Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team 49er

Sweets Guest

Default Team 49er

Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

Well, I guess I hope you are all right. Maybe this board is a little too depressing to enjoy. It really is a bunch of "realistic" chief haters. Call it what you want. I am excited about the upsides of my team. If I was watching and cheering for the team "everyone else thinks is better" then I would be a NE or INDY fan. I have been called enough names and I have said my piece about having a little faith in Herm and the Chiefs and most people strongly disagree with me. I guess I have not much else to say. You think that SD and DEN. You make it sound as if Den and SD have no weakness. Might as well give em the title now and save a few injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Ok. If, If, If...If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!!!!! If we would have beat Indy and then beat New England and If If If.

The bottom line is IF we would have won more games, we would have been better!!!

I guess I, as well as most others on this site from what I read, are just a little more realistic. It is no secret that we are in a bit of a retooling phase and that means youth which in turn means mistakes.

We always want our team to win but I am one that doesn't have or want a false sense of security when it comes to winning games. I am never glad when we lose and yes, at times I am surprised and happy that we have won a game that maybe we got a few breaks in.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but I will tell you right now that if you ask 100 people who are not Chief fans, who is the better team, 99 of them will say San Diego! Go ask your neighbor, I bet he says San Diego.

It's difficult to only compare head to head games because they play other teams. If they played 16 games against each other you would have a legitimate argument.

Trust me, when we don't do as well as you anticipate us doing, I will be the first there to take your shoestrings for your own good.
    Final result last year?? SD and KC in the playoffs both lost first game. Two games head to head...SD 1-1 KC 1-1. See...it isn;t difficult to compare. That is realistic. What you are is pessimistic. And if 99 of those 100 people said that the world is flat...would they be right?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Well, I guess I hope you are all right. Maybe this board is a little too depressing to enjoy. It really is a bunch of "realistic" chief haters. Call it what you want. I am excited about the upsides of my team. If I was watching and cheering for the team "everyone else thinks is better" then I would be a NE or INDY fan. I have been called enough names and I have said my piece about having a little faith in Herm and the Chiefs and most people strongly disagree with me. I guess I have not much else to say. You think that SD and DEN. You make it sound as if Den and SD have no weakness. Might as well give em the title now and save a few injuries.
    Don't take it personnaly, it's just banter! Just don't want to get the hopes too high!

There is a difference between optomistic, pesomistic and realistic. Hurts less when your realistic! Try it.

I will give one of them the title!!! To the NFC West. NOT the Superbowl though!

Sweets Guest

Canada, come on now...no one is giving in this is what people talk about in the off season and no one is hating on the Chiefs. If everyone that came here said the same thing "the Chiefs are the best in the league" there would be nothing else to talk about and you may as well close the site, that's what's great about message board you have a lot of people with different opinions talking and jawing about football and what they think and during the season we can come in here and give each other **** for what we said in the off season, every team has weaknesses its the teams that accentuate their strengths and lessen their weaknesses that in the end come out on top. No one is giving any team the title now, we all are going to have to earn our way to the top, Indy included because that's one of the hardest things to do is repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Take off your HOMER GLASSES canuck!!! The Chiefs are gonna struggle to get 3rd in our division!
    Sorry to come back to this post again, but people are saying the Raiders are gonna be better and that is not hatin on the Chiefs? I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but trust me I could find you a hundred posts about how bad the Chiefs are. I do not do a lot of computer stuff, but I know when I am reading a bunch of negative things about the Chiefs. I hear enough of their bad side and how good the donkeys and bolts are on TV. Everyone says they hate ESPN and NFL Network here, but it is like watching a rerun of Total Access listening to the downfalls of the Chiefs. I hear the same sh#t here as I do everywhere else. I come here to talk about the Chiefs and what I like about them. Have you seen anyone on this board have any prolonged conversation at all about something positive with this team. We all hate Carl, We all hate Herm, the season is over before it starts. You are right, everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am sorry I just expected to find more optimism here.

Homer

Sweets Guest

The Raiders??? bwahahahahahahahahahah, of course maybe their defense, they are stocked on D but on offense..I DON'T THINK SO....unless the Chiefs totally break down somewhere, I don't see the Raiders moving ahead of anyone in your div.

Don't lump me into that pessimistic group of people. I'm a glass half full kind of guy that gets sick of all of the negativity as well. But in an off-season where a team has done little to shore up problems, the skeptics are going to be out in full force. That's their right. But it's also my right to stay positive about the Chiefs for a lot of the reasons you have already mentioned. The Chiefs haven't lost anything yet. We have a new QB, a new #1 WR and the Chiefs are coming off their first playoff season in a few years. The defense is vastly improved and should be a top 10 defense this year. The Chiefs still have the best tight end in football, hopefully LJ, and finally a deep threat in the passing offense. There is a lot to be optimistic about. Don't let the negativity pull you down. I don't!

:bananen_smilies047: Take that skeptics!!!!!!:bananen_smilies047:

Sorry to come back to this post again, but people are saying the Raiders are gonna be better and that is not hatin on the Chiefs? I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but trust me I could find you a hundred posts about how bad the Chiefs are. I do not do a lot of computer stuff, but I know when I am reading a bunch of negative things about the Chiefs. I hear enough of their bad side and how good the donkeys and bolts are on TV. Everyone says they hate ESPN and NFL Network here, but it is like watching a rerun of Total Access listening to the downfalls of the Chiefs. I hear the same sh#t here as I do everywhere else. I come here to talk about the Chiefs and what I like about them. Have you seen anyone on this board have any prolonged conversation at all about something positive with this team. We all hate Carl, We all hate Herm, the season is over before it starts. You are right, everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am sorry I just expected to find more optimism here.

Homer
    Again, don't lump us all into that group of pessimists. It's just like watching your local news. You don't see stories on the good things happening in your local community, you see stories about a double-murder on the SE side of town, or how the local economy is struggling. You can let yourself get caught up in being negative, but it's an awful life to live. All this banter reminds me a lot of a quote from my favorite movie of all time(Shawshank Redemption), "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."

I feel sorry for people that do nothing but complain. As I said earlier, it's an awful way to live your life. If you don't believe me, then try this challenge.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17362505/

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    The Raiders??? bwahahahahahahahahahah, of course maybe their defense, they are stocked on D but on offense..I DON'T THINK SO....unless the Chiefs totally break down somewhere, I don't see the Raiders moving ahead of anyone in your div.
    Agreed 100%. Holy cow as I'm writing this article, I just heard an optimistic story about Dwayne Bowe on ESPN. See it is possible.

Sweets Guest

Well hell, post the dang story already!!!!!:anim-magicman:

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Well hell, post the dang story already!!!!!:anim-magicman:
    Sorry for the long post. Didn't want to make it even longer.

Sweets Guest

Well a paragraph and the link would be sufficient...come on YOU CAN DO IT

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast