Thread: Herm calls great game for once. Chiefs still cant hold on.

Default Herm calls great game for once. Chiefs still cant hold on.

In a game where Herm threw his conservative loser mentality out the window, the chiefs were still unable to win. The Chiefs passed on running downs, ran on passing downs, and even pulled out some trickery for a touchdown. This was the type a loss that I was thinking that we would have when I was analyzing our team in the pre-season. Some great plays from young guys some bonehead plays from young guys. But just not being mature enough to seal the deal. The blowouts that we had this year were not losses like this one or last one but just awful coaching and playing from every angle. This is much more acceptable. I know and have known that the Chiefs are not a playoff team this year. All I wanted was the outlining of a future contender and I think that we have seen brief notions of that these past two weeks. You guys must not forget how young this team is. Is Herm the guy to take us thier? Probably not. Actually, definitly not. But I must say that I thought that Herm really brought his "A" game today VS the Bucs. I loved the playcalling all the way through. The screen pass that everybody was crying about WAS AN OUTSTANDING PLAY CALL. If you know football, like I do, then you would know that Monte Kiffins (Bucs) defensive call was just a little bit better. Chan read that the Bucs were calling thier defense in patterns and thought that a blitz was coming. A screen is a blitz killer, especially with JC. Other than that I loved the bootleg at the end of the game. I wish he would have called that last week at the end. And they developed the running game with playcalling, catching the defense off guard. Great job Herm. Lets see you do it again!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    In a game where Herm threw his conservative loser mentality out the window, the chiefs were still unable to win. The Chiefs passed on running downs, ran on passing downs, and even pulled out some trickery for a touchdown. This was the type a loss that I was thinking that we would have when I was analyzing our team in the pre-season. Some great plays from young guys some bonehead plays from young guys. But just not being mature enough to seal the deal. The blowouts that we had this year were not losses like this one or last one but just awful coaching and playing from every angle. This is much more acceptable. I know and have known that the Chiefs are not a playoff team this year. All I wanted was the outlining of a future contender and I think that we have seen brief notions of that these past two weeks. You guys must not forget how young this team is. Is Herm the guy to take us thier? Probably not. Actually, definitly not. But I must say that I thought that Herm really brought his "A" game today VS the Bucs. I loved the playcalling all the way through. The screen pass that everybody was crying about WAS AN OUTSTANDING PLAY CALL. If you know football, like I do, then you would know that Monte Kiffins (Bucs) defensive call was just a little bit better. Chan read that the Bucs were calling thier defense in patterns and thought that a blitz was coming. A screen is a blitz killer, especially with JC. Other than that I loved the bootleg at the end of the game. I wish he would have called that last week at the end. And they developed the running game with playcalling, catching the defense off guard. Great job Herm. Lets see you do it again!
    I will add to that by asking THIS SALIENT QUESTION:

What do Carr and Flowers mean to this team?
    Answer:

EVERYTHING.
    DCS has ruled; Court ADJOURNED!!!

Herm called a great game? Really? First half he did better. But he went right back into conservative play calling and trying to defend the lead. Real coaches go for the kill, Herm doesn't.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

It is still the clock management and timeout management, and of course the "running home to momma" with the conservative play calling that does Edwards in.

Who knows if the outcome of the game is different, but when you have the oppowing team with 23 seconds on the clock and the clock running, why, oh why do you call a freaking timeout and give the offense a chance to pull themselves together and BEAT you?

In the end, that is where Herm failed. Of course had he continued to go for the juggular then the outcome is different. Herm failed, again this week just like last weekend.!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    It is still the clock management and timeout management, and of course the "running home to momma" with the conservative play calling that does Edwards in.

Who knows if the outcome of the game is different, but when you have the oppowing team with 23 seconds on the clock and the clock running, why, oh why do you call a freaking timeout and give the offense a chance to pull themselves together and BEAT you?

In the end, that is where Herm failed. Of course had he continued to go for the juggular then the outcome is different. Herm failed, again this week just like last weekend.!
    The Mystics of the ages recommend sitting cross-legged and using the Mantra "Om", which means "I Am". For post-Herm Stress Disorder, I recommend the following:
    "Our Players Are Better Than Our Coaches".
    Works like a charm, AND it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I respectfully disagree about that screen call. If it was done anywhere but in the redzone, then I would agree with you. The problem is when you are in the redzone, the LBs that are not blitzing dont have to drop back as far, since there is less field to cover between them and the safeties. That means they will be sitting right where the screen is supposed to develop, or at least not very far away. In the middle of the field that is a great call because the LBs that dont blitz will be 10-15 yards downfield by the time the RB gets the ball.

Otherwise, I agree that they did a great job of putting in a lot of variation to keep the D off guard, especially in the first half. In the second half it either did not work, or they toned it down. Hopefully we can continue to improve on this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I respectfully disagree about that screen call. If it was done anywhere but in the redzone, then I would agree with you. The problem is when you are in the redzone, the LBs that are not blitzing dont have to drop back as far, since there is less field to cover between them and the safeties. That means they will be sitting right where the screen is supposed to develop, or at least not very far away. In the middle of the field that is a great call because the LBs that dont blitz will be 10-15 yards downfield by the time the RB gets the ball.

Otherwise, I agree that they did a great job of putting in a lot of variation to keep the D off guard, especially in the first half. In the second half it either did not work, or they toned it down. Hopefully we can continue to improve on this offense.
    good point

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Herm Edwards Stats:
    Jets - 39 wins - 41 losses
    Chiefs - 14 wins - 26 losses

total - 53 -67

That is not a good coach. It is a losing coach and that is what Edwards is and always will be. Make him the coach of the Giants or Titans tomorrow and those teams go in the tank. Plain and simple, the guy is out of his element as a head coach. If he is still the Head coach of the Chiefs next season be prepared for another 4-12 season.

Those of you who live in KC should run him out of town .

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    Herm Edwards Stats:
    Jets - 39 wins - 41 losses
    Chiefs - 14 wins - 26 losses

total - 53 -67

That is not a good coach. It is a losing coach and that is what Edwards is and always will be. Make him the coach of the Giants or Titans tomorrow and those teams go in the tank. Plain and simple, the guy is out of his element as a head coach. If he is still the Head coach of the Chiefs next season be prepared for another 4-12 season.

Those of you who live in KC should run him out of town .
    Right now I would be happy if we can get to a 4 win season but im not seeing it happen. We played a great 1st half but couldnt hang on in the 2nd half. Also, I believe most people are trying to run Herm and Carl outta town!