride
    Boone, Tamba, both Edwards (3 including Herm) - later.
    Entire OL - flush it.
    Bring in Cowher. Take Stafford as first pick. Rest of draft OL and DL.
    Almost forgot - Clark loses Chiefs in side bet to Mark Cuban at charity golf outing in Dallas.
    Oh, ok. I'm awake now.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast