Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: John Clayton reports..................

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default John Clayton reports..................


    0 Not allowed!
    A local radio station here in Phoenix had John Clayton on their show this morning and one of his reports was that he believes with everything going on with LJ whether it be the 4 club incidents or the fact that the team is not using him the way "he wants" or the way "other players" think he should be used, mixed with the fact that they aren't winning and "may" not for a couple of years, again it's just his belief that the Chiefs will try to move LJ in the off season. Clayton says "its just time to go different ways".

    One other thing he did mention in the short 15 or 20 second blurb was that he still thought there was a chance that the Chiefs could sign Culpepper. At very least may be some more talks.
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 10-24-2008 at 11:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    A local radio station here in Phoenix had John Clayton on their show this morning and one of his reports was that he believes with everything going on with LJ whether it be the 4 club incidents or the fact that the team is not using him the way "he wants" or the way "other players" think he should be used, mixed with the fact that they aren't winning and "may" not for a couple of years, again it's just his belief that the Chiefs will try to move LJ in the off season. Clayton says "its just time to go different ways".

    One other thing he did mention in the short 15 or 20 second blurb was that he still thought there was a chance that the Chiefs could sign Culpepper. At very least may be some more talks.
    Well if anything said good out of that is that maybe we can move LJ without eating cap! That wasnt said of course but the thought was thrown out!

    With Dante? after they signed whats his name I would think we would be very hard pressed to sign Dante. IF he is in shape then why didnt CP sign him first unless he didnt want to spend a few more 100k in cap? Either Dante is fat or CP is saving his money for later.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,402
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post


    Well if anything said good out of that is that maybe we can move LJ without eating cap! That wasnt said of course but the thought was thrown out!

    With Dante? after they signed whats his name I would think we would be very hard pressed to sign Dante. IF he is in shape then why didnt CP sign him first unless he didnt want to spend a few more 100k in cap? Either Dante is fat or CP is saving his money for later.
    We probably better sign any QB that will be willing to donate their body to harm!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    A local radio station here in Phoenix had John Clayton on their show this morning and one of his reports was that he believes with everything going on with LJ whether it be the 4 club incidents or the fact that the team is not using him the way "he wants" or the way "other players" think he should be used, mixed with the fact that they aren't winning and "may" not for a couple of years, again it's just his belief that the Chiefs will try to move LJ in the off season. Clayton says "its just time to go different ways".

    One other thing he did mention in the short 15 or 20 second blurb was that he still thought there was a chance that the Chiefs could sign Culpepper. At very least may be some more talks.
    keep culpepper out of here he has got just as bad of an attitude as lj he must be broke so now he is saying he is WILLING to come back

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    We probably better sign any QB that will be willing to donate their body to harm!

    I agree! Anyone with any experience is better than what we have atm. Besides he will prob end up on IR anyways!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post


    Well if anything said good out of that is that maybe we can move LJ without eating cap! That wasnt said of course but the thought was thrown out!

    With Dante? after they signed whats his name I would think we would be very hard pressed to sign Dante. IF he is in shape then why didnt CP sign him first unless he didnt want to spend a few more 100k in cap? Either Dante is fat or CP is saving his money for later.
    Whatshisface didn't cost anything. If they wanted to sign Culpepper now that contract would not affect it. What would affect it would be what Daunte was asking for. Don't really like Daunte now but he CAN'T be any worse than what we have.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Whatshisface didn't cost anything. If they wanted to sign Culpepper now that contract would not affect it. What would affect it would be what Daunte was asking for. Don't really like Daunte now but he CAN'T be any worse than what we have.
    Not saying he would be any worse! Im saying he prob wanted more than CP wanted to give him! Also you never know if he was even in shape. He mighta been back at hi home sitting there eating cheetos or sumthin. I was just saying 1 way or the other CP didnt get it done. Im pretty sure Dante is ready to go, and woulda been better than Grey or whatever his name is!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Not saying he would be any worse! Im saying he prob wanted more than CP wanted to give him! Also you never know if he was even in shape. He mighta been back at hi home sitting there eating cheetos or sumthin. I was just saying 1 way or the other CP didnt get it done. Im pretty sure Dante is ready to go, and woulda been better than Grey or whatever his name is!
    Dante is the most overrated qb IMO. He can thank Randy Moss for gettin his name out there....Moss left, and so did Dante's career...

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad to have Gray instead of Culpepper, personally.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,934
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    keep culpepper out of here he has got just as bad of an attitude as lj he must be broke so now he is saying he is WILLING to come back
    What has Culpepper done since Randy Moss left him? The guy was big, and was mobile. Back then every 3rd pass was a bomb. He has lost his mobility due to injuries and he has lost his long ball weapon.

    That is why he isn't on a team right now. Not a bad Veteran to have as a back up, but he wants to be a starter and nobody will give him that shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •