Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thigpen is looking awesome

Default Tyler Thigpen is looking awesome

I don't want to jinx him, or anything, but Thigpen is looking freaking awesome. He has already played one half half 10 times better than anything Croyle has shown us.

Based on this first half, I am anxious to see what he can do the rest of the season. If anything he is looking like a very viable back up for us who will push any QBofTF for the starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I agree with you other than referring to DBowe as D-rainbow. That just sounds so gay. I think Thig hit 7 different receivers with M. Bradley being a huge contributor as the #2 receiver.

Given that the Jets secondary isn't that great and we added not 1 but two weapons by using Cottom. There is plenty to build with.

Tyler's vision ability to scan but read the entire field does make it seem as if 8 guys are going to get a catch during every game.As for Cottam we can sense that we have a young gifted developing key weapon for us in Cottam.Thig just straight out dominates in our multiple Shotgun set formations.His knowledge of our motion sequences shows that he can be our starter for the remainder of the season.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Tyler's vision ability to scan but read the entire field does make it seem as if 8 guys are going to get a catch during every game.As for Cottam we can sense that we have a young gifted developing key weapon for us in Cottam.Thig just straight out dominates in our multiple Shotgun set formations.His knowledge of our motion sequences shows that he can be our starter for the remainder of the season.
    Cottam is gonna be an all-pro TE, eventually. He won't be as good as Gonzo, I don't think anyone will be for quite some time, but I see Cottam at the level of Gates or Shockey, eventually.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Cottam is gonna be an all-pro TE, eventually. He won't be as good as Gonzo, I don't think anyone will be for quite some time, but I see Cottam at the level of Gates or Shockey, eventually.

This is a big reason in which the youth movement involving Tyler can now be considered as something to be looked upon when also speaking of another young guy in Brad Cottam.Both of these 2 young guys showed how much heart they have while teaming up together and ripping the Jets defense up.The trust of these 2 young guys is a work in progress and is destined to get better.
    GRRRRRRRRR

That loss falls on Herm for getting conservative after taking a lead. 3rd and 4 after Kolby has averaged like 1.5 yards a carry. I understand if you are a 5 and 1 team, but come on. Take some chances. The kid (thigpen) is the reason you are winning the game. Let him learn how to win.
    Will never happen with Herm the Germ as the HC. He says he plays to win the game, then he says that he tries give you an opportunity to win at the end of the game. The guy needs to go into politics. We are 1-6, if he can't open the playbook now, he never will.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Will never happen with Herm the Germ as the HC. He says he plays to win the game, then he says that he tries give you an opportunity to win at the end of the game. The guy needs to go into politics. We are 1-6, if he can't open the playbook now, he never will.
    This loss falls on Herm. You don't run 3 times and punt when you are on the road and Favre on the sideline.
    Major blunder. We played good enough to win.
    Maybe Herm really does want 1st pick in the draft.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Honestly though, the real test comes this week. If he can come out looking pretty good against the Bucs, then I'm grabbing a first class seat on the Thiggy train.... hoppin into the Thigpen Pigpen..... the Koastal Karolina Kid.... Thiggy Pop, etc.
    Definitely anxious to see what he can do against Tampa. Especially since Tampa will have time to plan against the no huddle / spread offense. But maybe that will open up some running lanes for us and we can get some balance back in our O.

P.S. I like Thiggy Pop

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Honestly though, the real test comes this week. If he can come out looking pretty good against the Bucs, then I'm grabbing a first class seat on the Thiggy train.... hoppin into the Thigpen Pigpen..... the Koastal Karolina Kid.... Thiggy Pop, etc.
    I don't think it would be fair to judge him after the Jets just as it isn't fair to annoint him the Chiefs Savior. Give him the entire year. It takes on average three years to develop. Not three games.

He has shown though in one single game, that he has the tools. Croyle never did that, and I kept waiting for it. Thigpen just needs to grow from this game and start expecting teams to scout him, and play him differently. He will have bad games. Everyone does, look at Favre yesterday. Bad game.

I don't think it would be fair to judge him after the Jets just as it isn't fair to annoint him the Chiefs Savior. Give him the entire year. It takes on average three years to develop. Not three games.

He has shown though in one single game, that he has the tools. Croyle never did that, and I kept waiting for it. Thigpen just needs to grow from this game and start expecting teams to scout him, and play him differently. He will have bad games. Everyone does, look at Favre yesterday. Bad game.
    Bad enough to win!! Just ribbin' ya. Favre did have a bad game. But I am truely excited about Thig. His play vs Jets will force Tampa to spread out their defense.
    Time for Charles to bring it on!
    Chiefs win 31-21!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Bad enough to win!! Just ribbin' ya. Favre did have a bad game. But I am truely excited about Thig. His play vs Jets will force Tampa to spread out their defense.
    Time for Charles to bring it on!
    Chiefs win 31-21!!
    Did Favre win that game or did Washington on a reception, a run and on special teams.

By the way, if TG was called for offensive PI on a play not thrown to him. L. Coles should have got one for tossing Patterson aside for their last TD. Patterson had position on Favre's pass. Then throw in the failed interception by DJ.

Favre didn't win that game. Herm did with his conservative play calling :Magic_07: :character00130: :character0061: .

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This loss falls on Herm. You don't run 3 times and punt when you are on the road and Favre on the sideline.
    Major blunder. We played good enough to win.
    Maybe Herm really does want 1st pick in the draft.

We forced some turnovers, tyler played a great game, there is now way that game should have ended as a loss. Hopefully the momentum will carry over and tyler will play another great game, if he herm doesn't screw it up, win number 2 this sunday.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast