Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: big test 4 thigpen today

Default big test 4 thigpen today

i wish he did not have to face this tampa d today after last weeks performance but it will definantly be a big test for him and i guess we will see a little more where we stand with him this should be an interesting game

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I agree, good luck to thigpen today! I hope he shows us want we have been missing all season with Croyle and Huard.

Default Rate Thigpen

Ok... I think this is a good thread for everyone to evaluate Tyler Thigpen on his progress (or lack of it)

Last week many posters said "yeah good game, but it was only one.. might have been a fluke... etc. Some posters were acting like he might become THE future of the Chiefs..

After watching the game, and like some of you do, watching the taped version again and again, I would like to hear what all of you are thinking now?

I haven't "seen" anything yet as I am out of state, but the overall impression I get from the posts is that he played another consistent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I haven't "seen" anything yet as I am out of state, but the overall impression I get from the posts is that he played another consistent game.
    Indeed, he wasn't as good as last week, but he was, certainly, good enough for most games. There were some drops on him, as well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Ok... I think this is a good thread for everyone to evaluate Tyler Thigpen on his progress (or lack of it)

Last week many posters said "yeah good game, but it was only one.. might have been a fluke... etc. Some posters were acting like he might become THE future of the Chiefs..

After watching the game, and like some of you do, watching the taped version again and again, I would like to hear what all of you are thinking now?
    i think tyler played a solid game i was very impressed when he threw the ball away to avoid sacks. and when he faked his injury to buy some time good thinking. he did have a few questionable passes though were the interceptions were broken up by the wide recievers. but that can be expected. no picks no fumbles is he the franchise qb not quite yet but he did make some smart desicions today. his confidence is up hopefully he can keep it up and we can save our first round pick for another positon

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    his confidence is up hopefully he can keep it up and we can save our first round pick for another positon
    I totally agree on this one Thigpin.
    I dont know either if he can keep up the good work, but right now i choose to be positive and just enjoy the games. Its long time since i have bin so in to the games 2 weeks in a row, and i really think that we are going to see more from Thigpin.

/NKChiefs

Quote Originally Posted by NKChiefs View Post
    I totally agree on this one Thigpin.
    I dont know either if he can keep up the good work, but right now i choose to be positive and just enjoy the games. Its long time since i have bin so in to the games 2 weeks in a row, and i really think that we are going to see more from Thigpin.

/NKChiefs
    No doubt. I just hope he can stay healthy. SLIDE PLEASE!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i think tyler played a solid game i was very impressed when he threw the ball away to avoid sacks. and when he faked his injury to buy some time good thinking. he did have a few questionable passes though were the interceptions were broken up by the wide recievers. but that can be expected. no picks no fumbles is he the franchise qb not quite yet but he did make some smart desicions today. his confidence is up hopefully he can keep it up and we can save our first round pick for another positon
    Please, no! Look, Thigpen is vastly overachieving and is stringing together good efforts in close losses. But he isn't a franchise QB. We're not winning a SB (or maybe even a playoff game) with him. He doesn't have the accuracy, the vision, or the football sense.

I'm more than happy to see him start next year while we groom a franchise QB. I'm more than happy for him to be our backup in case of injury. I'm proud of him that this 7th round pick from Coastal Carolina can go toe-to-toe with a great defense like the Bucs.

But we can't pretend he's a long-term answer. If we do, we're just wasting more years without really rebuilding this team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Please, no! Look, Thigpen is vastly overachieving and is stringing together good efforts in close losses. But he isn't a franchise QB. We're not winning a SB (or maybe even a playoff game) with him. He doesn't have the accuracy, the vision, or the football sense.
    And you know this how???
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast