Thread: Getting Tired Of This

Default Getting Tired Of This

I will always be a Kansas City Chiefs fan. Recently (last 8 months or so), I've found myself grinding my teeth over my choice in teams. I am not a fair-weather fan but, my patience is being tried over and over.

Larry - Seriously? Hitting women is worse than dog fighting. Is it that hard to just enjoy your money or to consider part of your astounding pay as "be nice" money? Your off-field actions diminish my respect for your talent. You had so much disdain for Priest Holmes but at least my son could have a role model. I won't let him wear your jersey number.... ouch.

Carl - Where to begin? Jared, Tony, HERM?!? Bad decisions. Worse than putting Elvis back in for the playoffs after Gannon cleaned up for him all season.

Herm - I blame myself. I was excited to have a coach come in who could stir things up. I totally forgot how poorly you manage a team and a game-clock. Oh.... I also forgot that you are a terrible coach and so stubborn that you would never admit it and, more importantly, never use your failures as a chance to learn and change.

Everybody, I know you see it too. I would love some feedback on the positive things we might have coming up. Living up here in Packerland, it's getting harder to defend my lifelong decision of supporting KC and I could use some ammo for these Packer jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    I will always be a Kansas City Chiefs fan. Recently (last 8 months or so), I've found myself grinding my teeth over my choice in teams. I am not a fair-weather fan but, my patience is being tried over and over.

Larry - Seriously? Hitting women is worse than dog fighting. Is it that hard to just enjoy your money or to consider part of your astounding pay as "be nice" money? Your off-field actions diminish my respect for your talent. You had so much disdain for Priest Holmes but at least my son could have a role model. I won't let him wear your jersey number.... ouch.

Carl - Where to begin? Jared, Tony, HERM?!? Bad decisions. Worse than putting Elvis back in for the playoffs after Gannon cleaned up for him all season.

Herm - I blame myself. I was excited to have a coach come in who could stir things up. I totally forgot how poorly you manage a team and a game-clock. Oh.... I also forgot that you are a terrible coach and so stubborn that you would never admit it and, more importantly, never use your failures as a chance to learn and change.

Everybody, I know you see it too. I would love some feedback on the positive things we might have coming up. Living up here in Packerland, it's getting harder to defend my lifelong decision of supporting KC and I could use some ammo for these Packer jerks.
    As bad as things are, there are some positives with this team.

We have some talented players. I know it does not seem like it, but there is some good play going on, too bad that it seems that when one guy has a good game, the other guys don't show up.

We know what we have for quarterback, there has been a question for three years if we have the quarterback for the future, now we know we don't so we can go out and address that in the off-season.

For the last ten years we have had the enjoyment to watch and cheer for the best tight end to play the game. Only ONE fan base can say that at this point and we can.

We know we only have one more season of Carl Peterson. He will retire after next season after his contract is over.

We still have the monicker of the loudest fans in football. We might have slipped in the last couple of years, but I believe that the Chiefs Fans are the most loyal out there and despite the poor weather now, sunshine will return and Arrowhead will be thundering loud once again.

Speaking of the fans, the Chiefs fans are the best and most friendly fans in the NFL, bar none, we know how to party better than any other team, and even when the most hated teams come to town, we are friendly enough with them. There are very few, if any other teams in the NFL that are as friendly to opposing fans as Chiefs fans are, we are clearly the class act of the NFL.

So you ask what is positive? Well not much, but there are some shining things about being a Chiefs fan that no one, not even the cold, frigid air of Green Bay can take away from us!

Now lets get back to bashing Herm Edwards shall we?

Are you comparing Larry to Priest?? I thought that Priest was the perfect player. He knew what teamwork was and he never got bigheaded over his consistant football reputation.Yes, Priest was deffinitely a great role model.

Yes, Hermie sucks big time.

I'm about to cry; it seems that all the positive about my chiefs is in the past.
    Now the consistency is of the bad kind. They don't want to win and so far this season they won one game with the help of the fans. They used to have a killer defense that other teams feared. TNow they aren't a team that one would say with optimism that the chiefs would win.

I am a chiefs' fan for life because I don't know any other way. Yes, there are teams that I like when they aren't playing the chiefs but its the chiefs who own my heart.
    :character0013: :Axe_02: :character0013::Axe_02: :character0013: :Axe_02: :character0013::Axe_02: :character0013:
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I was raised with the Chiefs and will die by the Chiefs. Although I am very critical with whats going on down at 1 Arrowhead DR. Yes, the Chiefs are so important to KC that they named a street thats in a parking lot after them! I remember going to Chiefs games when I was just a young boy! I didnt know the game but I learned from my dad, grandfather and uncle that it was a team to be respected but also expect alot from them. They taught me that its ok to be critical of them regardless if your talking to a fan of a team in a division, a fellow fan mate or even someone from the NFC. Positive? YES we do have the best and loudest fans in the NFL! Best fans? Yes, again, I know when ive been able to go out there ive shared beers and even my grill with away fans. You cant say that with all other teams fans. Yes, we have some NFL icons on this team and we can only HOPE after this year Clark can get the ship back afloat!

Thanks guys. I've been a little worried since I posted last night that I'd come back to a sea of flames today. I was comparing Larry to Priest. I remember Larry grumbling about being in the shadows while everyone else in the free world was enjoying (in my opinion) one of the greatest on and off field football players of all time.

I was born & raised in Iowa and I still remember my first game. I've had the honor of seeing Paige, Okoye, Word, Allen, Holmes, Gonzalez, my guilty-pleasure favorite DeBerg and many more in the few times I've been able to travel from Milwaukee. It is so refreshing to hear the roar at Arrowhead. You guys have helped me buy some patience for awhile. Thx. Maybe next year I can travel again without wanting to spit on Herm. We'll see.

Thanks again

Thanks guys. I've been a little worried since I posted last night that I'd come back to a sea of flames today. I was comparing Larry to Priest. I remember Larry grumbling about being in the shadows while everyone else in the free world was enjoying (in my opinion) one of the greatest on and off field football players of all time.

I was born & raised in Iowa and I still remember my first game. I've had the honor of seeing Paige, Okoye, Word, Allen, Holmes, Gonzalez, my guilty-pleasure favorite DeBerg and many more in the few times I've been able to travel from Milwaukee. It is so refreshing to hear the roar at Arrowhead. You guys have helped me buy some patience for awhile. Thx. Maybe next year I can travel again without wanting to spit on Herm. We'll see.

Thanks again
    LJ does all the spitting round here!!!
    Welcome....
    SHUT IT

In my estimation LJ just not compare to Priest. About being in the shadows, all LJ had to do was be a good boy and earn his paycheck.

Thanks again
    Its been so long ago for me, Arrowhead roared?
    Next time you come to Arrowhead bring a straw with you, the spit will hit its mark(Hermie).
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

For me, I look forward to the inevitable 'bonding' that his team will do at some point.

This is about as bad as it can get, so things are bound to improve sooner or later, regardless of Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For me, I look forward to the inevitable 'bonding' that his team will do at some point.

This is about as bad as it can get, so things are bound to improve sooner or later, regardless of Herm.
    True. Is it bad to hope that it's not good enough to save his job?

I won't hold it against you, but I can't take that stance either. I always gotta root for the Chiefs win. Fuc/< draft picks... win a game... show me some talent I want to build this team around.

It's anybody's game at this point.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!