Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

Default Herm coaches Chiefs to another loss.

5 minutes left in the game. A couple first downs away from a guaranteed win or just 1 first down away from making it very difficult to lose. What do we do? Play action bootleg which worked great all day. NO. A quick sideline pass on 2nd or 3rd down for 4 yards like we had been getting all day. NO. Maybe we should come out in a passing formation and run or a running formation and pass. NO. How about run to the left 3 times and punt it. Thats what Herm / Chan did. Thats why we lost. We gave BRETT FAVRE a football with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a football game. Herm should know what happens when those events occur. He coached in Tampa for years, played against Brett a few times. Oh, how could I forget. This happened last year didnt it? Against Brett, right?
    In the post game press conference Herm Edwards (like usual) took all the blame off of himself, saying: We thought we could run the ball at that time and Kolby slipped on 3rd down or he would have got it. My bad Herm. I forgot. Its all Kolbys fault. HOLD ON. Did you say "I thought we could run the ball," because last time I checked, we couldnt run all day. JC had one good run and other than that the running game was nothing. Herm continued to say that If DJ didnt drop that pick in the red zone that this was a much different ball game. How bout this you spineless b.asterd. If we would of went for it on one of the four, 4th and 1's, it could have been a different game. Herm Edwards is spineless, scared, content and arrogant and when you mix that all up with bad clock management, you become a giant peice of worthless crap.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    How is this difficult for you to understand?
    The only thing you have posted that is difficult to understand is why you have ripped on pretty much every single rookie we have without any real knowledge of how those picks are going to turn out. You are assumiong they are a bust. Your obvious hatred for our management has clouded your vision completely. You are comparing us to teams who have been perennial losers for decades. Sorry if I have a hard time agreeing with that. I have said MANY times that I am not defending CP or Herm. I think their time is up, but whether you agree with it or not, CP has brough some good football teams to KC. Granted he does not have the vast knowledge that you have, but then again he is not second guessing other peoples decisions. You say we have no talent on the field, I think you are watching aonther team.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

we're 1-6 not 1-15. Big difference. 9 games to go. We may muster up a win or two. Damn, and I though I was pessimestic.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 10-29-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The only thing you have posted that is difficult to understand is why you have ripped on pretty much every single rookie we have without any real knowledge of how those picks are going to turn out. You are assumiong they are a bust. Your obvious hatred for our management has clouded your vision completely. You are comparing us to teams who have been perennial losers for decades. Sorry if I have a hard time agreeing with that. I have said MANY times that I am not defending CP or Herm. I think their time is up, but whether you agree with it or not, CP has brough some good football teams to KC. Granted he does not have the vast knowledge that you have, but then again he is not second guessing other peoples decisions. You say we have no talent on the field, I think you are watching aonther team.
    1. I have never said Albert, Carr, or Flowers were anything but good choices. I have said that Albert should be moved to RG and a proper LT found.

2. It isn't that Dorsey, Morgan, Charles, Cottam, and the rest of our 2008 draft was made up of necessarily bad players. They are just wasted picks on our team (although some, like Johnston, Robinson, and Richardson are bad players).

We drafted TEs (2!), DTs, Ss, RBs, and other project players instead of what we needed. The Chiefs will not see any benefit from these picks because established players will be ahead of them for their entire contract, or because they are project players who will not be fully productive until their 2nd contracts.

This isn't a terribly difficult thing to understand. Good GMs understand it. Bad ones don't.

What did the Chiefs need going into the 2008 draft? We needed starters at LT, RG, RT, RDE, QB, CB, and OLB. We drafted CB (Flowers and Carr) and LT (Albert). We did draft busts (is anyone calling them different) at RT (Richardson) and RDE (Johnston). We also drafted DT, TE (2!), RB, S, WRs. We wasted all but three picks out of thirteen on players we didn't need or who are outright busts.

We did not need backup safeties, running backs, or tight ends in the 3rd round instead of QB, RG, and RT.

3. The Bengals and Lions were considered good teams until about 1990. They fell apart into bad teams because of poor management.

4. The Chiefs have very, very few players on this team that could start elsewhere in the NFL. Tyler Thigpen does not start on any other NFL team. Our o-line, except Albert and Waters, does not start on any other NFL team. Bradley does not start on any other NFL team.

There are 31 other teams with better players than the Chiefs have at QB, 2WR, RG, RT, LDE, and MLB.

There are at least 24 other teams with better players than the Chiefs have at RB, FB, C, RDE, ROLB, 1DT, 2DT, and FS.

The Chiefs have (at their position) top 20 players at arguably 1WR (Bowe), TE (Gonzo), Colquitt (P), LOLB (DJ), and LG (Waters). They have young players who are showing promise at 1CB (Flowers), 2CB (Carr), LT/RG (Albert), KR (Savage), C (Niswanger) and arguably SS (Pollard). They also have project players in Charles, Dorsey, Cottam, and Morgan - none of whom in intended to be a great force for the Chiefs over the next few years.

That. Is. It.

Even assuming Gonzo and Waters don't retire (a pretty big assumption), this is not the foundation for a rebuilding team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    we're 1-6 not 1-15. Big difference. 9 games to go. We may muster up a win or two. Damn, and I though I was pessimestic.
    I think he means going back to last year too (1-15 in the past 16 games).

After getting blown out 2 games in a row and considering our rather hard schedule remaining, I was getting a little pessimistic that we might end up around 2-14 to 3-13 this year. But Thigpen surprised us and we nearly upset the Jets on the road. Plus the Donks and Dolts are playing badly (And hey, we are 1-0 against them so far this year ) so I think our 4 remaining divisional games are far more winable than before. We also have the Bengals. And home games against the Dolphins and Saints, winable games too if we played like last week. Not saying we won't finish with 4 or less wins, but I think there's a reasonable chance we could start doing better the rest of the way (even if we lose a lot of close ones, just to avoid any (or many) more of those type games we had against Carolina, Atlanta, and Tennessee would be good to see).

I'm glad we plan to use that spread offense again this week against the Bucs. And with a good defense like theirs, our usual conventional runs down the middle would probably result in mostly 3 and outs anyway.

Should also help that TB hasn't been to Arrowhead since 1986. But too bad that they aren't coming to KC a few weeks later (TB has always lost so many games when the weather is cold but this Sunday the forecast is for 70 degrees).

Another bright spot on the upcoming Bucs game:

They are 5-3 and we are 1-6 so at first glance that looks troublesome. BUT, on the road they are 1-3 and at home we are 1-2. So our home record is better than their road record. :)

LET'S GO KC CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I was screaming at the TV when this stupid play calling came up. What kind of idiot does Herm have to be to make those idiotic calls. Run out the clock my a$$!. Herm knows who he was up against, and he knew our defense was not going to be able to stop Favre. Yeah we had a couple of good defensive plays, but overall, the Jets walked all over our defense.

Damnit anyway, I am so sick and tired of this sorry-a$ excuse for a head coach I could just scream!!!

Yep; My New MANTRA:

"Our Players Are Better Than Our Coaches".

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I think he means going back to last year too (1-15 in the past 16 games).

After getting blown out 2 games in a row and considering our rather hard schedule remaining, I was getting a little pessimistic that we might end up around 2-14 to 3-13 this year. But Thigpen surprised us and we nearly upset the Jets on the road. Plus the Donks and Dolts are playing badly (And hey, we are 1-0 against them so far this year ) so I think our 4 remaining divisional games are far more winable than before. We also have the Bengals. And home games against the Dolphins and Saints, winable games too if we played like last week. Not saying we won't finish with 4 or less wins, but I think there's a reasonable chance we could start doing better the rest of the way (even if we lose a lot of close ones, just to avoid any (or many) more of those type games we had against Carolina, Atlanta, and Tennessee would be good to see).

I'm glad we plan to use that spread offense again this week against the Bucs. And with a good defense like theirs, our usual conventional runs down the middle would probably result in mostly 3 and outs anyway.

Should also help that TB hasn't been to Arrowhead since 1986. But too bad that they aren't coming to KC a few weeks later (TB has always lost so many games when the weather is cold but this Sunday the forecast is for 70 degrees).
    Our best chance at winning games are against teams with bad defenses. That way, we'll be able to get some points and see if the opponent can make some mistakes to help us out.

Good defenses will be tough for us. Unlike against teams with bad defenses, we'll be forced to get turnovers to keep their defense on the field and wear them out. Some lucky breaks will have to happen, as well.

The Bucs offense is in the same area as ours, so I'm not too concerned with them running away with this one. At most, it'll be a 2-score game. If we can get a few lucky turnovers and some breaks, we could steal it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Matt Millen took the Lions from 9-7 to 2-14. Carl/Herm has taken this team from 10-6 to 1-15.

Matt Millen may have drafted very, very poorly - but he drafted better than Carl/Herm.

I would take the Lions right now against the Chiefs on a neutral field.
    what are you smoking from your post all i can tell about you is that you are a CHIEF HATER GET THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE you lions fan once again you are high in the night

I think that there is alot that is being over-looked about Jared Allen. As Chiefs fans, I expect that you are all aware of the fact that he broke-up alot of plays for us, against the run, and the pass.

Ever watched him swat passes from the air, when he didn't get to the QB?

Ever notice him causing fumbles?

Ever see him chasing-down runs from the opposite side of the field?

Jared became the proto-type at DE while he was with us. And all anyone seems to see right now is sacks. There is so much more to it than that.

Let's account for the fact that Hali got alot of extra sacks from JA flushing QBs from the pocket. While doing that, maybe we can see the same thing happening in Minn. right now, as Kevin Williams currently has twice as many (6) sacks as he had all season in '07. (3)

Just look at the actual results so far. How is our defense doing? Does it suck worse than last season? Is it pretty-much as bad as it was under Vermiel?

Really? Even with the addition of Dorsey?

That is how much of an impact that JA had on this team. He left, and we are crap without him.

Trading Allen, a proven commodity at a position that is hard to fill (pass-rusher), for any number of unproven rookies is pretty risky. But we are talking about one 1st, and a couple of 3rds. Not exactly the cream of the crop.

Value-wise, I say we made a big mistake.
    But then, I say it from every angle of the JA subject.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that there is alot that is being over-looked about Jared Allen. As Chiefs fans, I expect that you are all aware of the fact that he broke-up alot of plays for us, against the run, and the pass.

Ever watched him swat passes from the air, when he didn't get to the QB?

Ever notice him causing fumbles?

Ever see him chasing-down runs from the opposite side of the field?

Jared became the proto-type at DE while he was with us. And all anyone seems to see right now is sacks. There is so much more to it than that.

Let's account for the fact that Hali got alot of extra sacks from JA flushing QBs from the pocket. While doing that, maybe we can see the same thing happening in Minn. right now, as Kevin Williams currently has twice as many (6) sacks as he had all season in '07. (3)

Just look at the actual results so far. How is our defense doing? Does it suck worse than last season? Is it pretty-much as bad as it was under Vermiel?

Really? Even with the addition of Dorsey?

That is how much of an impact that JA had on this team. He left, and we are crap without him.

Trading Allen, a proven commodity at a position that is hard to fill (pass-rusher), for any number of unproven rookies is pretty risky. But we are talking about one 1st, and a couple of 3rds. Not exactly the cream of the crop.

Value-wise, I say we made a big mistake.
    But then, I say it from every angle of the JA subject.
    I agree completely with your post. Especially the Hali take. I have never been impressed with the guy and have said to myself over and over; another "eye for talent" pick that is doing basically...nothing. Last year was without doubt his best year and gee, JA was on the other side drawing double teams, blowing up plays and making life hell for the opposing QB. All on a team that couldn't wipe its arse, let alone win games. Yep, getting rid of that baggage JA has really helped the disposition and overall performance of the defense. I had no idea how much he held back this team with his sub par play. To semi quote Herm from a press conference last season; You know, he was only drafted as a long snapper. You know, a long snapper. A long snapper. That's what he was, a long snapper.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast