Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs and Playoffs? Listen before you laugh.

Exclamation Chiefs and Playoffs? Listen before you laugh.

The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
    You should try to have a more positive chiefs' heart. We might not win 3 of the last 8(?) regular games but at least we can see the promise in them, no matter how much later that promise will come to fruition. It would be nice if KC turned out to be the best out of the AFC west. As far as "knowing" or being certain the chiefs will win AFC west, they are not that consistent.
    The game in Denver, I would most likely bet against the chiefs because for some reason they can't win in Denver except for the Joe Montana game. I doubt that even Thigpen can take them to a win in but I do try to have a open mind especially with Thigpen. He has opened my eyes to possibilities.
    So let's hope that the chiefs make all those "Vegas groups" lose alot of money, Let my first thought about Denver be wrong and let this game against the Chargers be the first in the KC chiefs win consistency.
    GO CHIEFS!
    THIGPEN, THIGPEN, YOU'RE OUR MAN, GIVE US A WIN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
    GO CHIEFS! GO THIGGIE!
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 11-07-2008 at 05:55 AM. Reason: PUNCTUATION
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Can we focus on winning A game before we even blindly think we can still win the division. Seriously, I know the offense has looked good recently but they still have looked bad, and with the injuries on the already pathetic defense, That aint gonna help us.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I have to admit...I laughed before I listened. And then, I listened and still laughed.

In all seriousness, there's about a 1 percent chance of us winning one more football game, let alone making a wildcard playoff berth. This team is woefully inconsistent right now.

Ditto!

But, technically we didn't listen at all; we read, and I didn't read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    texaschief,

The only game I'd question in your list is that Miami game. They've looked better than most expected this year. I've actually been saying for the past few weeks that I wouldn't be surprised by Miami winning their division. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised. As such, I wouldn't chalk them up as a win quite yet.
    True. They've looked good. They'd probably be the best team in OUR division, that's for sure. Especially since they've already beaten our two division leaders. lol

But looking at the schedule, I think if you want to look at it as though the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs, the game against Miami HAS to be a game the Chiefs win. If for no other reason, than common opponent in case of a division tie.

A question: The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl but they won the championship in 1960 before there were Super Bowls. Now if someone asks us how many championships we have won, we can say Super Bowl 4, of course. But can we also say 1962? We were the Dallas Texans that year. Then we became the Kansas City Chiefs in 1963. I'd say we can count 1962, since it was the same franchise and had players like our Len Dawson. Although the name wasn't the CHIEFS.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    A question: The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl but they won the championship in 1960 before there were Super Bowls. Now if someone asks us how many championships we have won, we can say Super Bowl 4, of course. But can we also say 1962? We were the Dallas Texans that year. Then we became the Kansas City Chiefs in 1963. I'd say we can count 1962, since it was the same franchise and had players like our Len Dawson. Although the name wasn't the CHIEFS.
    Yes. It's the same organization. As an organization, we have won one Super Bowl and one AFL Championship.

We won the first ever SuperBowl!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    It's impossible. There, I said it. Because there is no "this team" so far. "This team" is terribly inconsistent. Would it surprise me if San Diego rolls over us by 3 TD's this weekend? No. Would it surprise me if we pulled out a win? No. This team is so erratic and under coached, it's really not funny anymore. I say it's way too early to say what kind of team "this team" is right now. It would be awfully hard for the 2008 Chiefs to win any game on the road, when we blew a 23 point lead at home. I know it sucks, but it is what it is. Coaching and game management has also been bad and that hurts an already struggling team.

By George I've got it! Herm has invented his own signature coaching style/method!
    We're gonna' hit 'em with the 'Edwards Powerball'; 1 in 80-million odds of success! BRILLIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    True. They've looked good. They'd probably be the best team in OUR division, that's for sure. Especially since they've already beaten our two division leaders. lol

But looking at the schedule, I think if you want to look at it as though the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs, the game against Miami HAS to be a game the Chiefs win. If for no other reason, than common opponent in case of a division tie.
    I think that all of the remaining games would be considered in the same fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We won the first ever SuperBowl!!
    Actually, we lost the very first Super Bowl. We won the fourth one.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that all of the remaining games would be considered in the same fashion.

Actually, we lost the very first Super Bowl. We won the fourth one.
    Actually, the SuperBowl was not named the Superbowl until the 4th AFL/NFL championship game. Chiefs vs Minnesota. The first three games were later name SuperBowls I,II and III
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast