Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 49er

Sweets Guest

Default Team 49er

Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

Take off your HOMER GLASSES canuck!!! The Chiefs are gonna struggle to get 3rd in our division!

Oh....I didn't know. I guess I will just watch the '09 season. Will we have a chance by then?? I will let you wait to hear what the "experts" say before I decide to watch.

Sweets Guest

You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts because a player might log on and see that you don't like them...give me a f*ing break if a multimillion dollar player can't take criticism from a fan then f* em, the word fan is from the word fanatic and I should be able to give my unbiased opinion of what I see is good or bad about my team.

Canada, please don't take what I say about your team as bad just that talent wise KC is seriously lacking next to the Chargers and Broncos, sure as TX said it's who wins the game but ultimately the best run, most talented and what team has the better players will win in the long run.

I am the outsider here, or guest as it where but what I will tell you is that I will be as critical of my own team as I will be with yours and let me say that I am as critical of Alex Smith as any outsider, yes he's young but for the amount of money we paid he hasn't lived up to my expectations as yet and maybe in his 3 year everything will come together. I hate Kwame Harris and I didn't like him from day one, he's weak and not a good fit at his position, I am very critical of Derek Smith and I think he gets more respect and kudos then he deserves, he misses initial contact often and is credited with tackles that IMO are non existent. My favorite player right now is Shawntae Spencer and I'm afraid he is in big jeopardy of losing his starting job to a much better player and I'm not going to sing his praises just because he's my fav., he needs to step up and step up big to win his job back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts because a player might log on and see that you don't like them...give me a f*ing break if a multimillion dollar player can't take criticism from a fan then f* em, the word fan is from the word fanatic and I should be able to give my unbiased opinion of what I see is good or bad about my team.

Canada, please don't take what I say about your team as bad just that talent wise KC is seriously lacking next to the Chargers and Broncos, sure as TX said it's who wins the game but ultimately the best run, most talented and what team has the better players will win in the long run.

I am the outsider here, or guest as it where but what I will tell you is that I will be as critical of my own team as I will be with yours and let me say that I am as critical of Alex Smith as any outsider, yes he's young but for the amount of money we paid he hasn't lived up to my expectations as yet and maybe in his 3 year everything will come together. I hate Kwame Harris and I didn't like him from day one, he's weak and not a good fit at his position, I am very critical of Derek Smith and I think he gets more respect and kudos then he deserves, he misses initial contact often and is credited with tackles that IMO are non existent. My favorite player right now is Shawntae Spencer and I'm afraid he is in big jeopardy of losing his starting job to a much better player and I'm not going to sing his praises just because he's my fav., he needs to step up and step up big to win his job back.
    I agree with what you are saying, but being on this board also dosen't mean that I am going to spend my days always talking about what is wrong with my team. If you dispute my position on my post about how the Chiefs stack up againt the rest of the division then that is your opinion. I am entitled to think that when you stack up position for position with all the teams in the west, the Chiefs are not as bad as you may think. I adressed that I think that SD and Den probably have a better o-line and corners. I know that we are aging at the corner position, i know that our o-line might not be up to snuff. I have discussed that plenty of times with people on this board. You will not however convince me that our RBs, TE, WR, D-Line, LBs and Safties will not compare with the rest of this division. You and the hillbilly can call me Homer all day long, but it dosen't make me wrong in what I say. I see the Chiefs for what they are. They have consistently been one of the most competitive regular season teams in the NFL and I expect that to continue next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts ...

Speaking as a moderator I take exception to the notion that we moderate or in any way edit what anyone says about the Chiefs good, bad, or indifferent. As our official rules state the mods and admins take a very liberal less is more approach to moderating the boards when it comes to allowing everyone the right to express their opinions; all we ask is that it remain respectful. We feel that everyone has the right to express his/her opinions without personal attacks. Now having said thus, I will say this much in Canada's defense is that for the most part he has provided balance to the very large amount of pessimism that has been displayed here in the name of none homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Take off your HOMER GLASSES canuck!!! The Chiefs are gonna struggle to get 3rd in our division!
    Sorry if I do not agree with you on that one, but now you are telling me the Faders are gonna be better. I think you might still have time to delete that post.

Sweets Guest

Well and I respect your opinions of your team as well, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...it's all good. and I'm repping you for your post.

Sweets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Speaking as a moderator I take exception to the notion that we moderate or in any way edit what anyone says about the Chiefs good, bad, or indifferent. As our official rules state the mods and admins take a very liberal less is more approach to moderating the boards when it comes to allowing everyone the right to express their opinions; all we ask is that it remain respectful. We feel that everyone has the right to express his/her opinions without personal attacks. Now having said thus, I will say this much in Canada's defense is that for the most part he has provided balance to the very large amount of pessimism that has been displayed here in the name of none homerism.
    Chiefster, this is NOT an official team board which is what I was alluding to, I have been on the "OFFICIAL" 49er board where you are banned or moderated when you post things that they think is against the players or team.

As I said I respect Canada and his opinion and I will continue to do so.

Thanx...if I know how to rep I would return it. It's nice to argue/discuss with someone other than Chief31. Looks like I will be seeing you in "the Ring" soon!

Sweets Guest

lol Canada...I enjoy this rants with you also and I'm happy that we can be argumentative without getting pissy...^5 to ya my Canadien friend..:)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast