Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Positive Thread(or, medication for Canada's Soul)

Default The Positive Thread(or, medication for Canada's Soul)

We have a Quarterback who can play, and quite possibly the two best Corners in the NFL.
    (Definitely the two best ROOKIE Corners!)

Chan Gailey, as it turns out, is NOT a moron and seems to have found a QB who can execute the system he's trying to implement.

The grass at Arrowhead Stadium is green and pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    In the trend of putting a positive spin ...

The Chiefs were on the Sportscenter Top 10 plays ... 3 times. Granted two were us being embarassed by the Bucs (the KR for a TD and the halfback pass for TD number 3 and 4 I think). BUT, we had the NUMBER ONE highlight: Bradley to Thiggy Pop!!!
    AWESOME!

You gotta' LOVE seeing a play like that come from the Chiefs; WE JUST DON'T DO THAT KIND OF SH*T!
    Until Now.

Some more feel good stuff. The notes on the Chiefs game from Scouts Inc on ESPN's website:

Buccaneers 30, Chiefs 27
    Tampa Bay
    • The Buccaneers were stoned on the ground by Kansas City's base 4-3 defensive fronts. RB Earnest Graham found very few creases up front thanks to the Chiefs' physical, aggressive style. Kansas City won the battles at the point of attack. The Tampa Bay blockers had trouble disengaging off their blocks to get to the second level, which allowed the Chiefs' linebackers to scrape, flow to the ball and put the clamps on Graham.

Kansas City
    • Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey did a great job of developing a game plan to get the ball to his best weapons. Gailey moved TE Tony Gonzalez around -- split wide, in-line, flexed, in the slot -- to get mismatches in the passing game that QB Tyler Thigpen was able to take advantage of. Gailey also did a nice job of keeping Tampa Bay off-balance with unconventional formations and plays, such as the throwback pass for a touchdown that came out of the Wildcat formation.

From that you would think that we actually won.

While my bitterness towards the teams management hasn't been rleived much, I do have a far brighter outlook on this team right now.

Tosh has done a 360 over the past two games, and Adrian Jones has been surprisingly unnoticable, while Albert is starting to impress.

That alone makes me feel pretty good about the team.

But, I am not ready to get involved in discussions about what we need in the off-season, because as soon as I recognize the need for a DE, my wounds are refreshed, all the way to the bone.

But being able to actually look at a QB playing in KC is nice. Poorly, or well, I am just glad that I can finally see a QB being given the opportunity.

I hope that it lasts for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While my bitterness towards the teams management hasn't been rleived much, I do have a far brighter outlook on this team right now.

Tosh has done a 360 over the past two games, and Adrian Jones has been surprisingly unnoticable, while Albert is starting to impress.

That alone makes me feel pretty good about the team.

But, I am not ready to get involved in discussions about what we need in the off-season, because as soon as I recognize the need for a DE, my wounds are refreshed, all the way to the bone.

But being able to actually look at a QB playing in KC is nice. Poorly, or well, I am just glad that I can finally see a QB being given the opportunity.

I hope that it lasts for a while.
    Okay, that was "quasi-positive". Damnit; this is for Canada's well-being!
    Put your "Partridge Family Sunshine Specs On", smoke a fatty, and let the love FLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Okay, that was "quasi-positive". Damnit; this is for Canada's well-being!
    Put your "Partridge Family Sunshine Specs On", smoke a fatty, and let the love FLOW!!!
    You're trying to get blood from a turnip here. I have given what I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You're trying to get blood from a turnip here. I have given what I've got.
    I think I know what you're feeling. All of a sudden, the offense comes to life, but where's the other two thirds?

Jesus Christ; this whole process is hard as a fan, but as a football student it's probably the most interesting time I've ever had as a Chiefs fan. It's a lot of fun to see the possibilities.

Carl may define "true fans" as those who purchase season tickets and fill his new posh-boxes( and I can't disparage those who keep the coffers full ), but I define a true fan as someone who cares enough about this franchise to spend genuine time thinking about it, respecting it, and keeping the spirit and legacy of it alive.
    You'll never in a MILLION years hear a player or member of the franchise say "I check out the forums, I like to get a pulse on the fans", but they do.

From time to time, they do.

Ok Canada , I benched P.manning and Inserted Thigpen and Bowe for the Chargers game this weekend in my fantasy League. We are gonna take home a win this time around. We are getting our **** together and the rest of the season is gonna be filled with games we can be positive about.

I enjoy these kinds of threads too!!!! LOL They don't get the blood flowing as much

I agree Yzila, just got back from KC on monday. flew up from Ft Bragg NC to catch an amazing game. the Chiefs looked amazing and have nothing but potential in thigpen and jamal charles. even the D is playing better. lots of hope for the rest of the year and going into next year maybe we dont waste a 1st pick on a qb that will need time to develop. maybe we can get another position of need as high as we will be picking. GO CHIEFS and I am outta here

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME IF THE CHIEFS MAKE A RUN FOR THE AFC WEST CHAMPS!!!!!!
    GO CHIEFS!!!!

We still can. I think.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast