Thread: Take Heart, People!

Hybrid View

Default Take Heart, People!

After listening to Mitch's post-game breakdown, it's pretty obvious to see what happened with this game.

If you lose your 3 best defenders, and you're playing a team that lives for "airing it out", then don't be too surprised if they come from behind to get the win.

And let's address winning for a moment. I came in to this season expecting only ONE THING; to see improvement, and to get a clear picture regarding who can perform and who can't.
    And with each passing game, that picture becomes clearer. We should have a VERY good idea by the end of this season who can stay and who needs to go.
    And unless Edwards and Peterson are shown the door at the end of the season, I expect EXACTLY THE SAME THING NEXT YEAR TOO.

I would LOVE to see a collection of posts from this and other forums from the day Edwards was announced as head coach; I bet it's a hate-fest/flame war for the ages.
    That Herm Edwards was chosen as our head coach by Peterson should tell you ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BOTH OF THEM.
    As long as those two run the show, the Kansas City Chiefs will NOT be a winning franchise. Period.
    The GOOD NEWS, is that these two knuckleheads have stubbornly committed the franchise to building a championship team through the draft, instead of quick-fixing every possible gap through free-agency. And thankfully, they are better at drafting than anything else they do.
    This will make us a better team long-term, and it will give the RIGHT GM and Head Coach the weapons needed to win games.

Come on people; you KNOW this. It's been at the back of your head since we cleaned house at the end of 2007, and committed to a Re-Build.
    You've just lost sight of it because like any other football fan; you want some bragging rights.
    And you'll eventually get them.
    You'll get them after we've drafted another class, sent them to "NFL School" for a season, and when that team takes the field in 2010 under new leadership.
    Until then; be happy with the obvious improvements at certain positions and the W's we do get; or you'll just be tearing your hair out for the rest of this season and next year too.

The other good news is that we just might finally have a legitimate NFL Quarterback on the roster, and an O-Coord with the stones to use him in unconventional ways.
    When was the last time you could say that???

In short; see reality for what it is, and BUCK UP.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Even if u lose your 3 best defenders there are back-ups that are getting paid nicely to play a game. If the back-ups cant play and perform then we are screwed. Thats what happened! Blown coverages and poor tackling!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Even if u lose your 3 best defenders there are back-ups that are getting paid nicely to play a game. If the back-ups cant play and perform then we are screwed. Thats what happened! Blown coverages and poor tackling!
    Couldn't agree more. Basic fundamental football. Must wrap up!!
    SHUT IT

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the first half our offense was in the killer mode. reminded me of dickies, attacking offense. the second half we went back to R2P2 offense of hermmies. i guess he saw we had 21 points and thought it was arena football. the bucs adjusted and we didnt in the second half.
    Last edited by wolfpack; 11-03-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: hermmie and his flunkies need to go
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    the first half our offense was in the killer mode. reminded me of dickies, attacking offense. the second half we went back to R2P2 offense of hermmies. i guess he saw we had 21 points and thought it was arena football. the bucs adjusted and we didnt in the second half.
    What, a head coach is supposed to make adjustments during a game? I almost thought that Herm and his staff had been patrolling these sites with the way the offense played in the first half, but unfortunately we had to play 2 halves of football.

Who was these three best players. Flowers got hurt and was out, That is 1. DJ got hurt but returned a couple series later. Donnie Edwards got kicked in he nuts and returned two plays later.

Where are these three key injuries??

Sure wasn't when Pollard tried to blow up Clayton instead of wrapping up and stopping a play instead of letting it go for 30 yards and field goal range.

Sure wasn't when J. Mcgraw forgot it was tackle football and not flag football on the kick return when he tried to pull the returners towel instead of tackling him.
    Last edited by Seek; 11-03-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Who was these three best players. Flowers got hurt and was out, That is 1. DJ got hurt but returned a couple series later. Donnie Edwards got kicked in he nuts and returned two plays later.

Sure wasn't when Pollard tried to blow up Clayton instead of wrapping up and stopping a play instead of letting it go for 30 yards and field goal range.

Sure wasn't when J. Mcgraw forgot it was tackle football and not flag football on the kick return when he tried to pull the returners towel instead of tackling him.
    Somebody posted that Flowers, CB #2 of the week, and Johnson all went out with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Flowers and DJ, both, went out with hamstrings and didn't come back.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Flowers and DJ, both, went out with hamstrings and didn't come back.
    DJ did come back. I distinctly remember him making a tackle when the announcers made a comment just afterwards that DJ also left the game and his stutus was questionable. I remember complaining how the Fox Announcers were complete obvlivious to the Chiefs since they NFC is their thing.

I know he was limited but I had figured that they were usig Jon McGraw as a NB instead.

Point of the matter, Someone is making excuses instead of looking at some poor play. Where was the pass rush?? Where was the tackling again????

At some point the Chiefs needs to stop making excuses fo the youth and just start doing it right.

Injuries Shminjuries. The game could've been put away with a reasonable call inside the 5 yard line on 3rd and 1.

But no. We called a screen pass. On the goal line. When there's almost certainly going to be man coverage and 11 defenders cramped in a very short part of the field.

Brilliant. No, really. It's so bone-headed and stupid, it SHOULD have worked.