Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the Freakin odds????

Default What are the Freakin odds????

The odds of a loss when you're +3 in turnovers, one returned for a TD are amazing. But damned if we didn't find a way to do it. And the Jets had a worse game plan than Herm, and we still lost. At least we found a QB maybe. ugh this blows.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    The odds of a loss when you're +3 in turnovers, one returned for a TD are amazing. But damned if we didn't find a way to do it. And the Jets had a worse game plan than Herm, and we still lost. At least we found a QB maybe. ugh this blows.
    Yes it does, we lost, but maybe we can take the positives from this game and build on them! I think there is a lot of positives from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yes it does, we lost, but maybe we can take the positives from this game and build on them! I think there is a lot of positives from this game.
    We had some good plays. Thigpen looked good this game, the defensive line and linebackers were not even on the field for the most part. We got lucky that the Jets decided to test our secondary, because if they run the ball 40 times, we lose this game by a much wider margin.

Edwards did not show up to this game. The play calling in the fourth quarter was stupid. With 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and a 3 point lead, you cannot allow Favre to get the ball back, and you certainly cannot let him have it back on the 40 yard line.

That is exactly what we did though. Three running plays when you know the running game is not doing anything, then you place your chances on a second string punter and a special teams crew that has not been playing well at all.

I know that everyone will likely say that series was text-book football, and you might be right if you are a competitive ball club, we are anything but textbook this season.

Now we have a QB controversy!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We had some good plays. Thigpen looked good this game, the defensive line and linebackers were not even on the field for the most part. We got lucky that the Jets decided to test our secondary, because if they run the ball 40 times, we lose this game by a much wider margin.

Edwards did not show up to this game. The play calling in the fourth quarter was stupid. With 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and a 3 point lead, you cannot allow Favre to get the ball back, and you certainly cannot let him have it back on the 40 yard line.

That is exactly what we did though. Three running plays when you know the running game is not doing anything, then you place your chances on a second string punter and a special teams crew that has not been playing well at all.

I know that everyone will likely say that series was text-book football, and you might be right if you are a competitive ball club, we are anything but textbook this season.

BUT! And it's a big, Sir Mixalot but, this game also has a completely different face with Mr. Larry Johnson in our lineup, instead of week after week, made an example by "dad" Herm Edwards. I find it increasingly frustrating that the league hasn't done anything to Larry, but Herm's deciding every week to make him inactive, to the detriment of the team.

Should a guy be allowed to act like a criminal clown off the field? No, but you're paying him an awful lot to play football. He's not doing that, and ultimately, Herm... your inability to win (something made much more likely with Johnson ON the field) is going to cost you your job.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    BUT! And it's a big, Sir Mixalot but, this game also has a completely different face with Mr. Larry Johnson in our lineup, instead of week after week, made an example by "dad" Herm Edwards. I find it increasingly frustrating that the league hasn't done anything to Larry, but Herm's deciding every week to make him inactive, to the detriment of the team.

Should a guy be allowed to act like a criminal clown off the field? No, but you're paying him an awful lot to play football. He's not doing that, and ultimately, Herm... your inability to win (something made much more likely with Johnson ON the field) is going to cost you your job.

JB
    I not sure about that josh, if lj was going to play, would the game plan have been more running, and not so much passing? Not sure if having lj in the game plan would have helped, or we would have had a different game plan? Just not sure anymore about lj's value as a Chief.

Fair enough, and it was indeed Thigpen's passing that got us as close as we were. But that 3-and-out might have actually turned into a first down with LJ.

Of course... err... it might have even turned into a first down with Jamal Charles in there.

stupid ankles...

jb

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I can name at least one. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Fair enough, and it was indeed Thigpen's passing that got us as close as we were. But that 3-and-out might have actually turned into a first down with LJ.

Of course... err... it might have even turned into a first down with Jamal Charles in there.

stupid ankles...

jb
    They want the League to drop the hammer, so CARLHERM( yep; they are now one hive mind as far as I'm concerned )is using the old stall-tactic to avoid taking a financial hit.

I would have said "to save face", but really; what "reputation or face" is there to save?

When this season and draft are over, can we just "time warp" to 2010, when the REAL Kansas City Chiefs Football Program will commence???

Ah, dare to dream...

The chiefs played better than they have been; they might not of won but it was a game to be proud of, considering the games they've had in the season so far. I was a bit ticked when the guy that was supposed to catch the last chiefs ball of the game didn't but it was nice that they ended up with 2 digits on the scoreboard, even if it was a loss.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast