Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So you consider us to be in the same category as the Lions, Bungals etc...? But you are right, we went 13-3 in the playoffs and lost in Round 1 because of Carl. And then in the 94 playoffs, we lost becuase of Carl. Good thing the players never have to be accountable with you guys.
    I didnt say that we are in the same category.

And as far as the accountability goes. Yes, I do hold the players accountable...but I hold the ones who decide what players are on the field to a higher accountability.

We have a history of unexplainable roster management. Rich Gannon being the most glaring obvious.

For Example:

a) We got rid of Donnie Edwards in his prime,( then take him back when hes cashed).

b) Waste our First round pic on LJ when we had Priest when we needed D pics. ( I dont care if Priest was hurt or not, our D needed help).

c) I still dont see why we had to get rid of Micheal Bennett. Right now hes sitting on the sidelines of TB rotting away and he was good to us. It would be nice have him now.

These are just random things at the top of my head, the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 10-29-2008 at 09:01 AM.

And if I remember right. We trade Draft pick with the Steelers? and we took LJ in the late 20's and The Steelers took
    Troy Polamalu

with our spot!!!!!

Ya ok LJ is a stuf but think of what it would of been like to go after OUR need that year in D players and if we would of picked Polamalu??????

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

And if I remember right. We trade Draft pick with the Steelers? and we took LJ in the late 20's and The Steelers took
    Troy Polamalu

with our spot!!!!!

Ya ok LJ is a stuf but think of what it would of been like to go after OUR need that year in D players and if we would of picked Polamalu??????
    No doubt.
    SHUT IT

wow jared allen has 20 sacks holy sh!t maybe we should have kept him, lol

actually he only has 5 noob!!!!!!

Misread, lol, our d line.... but 5 sacks isnt a strong enough point considering his contract and where we are in the season

lol, just looked it up our d line has 2 so jared allen doesnt have 10 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I didnt say that we are in the same category.

And as far as the accountability goes. Yes, I do hold the players accountable...but I hold the ones who decide what players are on the field to a higher accountability.

We have a history of unexplainable roster management. Rich Gannon being the most glaring obvious.

For Example:

a) We got rid of Donnie Edwards in his prime,( then take him back when hes cashed).

b) Waste our First round pic on LJ when we had Priest when we needed D pics. ( I dont care if Priest was hurt or not, our D needed help).

c) I still dont see why we had to get rid of Micheal Bennett. Right now hes sitting on the sidelines of TB rotting away and he was good to us. It would be nice have him now.

These are just random things at the top of my head, the list goes on and on.
    I am not defending management, my point was that JMLamerson put us in the same catergory as the lion bungals etc
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    At this moment, the Chiefs have nothing even resembling a long-term solution to problem at QB, 2WR, LG, RG, RB, RT, LDE, RDE, 2DT, MLB, ROLB, or FS.
    We got Thig, Bradley, Charles, Hali, McBride, Tyler, Dorsey, Williams, Morgan, McGraw. OL problems are already well documented. You must not be watching the same team I have been...
    I have to respond to this bit of extreme delusion, and to everyone else defending the trade of JA.

Glenn Dorsey got $23M of guarenteed money. JA got $30M. JA > Glenn Dorsey + $7M for the next 6-7 years. Dorsey is getting destroyed each and every weekend. I do think, like most DTs, he will get better in time. By "in time," I mean in his 2nd contract - like most DTs not named Sapp or Hayensworth. The Chiefs will have paid him oodles of money to get through his learning curve. Instead of signing a double-digit sacker for the next six years.

Right now, JA is on pace to get 10 to 11 sacks in a new defense this season. The Chiefs entire DL is on pace to 4-5 sacks this entire season (or 1 per lineman). Does anyone reading this really think we got a fair trade out of this?

Tyler Thigpen is not our QB of the future. He may (and I emphasize "may") turn out to be a servicable stopgap while we groom a QB of the future. But he does not have the tools to start 16 games a season for a NFL team.

Jamaal Charles may become a decent 3rd down back. He's a Leon Washington sort of player. He can't even finish one game right now as a full time back without getting some sort of injury. He isn't a guy you can call our RB of the future.

Tank, Hali, and Tyler are miserable against the run and cannot pressure the QB. They were wasted picks. They will not pan out into anything special. They got run over by the Titans for 334 yards. Why do people think they are anything but massive busts?

Explain to me how it makes any sense to draft a TE (Cottam) in the 3rd round (instead of OL) and then sit that TE behind Tony G., especially if you are turning down all trade offers for Tony G. Cottam's contract is up in 2010. If Tony G. can't play to 2010, then trade him for what you can get (a third rounder). If Tony G. can play to 2010, then all you drafted was the right to sign Cottam as a free agent. This whole sequence of events was idiotic.

Bradley has already washed out of the Bears, who aren't exactly awash with great receivers. Bradley caught a TD in a spread offense. Whoopee. That doesn't make him a long-term starter. If he pans out, then the Chiefs got a steal. Exactly how many Chiefs free agents have panned out in the past three years?

DuJuan Morgan is too slow to play FS. He is a natural SS. The Chiefs invested a 2nd rounder in Pollard in 2006 to be the SS of the future. How much sense does it make to use a 3rd rounder on a SS instead of an offensive lineman? And just like with Cottam, Morgan's contract is up in 2010. Do you expect him to replace the 23-year-old Pollard before 2010?

McGraw???? Really???? Besides his health issues (he's only finished one 16-game season), and his age (29 years old - a little too old to be a major component of a youth movement), he just isn't that good. A solid enough backup, but not exactly a future star.

Finally, as to Williams, like McGraw, he's 28-years-old - a bit too old to be called part of the youth movement. It doesn't help that he isn't very good. He's on pace for 60 tackles this season. And he's a building block of the future? He couldn't make most teams as a tackling dummy.

Look, pretending the Chiefs just need a tweak is ridiculous. I've been watching a team that is overmatched in its coaching and in its talent. Damon Huard, Tony G., DJ, Pollard, and LJ willed them to one victory this year. Three of those will not be on the team next year. DJ may not be here in two years.

The Chiefs are like the Isiah Thomas Knicks. They have drafted the wrong people for the wrong positions. They have signed idiotic extensions, made idiotic free agent contracts, and made idiotic trades. Their coach and GM are laughingstocks. They have a devoted fanbase that is getting fed up.

Don't pretend everything is going to be OK. Or that the Chiefs are three years away from a championship. They were lucky to win one game this season. Unless they change their GM and coach and get some talent, they'll be lucky to do that next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am not defending management, my point was that JMLamerson put us in the same catergory as the lion bungals etc
    Our current management is as bad or worse than the Lions/Bengals current management. The Bengals were once a SB-worthy NFL franchise who were done in by poor management and are now a laughingstock. The Chiefs are headed in the exact same direction. All three teams have gone a very long time without a playoff win.

None of these teams are able to put forth a competitive team in today's NFL.

I will put Carl Peterson/Herm Edwards against any other GM/Coach in history as being the most destructive to a franchise.

Its funny to me how you still seem to think that the sun rises and sets on Jared. You have a long winded post about how underacheiving all of the chiefs are yet Jared has 4 sacks and he is the key to turning it all around for us. You can quote numbers and stats all day but it does not change the fact that we adressed several needs with the trade of Jared Allen. We got the best D lineman in the draft, we got a great O lineman and corners, TE, etc...You are projecting what these guys are going to do this year. NEWS FLASH...we all know they are not doing great this year, but they are rookies. You say we won't be good in three years cause everyone good is going to leave. Another great theory. I guess you could be right. Nothing is going to be OK. Everyone who said we had one of the best drafts this year is dead wrong and you...you got it right. you can see what no one else can. Guess you showed us all what is going to happen!! thanks for your insight and telling us all!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast