Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culpepper to work out for Chiefs

Default Culpepper to work out for Chiefs

According to ESPN and fox sports, Culpepper is going to KC to take a physical and discuss contracts. Dont know if Thigpen's play will have any effect on this or not.

stay at home your services and your selfish attitude are not wanted

Thigpen seemed to do all right this weekend. It will be interesting to see if that holds up, but I'm curious as to why Culpepper is even coming to work out. Didn't we just sign Quinn Gray? Granted, with our offensive line, we should probably have 6 or 7 QBs ready, but Culpepper would make the 4th, wouldn't he? (Not counting Huard and Croyle, which would make 6)

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Thigpen seemed to do all right this weekend. It will be interesting to see if that holds up, but I'm curious as to why Culpepper is even coming to work out. Didn't we just sign Quinn Gray? Granted, with our offensive line, we should probably have 6 or 7 QBs ready, but Culpepper would make the 4th, wouldn't he? (Not counting Huard and Croyle, which would make 6)

jb
    The impression I get from the comments that the Chiefs staff have made is that they dont think Ingle Martin is good enough to make it off the practice squad. He is the 2nd string by attrition only.

I am worried now Thigpen will lose confidence if we sign someone else, or start giving Gray 1st string reps. Itll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yeah, you really don't want to start having a battle for the #1 spot at this point in the season, really...

jb

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

We signed Grey as a backup and possibly a starter. When they bring in Dante for a work out I dont think that Tyler should be worried. As long as he does well then he will be the starter. He should understand that the team needs help. ATM? He is the starter and it will take weeks before anyone else is ready to learn and run the offense. Although, we need some veteran back ups. I think it will be healthy for the competition of the position. In the end? Whats wrong with having 3 possible starters? I think its better than what we had with Huard. I think Herm was trying to squeek 1 more year outta Huard.

ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are considering giving Culpepper a multi year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The impression I get from the comments that the Chiefs staff have made is that they dont think Ingle Martin is good enough to make it off the practice squad. He is the 2nd string by attrition only.

I am worried now Thigpen will lose confidence if we sign someone else, or start giving Gray 1st string reps. Itll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I don't think he will lose confidence. This is the NFL and he has only had one good game. I don't think that he expects to be named the starter just because he almost won a game. I hope the competition will improve his play.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I don't think he will lose confidence. This is the NFL and he has only had one good game. I don't think that he expects to be named the starter just because he almost won a game. I hope the competition will improve his play.
    Well said Canada! That was the point I was trying to make!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Well said Canada! That was the point I was trying to make!
    You know what they say...Great minds and all!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast