Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thigpen is looking awesome

Default Tyler Thigpen is looking awesome

I don't want to jinx him, or anything, but Thigpen is looking freaking awesome. He has already played one half half 10 times better than anything Croyle has shown us.

Based on this first half, I am anxious to see what he can do the rest of the season. If anything he is looking like a very viable back up for us who will push any QBofTF for the starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm not sure about the TE, Cottam looked really good out there. We actually passed the ball to him!
    Brad's being groomed by the best, and they're both taking it very seriously.

Throughout all of this drama, Tony is being a good mentor. He came over to Brad after practice one day after noticing Cottham was having some problems with a particular route, and he, Brad, and Brodie spent a half hour drilling it until Brad had it down.

And, I'm sure there's been plenty more episodes like that which didn't make it to local sports radio.

I hate the thought of losing "the kid". Funny to say that about a Vet, but I was there when he WAS the kid! I remember watching him coming along, slowly but surely, the "prime guys" at the time coming to him and asking him to step up his game. And he did. Big Time.

I won't deny he's been a little "Drama Queenish" lately, but I blame his dissatisfaction squarely on Carl.

People, Carl and Herm are poison to this team. Even more so than LJ and his "Puff Stupid" escapades. Carl's a walking corpse, and Herm just can't f*cking coach.

WAKE UP, CLARK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't want to jinx him, or anything, but Thigpen is looking freaking awesome. He has already played one half half 10 times better than anything Croyle has shown us.

Based on this first half, I am anxious to see what he can do the rest of the season. If anything he is looking like a very viable back up for us who will push any QBofTF for the starting role.
    I appreciate how he took the sack instead of forcing it, trying too hard too make things happen. He believes in himself to make it up the next play (Too bad Herm doesnt).

If I had to give him somethin to work on it would be stepping back up into the pocket from the DE's. But Im not complaining, Ill take his performance today for now.

The lowly Thigpen was a better QB than the legendary Favre. Too bad he and this talented team have such a bad Coaching Staff. Hence, the outcome.

That performance certainly came out of nowhere...

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Rolling out of the pocket, scanning the field, making perfect passes into double coverage, making accurate passes EVERY play. I wasn't sure if I was watching Tyler Thigpen or Tom Brady... with more mobility.

Now I'm certainly not going to get too excited, because I fully expect Herm to name him starting QB for the remainder of the season now, and have him blow it. He's certainly going to stink it up next week against TB and their 7th ranked pass defense, right?

If he somehow repeats yesterday's performance, then I'll really start considering that we might have found a gem. Hey he does hold every passing record at Coastal Carolina! ;)

Amazing what 1st team reps and a little confidence can do for someone who never looked like he deserved to wear an NFL jersey before yesterday.

Honestly though, yesterday was a perfect game in my eyes. We played awesome and saw signs of a bright future, while still losing and maintaining draft position. Let's be honest, we're not going to win the Super Bowl this year, so every draft spot counts. Maybe it's a bit of a loser's attitude, but if it means the difference between a great QB or lineman versus a "good" one, then count me in.
    Last edited by yashi; 10-27-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Rolling out of the pocket, scanning the field, making perfect passes into double coverage, making accurate passes EVERY play. I wasn't sure if I was watching Tyler Thigpen or Tom Brady... with more mobility.

Now I'm certainly not going to get too excited, because I fully expect Herm to name him starting QB for the remainder of the season now, and have him blow it. He's certainly going to stink it up next week against TB and their 7th ranked pass defense, right?

If he somehow repeats yesterday's performance, then I'll really start considering that we might have found a gem. Hey he does hold every passing record at Coastal Carolina! ;)

Amazing what 1st team reps and a little confidence can do for someone who never looked like he deserved to wear an NFL jersey before yesterday.

Honestly though, yesterday was a perfect game in my eyes. We played awesome and saw signs of a bright future, while still losing and maintaining draft position. Let's be honest, we're not going to win the Super Bowl this year, so every draft spot counts. Maybe it's a bit of a loser's attitude, but if it means the difference between a great QB or lineman versus a "good" one, then count me in.

You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    should have won! but good effort
    That loss falls on Herm for getting conservative after taking a lead. 3rd and 4 after Kolby has averaged like 1.5 yards a carry. I understand if you are a 5 and 1 team, but come on. Take some chances. The kid (thigpen) is the reason you are winning the game. Let him learn how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

It was a good loss. If there is every such a thing. This is what I expected when they said youth movement. Not the crap we have seen up to this.

I already don't like Herm or CP, but if they sign Dulpepper to come in (with no future for this franchise and take reps away from Thigpen and start when this is a so called youth movement. I will be completely and annoyingly vocal of my displeasure of them.

Thigpen has earned the right in my mind to finish the season. I know he is going to blow chunks some other game, but he showed me something yesterday that made me giddie and it has been a while since I felt that way about this team, besides beating Denver.

We should just allow Thig to be our starter for the remainder of the season.D-rainbow did mention that Thig was lights out during practice during the week.Seeing Thig throw the ball with super accuracy was just amazing.I've seen Thig hit a dynamite 3 step drop after the snap and sqeeze the ball in a tight window which really shouldn't of had a chance to go in a tight passing window like that but was also delivered out of his hands with supreme accuracy.I've also seen Thig allow receivers run into a clear passing lane while having tremendous time to do whatever they want after the catch because of Tyler's precision accuracy.Such as that smooth run after the catch by D-rainbow.We talked about Brodie and D-rainbow but how about Thig and D-rainbow.Damn.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    We should just allow Thig to be our starter for the remainder of the season.D-rainbow did mention that Thig was lights out during practice during the week.Seeing Thig throw the ball with super accuracy was just amazing.I've seen Thig hit a dynamite 3 step drop after the snap and sqeeze the ball in a tight window which really shouldn't of had a chance to go in a tight passing window like that but was also delivered out of his hands with supreme accuracy.I've also seen Thig allow receivers run into a clear passing lane while having tremendous time to do whatever they want after the catch because of Tyler's precision accuracy.Such as that smooth run after the catch by D-rainbow.We talked about Brodie and D-rainbow but how about Thig and D-rainbow.Damn.
    I agree with you other than referring to DBowe as D-rainbow. That just sounds so gay. I think Thig hit 7 different receivers with M. Bradley being a huge contributor as the #2 receiver.

Given that the Jets secondary isn't that great and we added not 1 but two weapons by using Cottom. There is plenty to build with.

I agree with you other than referring to DBowe as D-rainbow. That just sounds so gay. I think Thig hit 7 different receivers with M. Bradley being a huge contributor as the #2 receiver.

Given that the Jets secondary isn't that great and we added not 1 but two weapons by using Cottom. There is plenty to build with.
    I decided to be unpredictable, and let someone else field that one.

Honestly though, the real test comes this week. If he can come out looking pretty good against the Bucs, then I'm grabbing a first class seat on the Thiggy train.... hoppin into the Thigpen Pigpen..... the Koastal Karolina Kid.... Thiggy Pop, etc.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast