Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 49er

Sweets Guest

Default Team 49er

Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Chiefster, this is NOT an official team board which is what I was alluding to, I have been on the "OFFICIAL" 49er board where you are banned or moderated when you post things that they think is against the players or team.

As I said I respect Canada and his opinion and I will continue to do so.

Ok, I misinterpreted your use of the term "Official" to mean a single team board; which is mainly what we are.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Sorry if I do not agree with you on that one, but now you are telling me the Faders are gonna be better. I think you might still have time to delete that post.
    Never said better. Just implied that San Diego and Denver are going to be heads and tails above us this season. It kills me to give the donkeys any credit but i think they are a much improved team.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Never said better. Just implied that San Diego and Denver are going to be heads and tails above us this season. It kills me to give the donkeys any credit but i think they are a much improved team.
    Until they sweep us, I can't agree that either one of them are better than us. Neither one of them beat us twice last year and neither one of them did any better in the playoff than us.

Until they sweep us, I can't agree that either one of them are better than us. Neither one of them beat us twice last year and neither one of them did any better in the playoff than us.
    Better than us meaning finishing the season with better records! Not head to head, although I wouldn't bet on the Chiefs in either of those series this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Better than us meaning finishing the season with better records! Not head to head, although I wouldn't bet on the Chiefs in either of those series this season.
    I would happily wager at least a split in both of those series this and every year. As for overall records, that means nothing. (Please do not take this the wrong way.) If you want to compare these teams then head to head is the only way to see who is better, and like I said I would take the Chiefs to split them with both teams

I would happily wager at least a split in both of those series this and every year. As for overall records, that means nothing. (Please do not take this the wrong way.) If you want to compare these teams then head to head is the only way to see who is better, and like I said I would take the Chiefs to split them with both teams
    They might very well split. They do most of the time but at the end of the day, records do matter. If you win the division, you are better off than the teams that don't!

You can't possibly disagree with this can you?

Yes, that is why i find it confusing that you relegate the Chiefs to third without a doubt when we were second in the division and made the playoffs and split the series with both of those teams. Records matter. I get that but the better teams beat the worse teams and i have not seen either of those teams dominate the Chiefs. I disagree with you and anyone who tells me right now that we do not have a chance at winning our division this year.

Yes, that is why i find it confusing that you relegate the Chiefs to third without a doubt when we were second in the division and made the playoffs and split the series with both of those teams. Records matter. I get that but the better teams beat the worse teams and i have not seen either of those teams dominate the Chiefs. I disagree with you and anyone who tells me right now that we do not have a chance at winning our division this year.
    You realize that we play other teams that are not in our in our division right?

I guess what I'm saying is that at this point in time, San Diego is IMO, the best team(will end up with the best record) in our division. Denver has done SUBSTANTIALLY more to improve their team this off season than the Chiefs.

Let me ask you this, were the Chiefs as good as the Chargers last season?

Head to head...yes. I have not at any point said that San Diego is a bad team. I never said Denver was a bad team. However I think that Kansas City is as good...you do not. That is where our opinions differ and you will not change my mind or tell me I am wrong. And yes I realize that we play other teams...I know records count and I still think the Chiefs will compete for the division title. I know it is all about numbers for you, but if we had won at Indy in the playoffs and then beat NE before losing in the AFC Championship with a 9-7 record and SD finished 14-2 and lost first round. Who would be the better team? My point is records are what get you into the playoffs. I have seen Denver make changes, I will wait until the season before I say that they have done enough to be better than the Chiefs. SD did not do any better than a loss in their first playoff game as well so again we will have wait until they actually play the games. I guess I just have a little more optimism about next year. I am going to expect wins and enjoy them when they come and I will be bummed about the losses. Do you really enjoy expecting losses and then being surprised when they win and happy that you were right when they lose. The Chiefs will be competitive in the division race. Maybe we end up with a wild card, maybe we reel off a few wins, maybe not. If you aren't watching to see your team succeed then why are you watching?

Head to head...yes. I have not at any point said that San Diego is a bad team. I never said Denver was a bad team. However I think that Kansas City is as good...you do not. That is where our opinions differ and you will not change my mind or tell me I am wrong. And yes I realize that we play other teams...I know records count and I still think the Chiefs will compete for the division title. I know it is all about numbers for you, but if we had won at Indy in the playoffs and then beat NE before losing in the AFC Championship with a 9-7 record and SD finished 14-2 and lost first round. Who would be the better team? My point is records are what get you into the playoffs. I have seen Denver make changes, I will wait until the season before I say that they have done enough to be better than the Chiefs. SD did not do any better than a loss in their first playoff game as well so again we will have wait until they actually play the games. I guess I just have a little more optimism about next year. I am going to expect wins and enjoy them when they come and I will be bummed about the losses. Do you really enjoy expecting losses and then being surprised when they win and happy that you were right when they lose. The Chiefs will be competitive in the division race. Maybe we end up with a wild card, maybe we reel off a few wins, maybe not. If you aren't watching to see your team succeed then why are you watching?
    Ok. If, If, If...If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!!!!! If we would have beat Indy and then beat New England and If If If.

The bottom line is IF we would have won more games, we would have been better!!!

I guess I, as well as most others on this site from what I read, are just a little more realistic. It is no secret that we are in a bit of a retooling phase and that means youth which in turn means mistakes.

We always want our team to win but I am one that doesn't have or want a false sense of security when it comes to winning games. I am never glad when we lose and yes, at times I am surprised and happy that we have won a game that maybe we got a few breaks in.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but I will tell you right now that if you ask 100 people who are not Chief fans, who is the better team, 99 of them will say San Diego! Go ask your neighbor, I bet he says San Diego.

It's difficult to only compare head to head games because they play other teams. If they played 16 games against each other you would have a legitimate argument.

Trust me, when we don't do as well as you anticipate us doing, I will be the first there to take your shoestrings for your own good.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast