Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    I don't think you should hold back so much, and quit being so reserved; tell us exactly what you think and how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    1. Jared Allen is being paid $72M for six years. Assuming the entire contract is played out without any renegotiation (which is an absurd stance), that would equal $12M/year. Which is an awful lot.

Glenn Dorsey is being paid $51M for five years. Assuming the entire contract is played out without any renegotiation (which is an absurd stance), that would equal $10M/year.

I cannot find the contract details for Cottam or Morgan, but I will be generous and say that they signed for an average of $1M/year.

Financially, Cottam+Morgan+Dorsey = Allen for at least the next three years. The Chiefs did not save any money by this trade.

2. Teams build for the future by having a strong DL, strong OL, and franchise QB. Look at every successful franchise in the NFL, and that is what they draft. They do not spend eight (edit) picks over three years for TE, S, and RB like Herm Edwards has done.

3. I don't care that Cottam is intended to replace Tony G. someday. If he is, then the Chiefs are even dumber for not trading Tony at the deadline.

Tony can play for two more years. If he does, then Cottam will be a FA (in two years) by the time he's able to start. How would this pick make any sense?

4. Green Bay drafted a franchise QB years ahead of the curve. They consistently draft DL and OL. They did exactly what a rebuilding team should do. The Chiefs still ignore their QB and line problems. They are doing exactly what you do not do.

5. Nothing I wrote was theoretical. It is what could actually have been done.

6. The difference between attempting to contend and actually contending is trading stud DEs, ignoring line problems, and refusing to find a franchise QB.

7. Anyone who was paying any attention expected this season.
    I guess you got it all figured out. You know all the wrong moves. You see how guys are going to end up three years down the road. You knew on draft day who the wrong guys were. I am sure that you second guess pretty much everything that has been done over the last few years to get us to this point. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. But these are still your opinions about what should have been done and they are your theories about how their next few years are gonna play out. That is almost the definition of a theory. I wish I believed that JA was the guy who would turn this franchise around and win championships, but the fact is his value at the time was worth the trade for a team that had no one at half the other positions on the field. I wish we could have kept him but trading him to address several needs is the way to rebuild a team.

As far as anyone paying attention expecting this season...I am sure you are someone who has something to pin on management and bit@h and complain about no matter what. I am sure it is easy for you to sit here and say I told ya so just because you complained about everything. But I am sure that you will be here admitting your error in judgement when we have a team that is out lightin' teams up every Sunday.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...when we have a team that is out lightin' teams up every Sunday.
    I'm for that!

Nite Crowd!

I guess you got it all figured out. You know all the wrong moves. You see how guys are going to end up three years down the road. You knew on draft day who the wrong guys were. I am sure that you second guess pretty much everything that has been done over the last few years to get us to this point. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. But these are still your opinions about what should have been done and they are your theories about how their next few years are gonna play out. That is almost the definition of a theory. I wish I believed that JA was the guy who would turn this franchise around and win championships, but the fact is his value at the time was worth the trade for a team that had no one at half the other positions on the field. I wish we could have kept him but trading him to address several needs is the way to rebuild a team.

As far as anyone paying attention expecting this season...I am sure you are someone who has something to pin on management and bit@h and complain about no matter what. I am sure it is easy for you to sit here and say I told ya so just because you complained about everything. But I am sure that you will be here admitting your error in judgement when we have a team that is out lightin' teams up every Sunday.
    If Dorsey turns out to be a stud, Cottam turns into the new Tony G., and DuJuan Wagner turns out to be a great SS, I'll eat my words happily. If the combination of those three players is anything near JA, I'll eat my words.

As of this moment, JA has five times as many sacks as our entire DL.

As of this moment, Cottam and Morgan have been inconsequential, and are buried behind a TE the Chiefs won't trade and a 23-year-old Pollard who the organization believeds is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At this moment, the Chiefs gained no salary benefits from the trade.

At this moment, the Chiefs have no prosoects for turning this around.

At this moment, the Chiefs are collossally untalented at most of the team's positions.

At this moment, the Chiefs RB of the present is being suspended (and will be cut) and their RB of the future is hurt.

At this moment, the most talented Chiefs players, Waters and Tony, look as if they'll retire before coming back to this mess.

At this moment, the Chiefs have nothing even resembling a long-term solution to problem at QB, 2WR, LG, RG, RB, RT, LDE, RDE, 2DT, MLB, ROLB, or FS.

At this moment, the Chiefs are still tearing down the team, not rebuilding it.

At this moment, the Chiefs have a has-been at DC and a never was at OC.

At this moment, the Chiefs have a head coach that couldn't coach pop warner.

What do the Chiefs have, exactly? What makes you think the people who sunk us in this mess can turn it around? What have they done that's good for the Chiefs?

The Chiefs will never, never, never, never, never, never, never turn this around with CP and Herm Edwards. Ever. EVER. Three years from now, people will be criticizing me for bringing up mistakes like trading JA and drafting Dorsey instead of focusing on the current rebuilding project.

Unless the Chiefs change this entire climate of losing, this franchise will be no better than the Lions, Bengals, or perennial losers.

If Dorsey turns out to be a stud, Cottam turns into the new Tony G., and DuJuan Wagner turns out to be a great SS, I'll eat my words happily. If the combination of those three players is anything near JA, I'll eat my words.

As of this moment, Cottam and Morgan have been inconsequential, and are buried behind a TE the Chiefs won't trade and a 23-year-old Pollard who the organization believeds is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At this moment, the Chiefs are collossally untalented at most of the team's positions.

At this moment, the Chiefs RB of the present is being suspended (and will be cut) and their RB of the future is hurt.

At this moment, the most talented Chiefs players, Waters and Tony, look as if they'll retire before coming back to this mess.

At this moment, the Chiefs have nothing even resembling a long-term solution to problem at QB, 2WR, LG, RG, RB, RT, LDE, RDE, 2DT, MLB, ROLB, or FS.

What do the Chiefs have, exactly? What makes you think the people who sunk us in this mess can turn it around? What have they done that's good for the Chiefs?

The Chiefs will never, never, never, never, never, never, never turn this around with CP and Herm Edwards. Ever. EVER. Three years from now, people will be criticizing me for bringing up mistakes like trading JA and drafting Dorsey instead of focusing on the current rebuilding project.

Unless the Chiefs change this entire climate of losing, this franchise will be no better than the Lions, Bengals, or perennial losers.
    for one jared was not happy here at all yeah you can put that on carls head, but to say we have nothing to build on i think you better revaluate these players. brandon flowers up for rookie of the week brandon carr solid branden albert improving brad cottam showed some signs this weekend the fullback cox has picked up the transaction to the nfl ok. dorsey dont even judge yet look at demario williams it took him a year to become what he is now and usually takes most defensive lineman longer. i agree that herm and carl need to go

This is the stuff that makes me laugh. We have had two losing seasons. TWO!! And you are gonna compare us to those teams. And I am supposed to believe that you know what you are talking about after that statement. And if I remember correctly, out present management brought us a few teams witht the potential to win. How come that is impossible now? I am not saying I want to keep them, I am just curious why they won't ever be able to do it again.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

, out present management brought us a few teams witht the potential to win.

I am just curious why they won't ever be able to do it again.
    Our management has done jack squat. One playoff win in 20 years is a spit in the face to the Chief loyal. Simply having winning seasons isnt near good enough standards for Chiefs fans.

Herm inhereted a good team who went 9-7 then 4-12 now this year is looking to be even worse. He wont be able to do it again because he should never have the chance to do it again. He should be drawing unemployment right now with rest of the management.

This is the stuff that makes me laugh. We have had two losing seasons. TWO!! And you are gonna compare us to those teams. And I am supposed to believe that you know what you are talkinabout after that statement. And if I remember correctly, out present management brought us a few teams witht the potential to win. How come that is impossible now? I am not saying I want to keep them, I am just curious why they won't ever be able to do it again.
    i guess some people cant stand the heat i think he is overlooking one thing as well and that is the pride of being a chief and a chief fan to put the chiefs franchise in the same category as the lions and bengals wow you are trying to put us all the way down there total differant clubhouse i know one thing neither of those teams have our fanbase that alone makes it non transpareable

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Our management has done jack squat. One playoff win in 20 years is a spit in the face to the Chief loyal. Simply having winning seasons isnt near good enough standards for Chiefs fans.

Herm inhereted a good team who went 9-7 then 4-12 now this year is looking to be even worse. He wont be able to do it again because he should never have the chance to do it again. He should be drawing unemployment right now with rest of the management.
    So you consider us to be in the same category as the Lions, Bungals etc...? But you are right, we went 13-3 in the playoffs and lost in Round 1 because of Carl. And then in the 94 playoffs, we lost becuase of Carl. Good thing the players never have to be accountable with you guys.

Tied for 14th in the league with 5 others. So what.
    They are being groomed to replace departing players. Its called rebuilding a football team.
    But we didn't have to give out 30 mil guarenteed money.
    Bullsh!t.
    Bullsh!t.
    LJ was a mistake. And injuries happen. Smith, Savage, and Battle will step up.
    Uh, thats why we got Cottam and Albert for Allen.
    We got Thig, Bradley, Charles, Hali, McBride, Tyler, Dorsey, Williams, Morgan, McGraw. OL problems are already well documented. You must not be watching the same team I have been...
    Bullsh!t.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Its called rebuilding through the draft.
    Trading JA IS focusing on the current rebuilding project.
    Three years from now the Chiefs will be winning playoff games and making a run for the superbowl due to the development of young players acquired in the draft.
    I'm sure you and people like you will change your attitude when we start winning games again. And we will.
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast