Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 129

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.


    0 Not allowed!
    5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I guess I'll go out on that limb and say yes. At least one side of the ball would be solid, and not bleeding on both sides. Tough call, but I thought it was a stupid trade. With that much youth on defense, you needed one guy to depend on, and that was him, and he had a lot of years ahead of him. I think we would have had a DL that would have stopped a lot of drives, giving our Offense more opportunities and better field position. He would have helped get our defense off the field more often, and they wouldn't be dragging their asses in the forth quarter. He makes teams double team him, giving the middle more opportunities, and often took a TE out of the play. So, yes I guess I would.
    that's all well and good. So you would have him get the D off the field for what...more 3 and outs? don't get me wrong, I like JA and I think he is a pretty good player, but not what the Chiefs needed right now. That hole in the line would be much bigger if it were on the O line
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    that's all well and good. So you would have him get the D off the field for what...more 3 and outs? don't get me wrong, I like JA and I think he is a pretty good player, but not what the Chiefs needed right now. That hole in the line would be much bigger if it were on the O line
    We got Albert, Morgan, and Charles for someone who didn't want to be here. Not to mention a 74 million dollar contract, damn near half that guarenteed. We did what we had to do to begin rebuilding this team.
    SHUT IT

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We got Albert, Morgan, and Charles for someone who didn't want to be here. Not to mention a 74 million dollar contract, damn near half that guarenteed. We did what we had to do to begin rebuilding this team.
    Well that's fine, then you got what you wanted. What are they going to do when all thes rookies come up for FA at the same time? you think the money is going to be there to sign them all. NO. They will dump some for draft picks and the beat goes on.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Well that's fine, then you got what you wanted. What are they going to do when all thes rookies come up for FA at the same time? you think the money is going to be there to sign them all. NO. They will dump some for draft picks and the beat goes on.
    This is exactly what I was worried about. My assumption is that they will sign some of these sooner to longer contracts, some to shorter and still others will not be on the roster any longer.

    This is a significant issue though and one that will be something we will need to overcome.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Well that's fine, then you got what you wanted. What are they going to do when all thes rookies come up for FA at the same time? you think the money is going to be there to sign them all. NO. They will dump some for draft picks and the beat goes on.
    Did they all sign the same contract? Aren't we $30 million under the cap right now?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Did they all sign the same contract? Aren't we $30 million under the cap right now?
    I think they are available for free agency after 3 years. If they have a longer term contract, I believe it gets renegotiated at that time. However, I'm the first to admit, everytime I've looked at the rules for FA and how to protect the team from FA, it's a nightmare. Ha, and yes I read we're currently 30 M under the cap, and yet can't find anybody to fill the holes in the OL. I think being 30M under the cap is how CP justifies his job. Makes up for the loss of stadium revenue I suppose.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I think they are available for free agency after 3 years. If they have a longer term contract, I believe it gets renegotiated at that time. However, I'm the first to admit, everytime I've looked at the rules for FA and how to protect the team from FA, it's a nightmare. Ha, and yes I read we're currently 30 M under the cap, and yet can't find anybody to fill the holes in the OL. I think being 30M under the cap is how CP justifies his job. Makes up for the loss of stadium revenue I suppose.
    I hear that!! I just hope they are saving this cap space for some big free agent signings when the time is right.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He has 5 (and one of them is cause he was closest to Orlovsky whe he ran out the back of the endzone) Are you saying you would rather have him than Albert?
    Imagine that the Chiefs do not trade JA. The Chiefs probably do not draft Dorsey, and instead trade down for Albert or reach for him. They probably still draft Jamaal Charles (assuming no trade shenanigans) in the 3rd, and don't get Cottam or Morgan. They still draft Flowers in the 2nd, and the rest of the draft is the same.

    How exactly are the Chiefs weaker? They still have their LT/RG of the future. They don't have Dorsey, Morgan, or Cottam, but none of those three have been helpful this year so far. They, instead, have a 26-year-old stud DE.

    Do you really think Dorsey, Cottam, and Morgan are equal to JA right now? Wouldn't the Chiefs be better off with a real DE and not an ineffective DT and backup S and TE?

    If you really, really believe these three will exceed JA in value someday, you are in for severe disappointments.

    Signing JA, drafting a RT and LT/RG (depending on where you want to play Albert) sometime in the 3rd-7th rounds, and signing a free-agent DT were the obvious ways to go this offseason. Not what the Chiefs actually did.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Imagine that the Chiefs do not trade JA. The Chiefs probably do not draft Dorsey, and instead trade down for Albert or reach for him. They probably still draft Jamaal Charles (assuming no trade shenanigans) in the 3rd, and don't get Cottam or Morgan. They still draft Flowers in the 2nd, and the rest of the draft is the same.

    How exactly are the Chiefs weaker? They still have their LT/RG of the future. They don't have Dorsey, Morgan, or Cottam, but none of those three have been helpful this year so far. They, instead, have a 26-year-old stud DE.

    Do you really think Dorsey, Cottam, and Morgan are equal to JA right now? Wouldn't the Chiefs be better off with a real DE and not an ineffective DT and backup S and TE?

    If you really, really believe these three will exceed JA in value someday, you are in for severe disappointments.

    Signing JA, drafting a RT and LT/RG (depending on where you want to play Albert) sometime in the 3rd-7th rounds, and signing a free-agent DT were the obvious ways to go this offseason. Not what the Chiefs actually did.
    That is some theory. So you assume that Dorsey will never be able to match the value that Jared brought to the team. Cottam won't amount to much...hes only being drafted to replace Tony someday. Funny how we aren't paying anyone $74 million for 4 sacks this season. (I don't give him credit for Orlovsky running out the back of the endzone) Do you honestly believe that having JA would make us that much better this year? I don't see where you think JA is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has been average at best this season. But as you say, Dorsey and Cottam will never have the impact that got us to 9-7 and 4-12. I don't think that any of the personnel/draft choices were ever made with the intention of making a big run this season. Although no one expected this type of season, we are a team that is being built for the future. Kinda like Green Bay two or three years ago. I guess it is always easy to second guess everyone else's decisions, but no one really knows. It is all speculation, but I believe that the decisions that were are all in attempt to be a contender for years to come.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    That is some theory. So you assume that Dorsey will never be able to match the value that Jared brought to the team. Cottam won't amount to much...hes only being drafted to replace Tony someday. Funny how we aren't paying anyone $74 million for 4 sacks this season. (I don't give him credit for Orlovsky running out the back of the endzone) Do you honestly believe that having JA would make us that much better this year? I don't see where you think JA is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has been average at best this season. But as you say, Dorsey and Cottam will never have the impact that got us to 9-7 and 4-12. I don't think that any of the personnel/draft choices were ever made with the intention of making a big run this season. Although no one expected this type of season, we are a team that is being built for the future. Kinda like Green Bay two or three years ago. I guess it is always easy to second guess everyone else's decisions, but no one really knows. It is all speculation, but I believe that the decisions that were are all in attempt to be a contender for years to come.
    1. Jared Allen is being paid $72M for six years. Assuming the entire contract is played out without any renegotiation (which is an absurd stance), that would equal $12M/year. Which is an awful lot.

    Glenn Dorsey is being paid $51M for five years. Assuming the entire contract is played out without any renegotiation (which is an absurd stance), that would equal $10M/year.

    I cannot find the contract details for Cottam or Morgan, but I will be generous and say that they signed for an average of $1M/year.

    Financially, Cottam+Morgan+Dorsey = Allen for at least the next three years. The Chiefs did not save any money by this trade.

    2. Teams build for the future by having a strong DL, strong OL, and franchise QB. Look at every successful franchise in the NFL, and that is what they draft. They do not spend eight (edit) picks over three years for TE, S, and RB like Herm Edwards has done.

    3. I don't care that Cottam is intended to replace Tony G. someday. If he is, then the Chiefs are even dumber for not trading Tony at the deadline.

    Tony can play for two more years. If he does, then Cottam will be a FA (in two years) by the time he's able to start. How would this pick make any sense?

    4. Green Bay drafted a franchise QB years ahead of the curve. They consistently draft DL and OL. They did exactly what a rebuilding team should do. The Chiefs still ignore their QB and line problems. They are doing exactly what you do not do.

    5. Nothing I wrote was theoretical. It is what could actually have been done.

    6. The difference between attempting to contend and actually contending is trading stud DEs, ignoring line problems, and refusing to find a franchise QB.

    7. Anyone who was paying any attention expected this season.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 10-28-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •