Thread: New group

Default New group

Hello all,
    My name is Jack McCord, I am the publicity person for the City Theatre of Independence and am a board member for the Missouri Association of Community Theatres.
    I am also a lifelong Chiefs/Royals fan. I remember my stepfather firing a shotgun in the air in the backyard when the Chiefs won the superbowl. He also took me to my first football game: The longest game between the Chiefs and Dolphins in the playoffs in 71. He also took me to the Royals very first game ever against the Twins in 69. I was blessed by having a man that would do that for me.
    I would like to form a type of foundation where, people that don't want their ticket anymore for a certain game can give it to the foundation and we will find a family that would love to see the game.
    I can form the foundation and get a non-profit certification which means that anyone that donates tickets could get a tax letter, so they can deduct from their taxes the price of the tickets from their taxes.
    Why did I think of this...I'm an exterminator...I go to the inner-city a lot. I see houses that are beyond horrendous and I see Chiefs and Royals posters on the bedroom walls of these children and I thought, these kids will never even get to see a pro game.
    I'd like to change that with your help.
    I can't afford the tickets but I do know the people that can use them.
    I'd like to start this locally and if it grows go nationally with it. But, I'm starting from the ground up.
    If you'd like to donate a ticket or two to the cause, lemme know, and if there is enough response...I will form this as a foundation. Please, lemme know.
    The way I see this working is: you tell me the game and where the seat is. I will then contact you that I have a taker. Then it would be your option whether you would like that child to contact you with thanx. I will pick up the tix and deliver to the child.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanx,
    Jack

Sounds like a great thing you are doing Jack!

I wish you luck, but I don't have any tickets to give, sorry.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

no tickets here either, but you get rep! keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by cptjack View Post
    Hello all,
    My name is Jack McCord, I am the publicity person for the City Theatre of Independence and am a board member for the Missouri Association of Community Theatres.
    I am also a lifelong Chiefs/Royals fan. I remember my stepfather firing a shotgun in the air in the backyard when the Chiefs won the superbowl. He also took me to my first football game: The longest game between the Chiefs and Dolphins in the playoffs in 71. He also took me to the Royals very first game ever against the Twins in 69. I was blessed by having a man that would do that for me.
    I would like to form a type of foundation where, people that don't want their ticket anymore for a certain game can give it to the foundation and we will find a family that would love to see the game.
    I can form the foundation and get a non-profit certification which means that anyone that donates tickets could get a tax letter, so they can deduct from their taxes the price of the tickets from their taxes.
    Why did I think of this...I'm an exterminator...I go to the inner-city a lot. I see houses that are beyond horrendous and I see Chiefs and Royals posters on the bedroom walls of these children and I thought, these kids will never even get to see a pro game.
    I'd like to change that with your help.
    I can't afford the tickets but I do know the people that can use them.
    I'd like to start this locally and if it grows go nationally with it. But, I'm starting from the ground up.
    If you'd like to donate a ticket or two to the cause, lemme know, and if there is enough response...I will form this as a foundation. Please, lemme know.
    The way I see this working is: you tell me the game and where the seat is. I will then contact you that I have a taker. Then it would be your option whether you would like that child to contact you with thanx. I will pick up the tix and deliver to the child.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanx,
    Jack
    Sounds like a great idea, and if you really want some credibility, introduce yourself in the new member forum, and really join the Crowd.

That's awesome Jack.

Having worked for the KCMO Water Dept. for 7 years, and working on the east side of town regularly; I've been inside plenty of those houses and apartments myself.

It's sad enough to see adults living like that. But when kids, especially little ones are involved, it doesn't do much to bolster your faith in your fellow man.

I'm out in Arizona and barely scraping by just like most everyone else, but my folks( who I've asked a million times not to do it )always pad my Christmas package with a wad of cash. If you and the kids don't mind braving the cold, I'd be more than happy to pony up a couple of tickets to the cause.

It's important for kids who don't generally get to experience or see grand, larger than life things like Arrowhead to have that kind of treat now and then.
    It promotes imagination and lifts the spirit.
    Yep; count me in.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Good luck jack! Nice work your trying to get done! Along with the others, I dont have any tickets either.

I dont have any tickets personally, but when I hear of any that other people have, I will let you know.

Its awesome that you are doing something that is so easily taken for granted!

I think you have a great idea and hope you are legitimate. I would like to help you with your project. I will send you a PM shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Sounds like a great idea, and if you really want some credibility, introduce yourself in the new member forum, and really join the Crowd.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think you have a great idea and hope you are legitimate. I would like to help you with your project. I will send you a PM shortly.
    Agreed it is a great idea if legitimate intentions can be established. It is nothing personal cptjack, we simply have to take every precaution against scam artists; not that I am in anyway insinuating that is what you are.

Welcome to the Crowd BTW.