Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I know that. And I know it seems we're going in circles, but I just don't understand why you are putting blame on JA.

The Chiefs could have kept him for the next six years by paying him his market value (same contract as MN).

JA wanted a long term extension or to be traded.

The Chiefs chose to trade him rather than give him the extension.

The only way this is JAs fault is if you blame him for not playing year-to-year under the franchise tag, or for not giving a significant hometown discount. I guess I can't blame players in a sport as violent as the NFL for not agreeing to work year-to-year or for working for less than they are worth.
    As much as some may deny it, Jared basically said that he will not play under the franchise tag for $8.8 million. At the time he was a high risk player who was already going to have to serve a four game suspension. He wanted a long term contract and basically said that if he did not get it this year then he is leaving. and then he left. I don't cry over spilled milk. I would love to still have him here. I just get tired of hearing one side of the argument all the time. As far as bit agreeing to work year to year for the price of $8.8 million...I work year to year for a lot less and have just as much if not more risk at my job. I get paid less than I am worth, but I still go to work everyday. I think it is ridiculous to pretend that these guys do not live in the real world and that if they play god football then nothing is ever their fault. What price did JA pay for his DUIs? A small fine? If that is me then I no longer have a job, nevermind complaining about the fact that they will only give me $8.8 million.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    As much as some may deny it, Jared basically said that he will not play under the franchise tag for $8.8 million. At the time he was a high risk player who was already going to have to serve a four game suspension. He wanted a long term contract and basically said that if he did not get it this year then he is leaving. and then he left. I don't cry over spilled milk. I would love to still have him here. I just get tired of hearing one side of the argument all the time. As far as bit agreeing to work year to year for the price of $8.8 million...I work year to year for a lot less and have just as much if not more risk at my job. I get paid less than I am worth, but I still go to work everyday. I think it is ridiculous to pretend that these guys do not live in the real world and that if they play god football then nothing is ever their fault. What price did JA pay for his DUIs? A small fine? If that is me then I no longer have a job, nevermind complaining about the fact that they will only give me $8.8 million.
    JA wasn't going to have to serve a four game suspension prior to this contract with the Vikings. He could have started with the Chiefs for Game 1 this year. He served a two game suspension a year ago but that's it. Things weren't irretrievably wrecked until this offseason.

Look, I can sympathize with you as to the $8.8M. But you are putting blame on JA for doing something that every other single player in the NFL does. Its the byproduct of a league where an owner can breach a contract at will. If you or I sign a contract with an employer: (1) we both have to honor it; and (2) we don't run the chance of career-ending injury every day at work.

If JA agreed to play year by year and tore his ACLs in pre-season, the team could release him without paying him anything. That's why NFL players always go for the signing bonuses and why they hate franchise tenders.

Was there risk in signing a guy who could have a third strike? Yeah. But not so much risk that 30 other GMs (I'm not counting ex-GM Millen) wouldn't have done the smart thing and signed him. If he had a third strike, they could have cut him at relatively little cost.

Really, if the Chiefs were butting up against the cap, I could have understood, even if I didn't agree. We weren't going to tie up our cap with this deal. It wouldn't have prevented us from doing anything we did. But we were $32M under. Whatever the risks were, they were far outweighed by the benefits of keeping him.

When listing the top 10 mistakes of the Peteron era, this has to go in the top 5. When listing the top 10 mistakes of the Edwards era, it's number 1.

I guess my question would be, do you think Peterson made a mistake? And would you rather have him or JA with this organization right now?

Management could have done more to keep JA here, and by the same token JA could have done more to stay. They are both at fault. IMO.

What do ya say we burry this dead horse?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    JA wasn't going to have to serve a four game suspension prior to this contract with the Vikings. He could have started with the Chiefs for Game 1 this year. He served a two game suspension a year ago but that's it. Things weren't irretrievably wrecked until this offseason.

Look, I can sympathize with you as to the $8.8M. But you are putting blame on JA for doing something that every other single player in the NFL does. Its the byproduct of a league where an owner can breach a contract at will. If you or I sign a contract with an employer: (1) we both have to honor it; and (2) we don't run the chance of career-ending injury every day at work.

If JA agreed to play year by year and tore his ACLs in pre-season, the team could release him without paying him anything. That's why NFL players always go for the signing bonuses and why they hate franchise tenders.

Was there risk in signing a guy who could have a third strike? Yeah. But not so much risk that 30 other GMs (I'm not counting ex-GM Millen) wouldn't have done the smart thing and signed him. If he had a third strike, they could have cut him at relatively little cost.

Really, if the Chiefs were butting up against the cap, I could have understood, even if I didn't agree. We weren't going to tie up our cap with this deal. It wouldn't have prevented us from doing anything we did. But we were $32M under. Whatever the risks were, they were far outweighed by the benefits of keeping him.

When listing the top 10 mistakes of the Peteron era, this has to go in the top 5. When listing the top 10 mistakes of the Edwards era, it's number 1.

I guess my question would be, do you think Peterson made a mistake? And would you rather have him or JA with this organization right now?
    This is honest to god the very last time I am going to say this because I am starting to wear out the keys on my keyboard. I am not defending our Management team. I am not saying that I do not like Jared Allen. I would rather have a can of cream corn than CP but that does not in any way absolve JA from his part in what went down regarding his trade. I guess we would have all been much happier had he stayed under the franchise tag and then left for nothing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I am not DEFENDING the trade. I am tired of hearing how it is all managements fault for 6 months. Jared could have sh!t on the field and told all the fans to F@ off and you guys would find a way to blame it on management. Two posts ago 31 said

Canada: First off he demanded a trade if he did not get the contract that HE wanted.

Chief31: No. You are wrong. After a year of seeking a long-term contract with The Chiefs, without ever getting an offer, he was invited to seek a trade.

Soooo...he did want the contract that HE wanted or not? You guys talk in circles all day and then put words in peoples mouths. He was "invited" to seek a trade. Was that because he said "If you franchise me then I am gonna leave"? He got EXACTLY what he wanted. But now I am gonna have to sit here for years and hear about this crap. Its all management and the players have no accountability to anyone anymore. It is a joke.

And as far as the double the sacks thing. He has 4....4 sacks and happened to be near Orlovsky when he ran out of bounds. And unless you can show me how he has improved the Minnesota run D then that is just your opinion.
    So, the fact that he had any demands at all is all that you are saying. Yet Gonzales is a stud for wanting to leave the team?

This started (again) because someone else said that Jared didn't want to be here. And I showed that he tried very hard to get The Chiefs to keep him here.

Did he do absolutely everything possible to stay? No.

After he did what was asked, and showed that he could stay out of trouble and play the game, then still never got offered a long-term deal, had he quietly accepted the tag, he would have been taking an enormous risk with his career.

If, by trying to limit that risk, you want to place blame on him, then, sure. He is some kind of traitor who didn't want to be here.

But if you look at it as it is/was, he did want to be here. He asked for a long-term deal for over a year, then got told to go find another team.

That isn't putting words into anyones mouth. It is taking them from their mouths. The Chiefs told him to seek a trade. Period.

I have never denied his ability as a player, and it is only 6 (standing near Orlovsky while he ran out of bounds is not a sack in my book) But that is $10 million a sack. Seems like a high price. And what was the Min run defence ranked last year before JA arrived? 2nd, Maybe they thought getting some good DTs before a good DE was a good way to build a defense?!?!
    Why was Orlovsky running? Did it have anything to do with the fact that Jared Allen had immediately shook his blocker, and was chasing him?

No. Not since you say that he was just standing near him. Why the hell are you trying so hard to diminish what he has accomplished?

As much as some may deny it, Jared basically said that he will not play under the franchise tag for $8.8 million.

As much as some may deny it, Jared exactly said... he would play under the tag. Then leave for free agency at the end of that contract.

At the time he was a high risk player who was already going to have to serve a four game suspension.

No. He had already passed that the season before.

He wanted a long term contract and basically said that if he did not get it this year then he is leaving.
    and then he left.

No. Then he was sent. Once The Chiefs traded him, he was no longer able to be a Chief.

I don't cry over spilled milk. I would love to still have him here. I just get tired of hearing one side of the argument all the time.

Again, the one side of the argument, that you are tired of hearing, is in response to someone else spewing out BS about how Jared didn't want to be here.

I know that he did. And I respond to that mis-information.

As far as bit agreeing to work year to year for the price of $8.8 million...I work year to year for a lot less and have just as much if not more risk at my job.

I'm not going to belittle your profession. It is an extremely admirable one. But how many times a day do you have 300 lbs of pissed off trying to kick your ***?

I am sure that that happens sometimes. But probably not dozens of times every day of work.

I know what risks you speak of. Or at least some of those risks. With blood being involved. But those risks have been severely limited with safety procedures and the like.

The likelihood of sustaining a career ending injury in your profession is far less than it is in The NFL.

I get paid less than I am worth, but I still go to work everyday. I think it is ridiculous to pretend that these guys do not live in the real world and that if they play god football then nothing is ever their fault. What price did JA pay for his DUIs? A small fine? If that is me then I no longer have a job, nevermind complaining about the fact that they will only give me $8.8 million.

Jared had to go through the same stupid addiction classes, pay the same fines, go through the same license suspensions as anyone else. And your job consists of driving, does it not?

But if you hate Jared for getting paid so much better than you, then what the hell makes you an NFL fan?

You are a part of the reason that these guys get over-paid. You buy the stuff. And why is Jared the only one who you seem to complain about on this?

I am thrilled hat the players that I pay to see are getting that money. I don't pay to see Carl Peterson, nor Clark Hunt. I pay to see Tony Gonzales, and Brandon Albert. So I am glad that they are getting some of the money, that would otherwise be going to Carl and Clark.

If thousands of people were willing to pay to see you, or I, do our jobs, then we would be getting big money. But they don't.

So who are you really upset with about that? You? You are the one paying to see someone else do their job.

Or everyone who isn't paying to see you do your job?

No. You are mad at the guys who you are paying to see.

This is honest to god the very last time I am going to say this because I am starting to wear out the keys on my keyboard. I am not defending our Management team. I am not saying that I do not like Jared Allen. I would rather have a can of cream corn than CP but that does not in any way absolve JA from his part in what went down regarding his trade. I guess we would have all been much happier had he stayed under the franchise tag and then left for nothing.
    "His part" was to try and convince your favorite football team to give him some job security. 8.8 Million aside. If you have a gold mine of a career, and someone is offering to take it from you at the end of the year, wouldn't you think about trying to get more time? Especially if you knew that someone else was willing to give you that?

Jared Allen wanted to be a Chief, and the Chiefs didn't want him to be.

It always comes back to that.

If you don't want to have the discussion anymore, then don't involve yourself in others' discussions about it.

I started here...
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=98

And you responded here...
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=99

If you didn't intervene there, then, maybe, Bike and I would have had this discussion. And you could have chosen to not be a part of it.

Wow, you win . Jared is compeltely blameless. You have made me out to hate Jared even after stating several times that I liked him and I would be more than happy to have him on the team, I was just pointing out that he played his part in what happened. You think that saying, I will play under the franchie tag then leave is not saying something? I agree with all the stuff you guys post about him, i just don't think he was completely blameless. You are great with the stats and arguments, but you really need to work on listening.

I do not hate Jared.
    I am not defnding managements decision.
    I was merely stating that Jared played his part and if you think he sat and said "Please Sir, may I play for the Chiefs" and did nothing else, then u aren't as smart as I thought you were.
    I'm not making him out to ba vilain. You are so great at quoting posts and thread, find that post. But to say he was completely blameless is just plain ignorant.

BTW, I am not complaining that he makes more than me, I was stating that we all take risks, Being compensated 8.8 million for it hardly makes me muster up a lot of sympathy for how unfairly you are being treated.

oh...and Orlovsky was NOT running away from Jared, he was on a bootleg and did not even realize he was out of bounds. Jared did not chase him out.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aifulCRgQEw"]YouTube - Dan Orlovsky Safety "Dumbest QB Ever!!" Lions vs. Vikings[/ame]

Wow, you win . Jared is compeltely blameless. You have made me out to hate Jared even after stating several times that I liked him and I would be more than happy to have him on the team, I was just pointing out that he played his part in what happened. You think that saying, I will play under the franchie tag then leave is not saying something? I agree with all the stuff you guys post about him, i just don't think he was completely blameless. You are great with the stats and arguments, but you really need to work on listening.

I do not hate Jared.
    I am not defnding managements decision.
    I was merely stating that Jared played his part and if you think he sat and said "Please Sir, may I play for the Chiefs" and did nothing else, then u aren't as smart as I thought you were.
    I'm not making him out to ba vilain. You are so great at quoting posts and thread, find that post. But to say he was completely blameless is just plain ignorant.

BTW, I am not complaining that he makes more than me, I was stating that we all take risks, Being compensated 8.8 million for it hardly makes me muster up a lot of sympathy for how unfairly you are being treated.
    I make him out to seem blameless, because I don't blame him for trying to get The Chiefs to make a long-term offer.

And, as far as listening, while you have said, recently, that you don't dislike him, you do still lay some blame on him, while I don't. And you have been very negative towards him, over the past several months.

So, I do listen. And I save some of the things that i hear for later use.

I am, however, too lazy to go find some of the things that you have said about him in the past. (Right no. But don't test me. )

You know that I like you. I think you are a great guy, and I regret missing the home-opener terribly, because I missed my chance to hang-out with an over-grown Canadian sasquatch.

I am just trying to get you away from the dark that had consumed you on this topic.

It is a form of an exorcism.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I make him out to seem blameless, because I don't blame him for trying to get The Chiefs to make a long-term offer.

And, as far as listening, while you have said, recently, that you don't dislike him, you do still lay some blame on him, while I don't. And you have been very negative towards him, over the past several months.

So, I do listen. And I save some of the things that i hear for later use.

I am, however, too lazy to go find some of the things that you have said about him in the past. (Right no. But don't test me. )

You know that I like you. I think you are a great guy, and I regret missing the home-opener terribly, because I missed my chance to hang-out with an over-grown Canadian sasquatch.

I am just trying to get you away from the dark that had consumed you on this topic.
    I just pick the other side of the coin is all. And for a Canadian, I am not overgrown. I am just an average little guy up here!!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast