Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how about the o-line

Default how about the o-line

i think they did a pretty dang good job against a pretty solid d congrats keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Defense was okay? Besides forcing four turnovers, we let old man Garcia completely TORCH our secondary! Yes, we had some injuries, but come on. They had no running game to speak of! It was pathetic! Yes, we did get conservative in the 2nd half, until that one drive where we got a FG.
    Like I said, it was okay. Not great. Considering they forced 4 fumbles from a offense that's 9th in rushing, 14th in passing and 13th in total yards, they did okay. But in the end, the play calling and conservative nature of a Herm Edwards team cost us a win.

On the bright side, if we can get rid of Herm, we have the potential of a pretty good QB in Thigpen.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Did our Corners give up a bunch of passes today?
    If 342 yards of passing is a "bunch", then yes.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    If 342 yards of passing is a "bunch", then yes.
    Let me rephrase. Was it the Corners exclusively who gave up the yardage?

Let me rephrase. Was it the Corners exclusively who gave up the yardage?
    If you count our 4th string CBs, then I would have to argue yes. Leggett gave up one TD in the endzone when he bit on a pump fake. One of the corners (couldnt see who) bit on the halfback pass for a TD. I am not sure but I think one of the corners (and a LB) missed an easy tackle and let them score a TD. And I think it was Leggett who gave up the big pass to Bryant (but to his credit it was good coverage and an amazing circus catch). But, I dont blame just the CBs or just the safeties. Defense is the ultimate team game. You could argue the safeties could have been there to help, the line could have gotten more pressure, etc.

I hope Flowers is back for next week ... we need his skills and the depth at CB.
    Last edited by jap1; 11-02-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If you count our 4th string CBs, then I would have to argue yes. Leggett gave up one TD in the endzone when he bit on a pump fake. One of the corners (couldnt see who) bit on the halfback pass for a TD. I am not sure but I think one of the corners (and a LB) missed an easy tackle and let them score a TD. And I think it was Leggett who gave up the big pass to Bryant (but to his credit it was good coverage and an amazing circus catch). But, I dont blame just the CBs or just the safeties. Defense is the ultimate team game. You could argue the safeties could have been there to help, the line could have gotten more pressure, etc.

I hope Flowers is back for next week ... we need his skills and the depth at CB.

Okay and thank you; you answered my question completely. Now it all makes sense. Did Brandon get hurt in the first quarter or something?
    And where was Carr, assuming we didn't start Surtain?

[/b]Okay and thank you; you answered my question completely. Now it all makes sense. Did Brandon get hurt in the first quarter or something?
    Both of them went out during the game, as well as Derrick Johnson.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

[/B]Okay and thank you; you answered my question completely. Now it all makes sense. Did Brandon get hurt in the first quarter or something?
    Carr was usually on the other side of the field for most of those plays I think. He did play well though. I dont think he gave up any big plays and he picked off a floater from Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Both of them went out during the game, as well as Derrick Johnson.
    Well I can sum the inevitable end of that up in TWO WORDS:

GOODBYE
    DEFENSE.

Yep; just call up Grain Valley and tell them to report to Arrowhead on Monday. Same if not better results.

Well I can sum the inevitable end of that up in TWO WORDS:

GOODBYE
    DEFENSE.

Yep; just call up Grain Valley and tell them to report to Arrowhead on Monday. Same if not better results.
    We had a defense?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We had a defense?

Okay, let me rephrase;

GOODBYE
    ANY DECENT
    PASS-PROTECTION.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast