Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 49er

Sweets Guest

Default Team 49er

Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, banana split.

I like pie!

Sweets Guest

49ers OT Kwame Harris is entering the final season of his contract. This might come as a shock to the anti-Harris faction of the audience (and that seems to be a sizeable group), but he will likely get a pretty good contract on the open market. Tackles are difficult to find. Those who make it to free agency are generally paid top dollar. Because the club already has Jonas Jennings, Adam Snyder and Joe Staley, I would not expect the 49ers to step up and sign him to an extension. Harris has a much different personality and approach to his contract situation than Smiley. Whereas Smiley likes to check out the market and compare himself to others out there, Harris seems oblivious to it all. This camp, Harris will be in a battle with Staley to keep his job. It's unclear whether Snyder will make it a three-pronged competition or if he'll concentrate on the guard positions.

Source: Matt Maiocco, Press Democrat

You guys have NO idea how estatic I am that Joe Staley can hopefully push his way into taking the starting job away from that weak arsed Kwame Harris, I didn't like him when they drafted him from Stanford and I still don't like him to this day, he's weak and gets beat all the time.

If another team wants to give him a huge payday, that's on them....I'm sick of him

Staley was a phenomenol pass-blocker at Central Michigan. He was a great run-blocker too, but may need some work to make the jump and become a force, in the NFL, as a run-blocker. I think he will immediately be a good pass-blocker. (Which is the "skill" part of the job.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Staley was a phenomenol pass-blocker at Central Michigan. He was a great run-blocker too, but may need some work to make the jump and become a force, in the NFL, as a run-blocker. I think he will immediately be a good pass-blocker. (Which is the "skill" part of the job.)
    I think that will come in a relatively short time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!
    Aren't you guys lucky you got stuck with the Seahawks and not the Chiefs during re-alignment. We would have owned your division during the Vermiel years.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Sweets Guest

lol Guru...in 2002 I really don't think it would have matter who we got in the realignment process the 49ers stunk up the field and Vermiel would have only cried even more...omg talk about embarrassing..sheesh man, pull yourself together...

I have no problem with the tears. The man knew offense, like noone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    lol Guru...in 2002 I really don't think it would have matter who we got in the realignment process the 49ers stunk up the field and Vermiel would have only cried even more...omg talk about embarrassing..sheesh man, pull yourself together...
    So you are saying we would not have won your division? HA
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Sweets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    So you are saying we would not have won your division? HA
    Guru, maybe you should re-read my statement before you laugh...I never said you wouldn't have won...calm down dude you don't have to prove anything to me, your AFC , I don't care.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast