Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front and Center CHIEF31; time to STEP UP! lol.

Default Front and Center CHIEF31; time to STEP UP! lol.

Alright. I have admitted the error of my ways regarding Tyler Thigpen, and now I wanna' hear a little somthin'-somthin' from YOU regarding this O-Line.

Because unless I'm mistaken; these are the SAME GUYS we've been playing since game 1.

Can we now FINALLY agree that a better player is a better player, is a better player?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Alright. I have admitted the error of my ways regarding Tyler Thigpen, and now I wanna' hear a little somthin'-somthin' from YOU regarding this O-Line.

Because unless I'm mistaken; these are the SAME GUYS we've been playing since game 1.

Can we now FINALLY agree that a better player is a better player, is a better player?

Consider it tenatively done. I am amazed at what I have seen from them over the past two games.

I don't expect it to continue. But there is no way to deny that they have played very well lately.

And no. We can not agree on the 'better player' thing.

Michael Jordan popularized the "Scottie Pippen" and it happens everywhere in football. One player makes another look better than he really is. And, in the process, actually makes him better.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Consider it tenatively done. I am amazed at what I have seen from them over the past two games.

I don't expect it to continue. But there is no way to deny that they have played very well lately.

And no. We can not agree on the 'better player' thing.

Michael Jordan popularized the "Scottie Pippen" and it happens everywhere in football. One player makes another look better than he really is. And, in the process, actually makes him better.
    Sooooo Croyle, Martin, and Thigpen are all equally awesome. Got it.

Well I too am nearly ready to think that Thigpen does have a shot here. The kid is really getting the job done. I don't necassarily subscribe to the he's better because he has good people theory even though I have to recognize in any team situation that is clearly the case.

No, Thigpen is doing what we would expect a quarterback to do. You can see that he is having fun out there and that is making all the difference. Now if he just had a better coach, then I could get more excited.

I am starting to see improvement now, and we should have a shot at being competitive with San Diego next weekend. I would like to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well I too am nearly ready to think that Thigpen does have a shot here. The kid is really getting the job done. I don't necassarily subscribe to the he's better because he has good people theory even though I have to recognize in any team situation that is clearly the case.

No, Thigpen is doing what we would expect a quarterback to do. You can see that he is having fun out there and that is making all the difference. Now if he just had a better coach, then I could get more excited.

I am starting to see improvement now, and we should have a shot at being competitive with San Diego next weekend. I would like to see it happen.
    Well here's what you should be excited about:
    We know the kid can execute tricky stuff. We know Charles can execute tricky stuff. And we have an O-Coord who'd not afraid to try tricky stuff!
    That Is Gooooooood!
    Now; we abandon the Tight End as a focal point, line Charles up BEHIND Mike Cox, and Sweet Virginia; it's GO TIME.

We know the kid can execute tricky stuff. We know Charles can execute tricky stuff. And we have an O-Coord who'd not afraid to try tricky stuff!
    That Is Gooooooood!
    Now; we abandon the Tight End as a focal point, line Charles up BEHIND Mike Cox, and Sweet Virginia; it's GO TIME.
    I want Charles to carry the main load so much, but I'm just scared to death that he'll get injured. He has a whole world of talent, but I just don't know if his body can take that kind of abuse. Now that we don't have a choice, may as well try.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

That Is Gooooooood!
    It was nice to see that they used the FB occasionally. He looked pretty good in the preseason, and I think he can be a pretty good FB. Id like to see him getting some passes from Thiggy too though. A little playaction bootleg dump to Cox?

I wonder if they are running the 4 wide with Cottam because they dont like what they see out of the 3rd WR?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    It was nice to see that they used the FB occasionally. He looked pretty good in the preseason, and I think he can be a pretty good FB. Id like to see him getting some passes from Thiggy too though. A little playaction bootleg dump to Cox?

I wonder if they are running the 4 wide with Cottam because they dont like what they see out of the 3rd WR?
    I'm not exactly sure what their reasons are, but even if the line is performing better, a FB can definitely help widen the holes or provide misdirection, and MORE Blocking in pass situations.
    It's a win-win, and we should at least try it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

To answer your question: When you have a second tight end in. The defense doesnt know if he is in for run blocking help or pass protection. A very small percentage of the time, hes in to actually catch a pass. This is why its so nice to have a good #2 tight end. If they had the #3 WR out thier, the defense knows that they are probably dealing with a pass and even if its not, they dont have to play alot of men in the box to cover the run.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 11-03-2008 at 12:23 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    To answer your question: When you have a second tight end in. The defense doesnt know if he is in for run blocking help or pass protection. A very small percentage of the time, hes in to actually catch a pass. This is why its so nice to have a good #2 tight end. If they had the #3 WR out thier, the defense knows that they are probably dealing with a pass and even if its not, they dont have to play alot of men in the box to cover the run.
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there some official commentary about utilizing the spread more with Thigpen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast