Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 129

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.


    0 Not allowed!
    5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Agreed, another typical thread blaming it on the coach again.... I saw a lot of missed tackles out there yesterday... And no pressure on the QB... tamba had one sack that lead to our 4th sack overall for the year....
    We almost won this game as a team and we lost this game as a team. I think Herm let the offence go this game and we played well. But I do think he needs to shoulder his share of the blame for the runs at the end of the game. The end of the game is where I find Herm makes a lot of poor decisions. There were plenty of opportunities for us to win yesterday but no one (coaching staff and players) took advantage of those opportunities.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Agreed, another typical thread blaming it on the coach again.... I saw a lot of missed tackles out there yesterday... And no pressure on the QB... tamba had one sack that lead to our 4th sack overall for the year....
    Well, along with that one sack, Tamba made contact with Favres throwing arm on two INTs.

    I was impressed with Tamba yesterday.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Personally, I agree. This one was Herm's all the way. It was not because of the three runs at the end although they were a huge gaffe. It started at the BEGINNING of the second half. The Jets made no change on defense and we marched the ball straight down the field. And promptly traded a TD for a field goal. Am I the only one that saw a QUARTERBACK DRAW on second and goal from the ten yard line? It was right back to three and outs the rest of the way. I don't believe for one minute that Gailey came up with the idea to play it safe and throttle back the offense. The Jets did everything but gift wrap that game for the Chiefs and the timidity of the coaching staff cost us at the end. So yeah, I agree with the poster that the three runs at the end of the game were HUGE but it started much earlier. Despite Derrick J's missed chance at an int that was NOT the deciding factor in this game. As was mentioned, we got three picks anyway. What did we get from them? One TD at the end. If Favre doesn't have one of his worst days in recent memory and the Jets would have actually wised up and ran the ball more, this one would have been as ugly as any we've played.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    are you saying you picked against the chiefs
    I think this is the 2nd time I've picked against them. The first time I picked against them, they won. They almost won again this time.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,975
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_chiefs_fan_8 View Post
    I think this is the 2nd time I've picked against them. The first time I picked against them, they won. They almost won again this time.
    You picked against the Chiefs? Dude.
    SHUT IT

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Agreed, another typical thread blaming it on the coach again.... I saw a lot of missed tackles out there yesterday... And no pressure on the QB... tamba had one sack that lead to our 4th sack overall for the year....
    Worse than the 4th sack of the year, it was the first sack of the year by the D-Line. Great move trading Allen. I think that comes out to .143 sacks a game by the defensive line. wonderful. However, Farve did get slapped around pretty good, so we were getting to him. That was a nice change.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Worse than the 4th sack of the year, it was the first sack of the year by the D-Line. Great move trading Allen. I think that comes out to .143 sacks a game by the defensive line. wonderful. However, Farve did get slapped around pretty good, so we were getting to him. That was a nice change.
    Sorry, how many does jared have right now?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sorry, how many does jared have right now?
    Well at last check, twice as many as the entire KC D-line. Which isn't good either I agree. So, are you saying that you agree with his departure. We've done so well on defense without him.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Well at last check, twice as many as the entire KC D-line. Which isn't good either I agree. So, are you saying that you agree with his departure. We've done so well on defense without him.
    He has 5 (and one of them is cause he was closest to Orlovsky whe he ran out the back of the endzone) Are you saying you would rather have him than Albert?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He has 5 (and one of them is cause he was closest to Orlovsky whe he ran out the back of the endzone) Are you saying you would rather have him than Albert?
    I guess I'll go out on that limb and say yes. At least one side of the ball would be solid, and not bleeding on both sides. Tough call, but I thought it was a stupid trade. With that much youth on defense, you needed one guy to depend on, and that was him, and he had a lot of years ahead of him. I think we would have had a DL that would have stopped a lot of drives, giving our Offense more opportunities and better field position. He would have helped get our defense off the field more often, and they wouldn't be dragging their asses in the forth quarter. He makes teams double team him, giving the middle more opportunities, and often took a TE out of the play. So, yes I guess I would.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •