Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Not only did Herman play not to win, but he actually coached the Chiefs out of a game that they should have won by about 17 points. Coming into this game at 1 - 5, there was nothing to lose and everything to gain, and Thigpen was very good, but running when the jets could not stop the pass was a bad decision. Favre was vulnerable, but at the end the old cover two just didn't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    That's nice, but guess what? No one expected this team to do well, anyways. All we're looking for here is positives, and I think we got a few today! Sorry we didn't put up a crooked number on the win column! I know it'd change everything for us so much!
    we definantly took some positives out of this game thigpen looked good what pissed me off was after the last play from kc herm knew we had lost and there he was clapping you did not win herm dont clap i also liked the new receiver that was a pretty good catch he made in the end zone

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    That's nice, but guess what? No one expected this team to do well, anyways. All we're looking for here is positives, and I think we got a few today! Sorry we didn't put up a crooked number on the win column! I know it'd change everything for us so much!
    Here's your positive, the Jets had the worst game plan ever, we played well enough to win, and still found a way to end up in the dumper. That's not progress, that's not positive, that's not rebuilding. That's hanging on and trying not to look too bad. No, not going to cut Herm or CP any slack, they suck and are not winners. Believe what you want. He coaches to be average.

Quote Originally Posted by section311 View Post
    Not only did Herman play not to win, but he actually coached the Chiefs out of a game that they should have won by about 17 points. Coming into this game at 1 - 5, there was nothing to lose and everything to gain, and Thigpen was very good, but running when the jets could not stop the pass was a bad decision. Favre was vulnerable, but at the end the old cover two just didn't get it done.
    that cover 2 would have gotten it done if DJ held onto that pick. I think he was running in his mind before catching the ball. That would have been a 14 point swing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Sarcasm alert!

Wtg Chiefs! Thought we were gonna actually win that one, but you mananged to let the Jets score again. Well done! Nice to know i won at least one of my picks on the Espn's pick 'em game.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_chiefs_fan_8 View Post
    Sarcasm alert!

Wtg Chiefs! Thought we were gonna actually win that one, but you mananged to let the Jets score again. Well done! Nice to know i won at least one of my picks on the Espn's pick 'em game.
    are you saying you picked against the chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    that cover 2 would have gotten it done if DJ held onto that pick. I think he was running in his mind before catching the ball. That would have been a 14 point swing.
    Agreed, and so we can't *entirely* lay it on Herm, because that Int would have been HUGE at that point in the game.

But before Herm calls me to thank me for being kind to him- that utter nonsense of a "drive" we had when all we had to do was go ten yards was infuriating. Ten yards, and we decided, three times, mind you, to run the ball using a guy averaging about 1 yard a carry for the day.

There were so many things we could have done, and those three plays were enormously important. To watch them run what looked like the same play three times, trying to smash out a first down, when we are currently incapable of smashing anything, was frustrating.

Of course, the non-called illegal contact penalty on our last fourth down was a bit of a disappointment too. But that game shouldn't have come down to Thigpen trying to gun one into the end zone as time expired- we should have taken care of business earlier.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.

Not only that but he doesn't have a clue how to coach an NFL football team. I've said it since day one, as long as Herm is the coach , this team will continue to be a losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Agreed, another typical thread blaming it on the coach again.... I saw a lot of missed tackles out there yesterday... And no pressure on the QB... tamba had one sack that lead to our 4th sack overall for the year....

There were a lot of terrible tackles, and we still almost one. One thing that really pisses the **** outta me is how every game I see at the meadowlands has bad reffing at vital times. ie...final play being a complete pass interference, or a kick return where savage is hit 3-4sec after already being tackled. D**n, I love new york.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast