Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herm Edwards needs to go

Default Herm Edwards needs to go

If it was not obvious to you before todays game it should be now. Edwards is a moron, he does nothing but lose and he need to go. How he can dominate the first half and then go conservative in the second half and blow the game is mind blowing. He's a loser, always has been, always will be. fire him NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    If it was not obvious to you before todays game it should be now. Edwards is a moron, he does nothing but lose and he need to go. How he can dominate the first half and then go conservative in the second half and blow the game is mind blowing. He's a loser, always has been, always will be. fire him NOW!!!
    Mantra SAYS!!!:

"Our Players Are Better Than Our Coaches".

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

The defense was spent in the 2nd half. The players didnt tackle and couldnt cover. I really cant blame Herm for this 1.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    The defense was spent in the 2nd half. The players didnt tackle and couldnt cover. I really cant blame Herm for this 1.
    Yeah but 3 points in the 2nd half. Our offense was looking offensive in the 2nd half. I know D was exhausted and injured, but offense was more conservative 2nd half. That 10 points Bucs scored at end of first half gave them the mo they needed for the rest of the game and really took the wind out of the sails of our Chiefs. Herm has to be agressive in his play-calling at this point and hit em in the nuts...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    You can if Herm put together the defense. Every starter, except for Edwards and Johnson, was his pick, FA, or waiver wire grab. He drafted CBs and Ss to slow to defend the pass man to man. He drafted a front four that can't get pressure on the QB. He's trying to implement a Cover 2 scheme for which he has the exact wrong personnel.

You can if Herm is butchering clock management by caliing TOs for his opponenets in the last 30 seconds.

You can if we can't put a TD drive together in the 2nd half.

Yeah, I can blame Herm Edwards for this.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 11-03-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    Okay, this is just nothing but ignorance. I can understand everyone hating Herm because of the way our team has been playing recently but after this game, how can you possibly continue to blame him? The playcalling was more agressive than it should have been. If it's not evident that we're losing games because we have young, inexperienced players, then you have your head up your ***. Our young guys have to play at a high level in order for us to succeed right now and they have done that recently. What we are seeing is a young team that doesn't know how to secure a victory. They'll learn. Give them time and be patient. We're not going anywhere this year so just enjoy watching the progress. I think Herm is on the right track. I like the talent we have out there and I wouldn't dare trade them for a group of overpaid, washed up prima donnas *cough* cowboys *cough*
    I would also like to add that our defense was almost half first year players in the second-half. Herm even admitted that they tried to hide Leggett so they wouldn't attack our secondary. If anyone needs to go, it's our strength and conditioning coach.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 11-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Okay, this is just nothing but ignorance. I can understand everyone hating Herm because of the way our team has been playing recently but after this game, how can you possibly continue to blame him? The playcalling was more agressive than it should have been. If it's not evident that we're losing games because we have young, inexperienced players, then you have your head up your ***. Our young guys have to play at a high level in order for us to succeed right now and they have done that recently. What we are seeing is a young team that doesn't know how to secure a victory. They'll learn. Give them time and be patient. We're not going anywhere this year so just enjoy watching the progress. I think Herm is on the right track. I like the talent we have out there and I wouldn't dare trade them for a group of overpaid, washed up prima donnas *cough* cowboys *cough*
    I would also like to add that our defense was almost half first year players in the second-half. Herm even admitted that they tried to hide Leggett so they wouldn't attack our secondary. If anyone needs to go, it's our strength and conditioning coach.
    The Cowboys defense is one of the better young defenses in the game. Who on it is an overpaid primadonna? Their offense is a different subject.

Herm stripped our defense except for guys he drafted (again, DJ and Edwards excluded). Some are going through a learning curve, some are just not panning out, and some are being used in the wrong defensive scheme. But they are all wearing out in the 2nd half. We don't have any good players on the bench. Every injury is a major one because we have no decent backups.

Our defense is getting worse, not better, as this season goes on. Were at the bottom in pass and rush defense. They aren't coming together as a unit. Although our offense isn't in the top half of the league or anything, its our defense that has cost us the past two games.

I mainly blame Herm, because he is still making Gunther coordinate a Cover 2 defense with personnel who are no good in the Cover 2. Page and Pollard are too slow, and too poor at coverage. Flowers, Surtain, and Carr are slow (for CBs), but a Cover 2 doesn't require speedy CBs. DJ isn't savvy enough to be a Derrick Brooks, Donnie Edwards is too slow, and Williams is just no good. Surprisingly, Thomas is our best LB for this defense, and he's performing better than he has any right to.

This wouldn't be a problem if our front four were getting anything resembling pressure on the QB, but they aren't. Really, it's the front four Herm put together that is killing this defense, at they get no pressure on the QB and can be run on mercilessly by good running teams.

It doesn't help that Herm/Carl refused to shore up our weaknesses in FA, instead of relying upon undrafted rookies.

Injuries happen during the game. Most teams don't require 100% health to avoid losing a game with a 21 point lead.

I am a huge Anti Herm guy, and I can only blame him for some poor clock management this game and maybe for being the person for playing Jon McGraw and Bernard Pollard and for drafting such a poor defensive line.

The real only thing I am upset about is Herm taking a time out with 25 second left stopping the clock when Tampa was just as disorganized as KC. This gave them time to call the right play.

Then again on the two point conversion. Now I understand they were trying to get their ducks in a row, but it also allowed Tampa to do the same.
    Last edited by Seek; 11-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    The buck stops with the guy in charge...Herm Edwards. The numbers don't lie...1-7 this season, 4-12 last season, 14-26 with the Chiefs and 53-67 career. Those all add up to a big fat LOSER! He blew a 21 point lead, AT HOME! He is totally ineffective and can't manage a complete game to save his own life.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I never liked Herm Edwards and never will. He's the down fall to the Chiefs. He wants to "build a young team". How about starting with a QB!

I see all these other teams who have been doing better than the Chiefs and still firing their head coaches but yet the Chiefs havent even mentioned anything about Edwards. How many HORRIBLE seasons OR loses do the Chiefs need to have before they even consider firing him? He has a LOSING overall record and does nothing but make excuses of why he can't win a game!

The Chiefs shouldve beat the Pats, and shouldve won the last 2 games against the Jets and Bucs but Herm Edwards play calling SUCKS!!!!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast