Thread: Chiefs vs Jets game/ my thoughts

Default Chiefs vs Jets game/ my thoughts

I just watched the game again on the sunday ticket short takes. The Chiefs as a team did not lose this game, the coaching staff calling the plays did.

A few things, Flowers, Bowe, Cottom , Charles , Bradley , Thigpen, and of course Gonzalez all played an excellent game. Also props to Savage, and the new kicker Barth.

Bowe, Charles , and Flowers are all going to be superstars in this league.

I think if we do not let Thigpen continue to start it is a mistake. I've liked what I've seen from this kid since preseason and yesterday he began to get the feel for the game. His passes were accurate, he did not make stupid plays with the ball, he did not turn the ball over. Also his scrambling ability is a big plus. Yes it was only one game, but he needs to start again next week and see if he can play like that again. That was one of the best QB performances I've seen from a Chiefs QB in quite a while.

I know we signed Quinn Gray but I think it's a mistake to let him take over if Thigpen keeps playing like he did against the Jets.

PS: Joe Namath is a Douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    I just watched the game again on the sunday ticket short takes. The Chiefs as a team did not lose this game, the coaching staff calling the plays did.

A few things, Flowers, Bowe, Cottom , Charles , Bradley , Thigpen, and of course Gonzalez all played an excellent game. Also props to Savage, and the new kicker Barth.

Bowe, Charles , and Flowers are all going to be superstars in this league.

I think if we do not let Thigpen continue to start it is a mistake. I've liked what I've seen from this kid since preseason and yesterday he began to get the feel for the game. His passes were accurate, he did not make stupid plays with the ball, he did not turn the ball over. Also his scrambling ability is a big plus. Yes it was only one game, but he needs to start again next week and see if he can play like that again. That was one of the best QB performances I've seen from a Chiefs QB in quite a while.

I know we signed Quinn Gray but I think it's a mistake to let him take over if Thigpen keeps playing like he did against the Jets.

Well if the kid starts againt Tampa Bay this weekend, we will see how good he really is. Tampa is number 5 on pass defense and number 8 in rush defense.

He did not look good against Atlanta, but I would be willing to chalk that up to first starting game jitters, but he will have his hands full against Tampa this weekend and that will be the true test.

Herm's youngins showed up to play football.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Herm's youngins showed up to play football.
    These aren't Herms' youngins Timsatt1. Herm lost this team some time ago. These guys are playing for pride and future employment - not Herm.
    They played to win last sunday - despite Herm.
    And they will win this sunday!! Despite Herm.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    Joe is NOT a douche bag!!!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>